Alexander Adam

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 17th, 2009, 07:33 AM
mom2xander's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to mom2xander Send a message via Yahoo to mom2xander Send a message via Skype™ to mom2xander
Friday, December 19, 2008:

Wolf took me to Yuma, 2 hours away, for my 38 1/2 week appointment. The midwife said I was 3cm and 40% effaced, but they wouldn't send me to the hospital yet. We drove back home another 2 hours. A few hours later, I started getting what I didn't know were contractions. A little while later I called a family friend, my mom, Wolf's mom, and finally the midwife. She had me time my "contractions", and call back in an hour. When I called, she sent me another 2 hours to Yuma Regional Medical Center to be checked in L&D. 3cm and contracting, but not close enough - so they sent me home yet again. This time Wolf's parents had gone with us, so we stopped at Walmart before going home again. Wolf was exhausted, so we sat in the parking lot and he took a nap. A few hours later, my contractions were so bad that he brought me back. They finally admitted me at 7:15am.

Saturday, December 20, 2008:

The midwife got to the hospital by 9am, and the anesthesiologist was there for my epidural an hour later. I lost my mind! Both Wolf and I are absolutely terrified of needles. The nurse gave me some kind of drug to calm me down, which made me sound like a drunk idiot. Wolf saw the size of the needles and had to leave the room. I finally calmed down and wow - I didn't feel a thing. That, of course, was after it took the doctor 3 times to get the catheter in the right place. It took me 2 hours to dilate from 4cm to 10cm. My mom and sister made it to the hospital only minutes before I started pushing - not that I could even tell if I was pushing or not. Wolf glanced down so he would see his son born, but didn't want to see much else. I only tore a little and it was only skin, no muscle was torn. Alexander Adam was born at 2:30pm, weighted 6lb4oz, with his eyes wide open. He looks a lot like mommy and daddy, but we also have a lot of attributes in common with each other. We planned to call him Alex, but decided a few hours before he was born to call him Xander.

Sunday, December 21, 2008:

Recovery wasn't bad at all. I wasn't nearly as sore as I expected to be. Sleep is non-existent, but I'm loving being a mom. It's something I've wanted for such a long time, and I'm glad Wolf is the one I started a family with.

January 19th, 2009, 05:39 PM
Katty85's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats! Glad it all went smoothly for you!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search