Liam Dunn

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 21st, 2009, 08:22 PM
Dori11's Avatar Super Mommy
We were starting to wonder if this baby was ever going to make an appearance and then on Christmas Eve, 5 days after my EDD, I started getting cramps and pains. By Christmas dinner, my entire family was sitting around timing my contractions. At 4am on Boxing Day I had my bags all packed and I thought we were going to be heading to the hospital. Since everybody else was sleeping, I decided to lay down to see if I could get a little rest before our departure. I woke up about 2 hour later, no contractions, no pains, nothing. Talk about major disappointment. Finally the contractions started up again on the 27th in the morning. At 5:00 in the afternoon we headed to the hospital. They hooked me up to the monitors and I didn't have a single contraction. They had us walk around the hospital for an hour and then hooked me up again. Still nothing. I couldn't believe it! They sent us home at about 7:00pm. We got home and the contractions started again. By 9:00 they were 5 minutes apart and really painful. It was a really foggy night and I wasn't sure what to do. I was afraid to go back to the hospital only to be sent home again. But finally we decided to just go and take our chances. By the time I got to the hospital, the contractions were coming fast and furious. They didn't even check me this time, they just got me into a room. When they did check at 11:00, I was 8cm dilated. I decided to go for an epidural, mostly because I was just tired from days of contractions and pain, and by the time they got that finished, we finished all the paperwork, and the doctor arrived at just after 12:00 I was fully dilated and almost ready to start pushing. There was a problem though. Every time I pushed, the baby's heart rate would drop. I had gone through 3 sets of pushes when the doctor told me that the baby had to come out on the next push and he was going to have to use the vacuum. Liam arrived on the very next push with the help of the vacuum, face-up and with the umbilical cord wrapped around his neck twice! What a scare! The doctor took him away for a few minutes but everything turned out to be fine. Liam Dunn was in my arms moments later.

Liam Dunn was born at 12:25am on December 28th, 2008, 7lb 6oz. We were all surprised by his weight since we were expecting a huge baby. Apparently his measurements were off because he was turned around the wrong way. My recovery has been really quick. Liam and I were in such good shape after the birth, we were allowed to go home for dinnertime the very same day Liam was born.
January 21st, 2009, 09:06 PM
Katty85's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
sounds like a good birth experiance! congrats and thanks for sharing!
January 24th, 2009, 03:20 AM
kristen121's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had contractions for days before I finally had Emma, so I know how frusterating it is. Congrats on you LO, glad all went smoothly.

January 26th, 2009, 12:30 AM
Super Mommy
Congratulations!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search