Victoria Diane

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 22nd, 2009, 09:14 AM
LuvMyToriBug's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, I know that I am extremely late, but...........

Here is my very belated birth story for my little Victoria Diane……

After what I would really consider a “Picture Perfect” pregnancy (compared to what it could have been), on November 2, 2008 my husband Jeff, two step children and I had planned to drive to Birmingham to pick up our travel system for Tori. Yes, I am admitting at 37 weeks and 2 days, I still had not purchased my daughter’s car seat. It was a typical Sunday, getting the kids in the tub and getting their clothes together for the return trip to their mom. I had already showered and Jeff had already showered. We were working on getting ourselves dressed and ready to head out to Babies R Us. After my shower, I had to do what lots of pregnant women do and that is, go to the bathroom AGAIN!! As I finished and wiped, I noticed and pink tinge on the paper and wondered if it was anything to be alarmed about. I quickly ran into my bedroom where I had my handy dandy book “What to Expect When you are Expecting”. I quickly picked it up and started looking up some information; meanwhile, Jeff was asking me what was wrong. As I tried to keep him calm and told him that it was nothing, it did not work, I ended up explaining to him the situation. He said, “Don’t you think you need to call the doctor instead of looking at that book”? I said that I thought everything was fine and not to worry. Well, I proceeded to call my friend (DDB Jendaly) and explain to her what was going on. She was content as well and basically said the same thing that I was thinking and that I read which was, it could be “Bloody Show” but that it could take a few more weeks for anything to happen. Jeff continued to insist that I speak to the doctor so I did, and she also was not alarmed and said basically to watch, time my contractions etc. Anyway, I finally got everything and everyone (especially Jeff) calmed down and I proceeded to sit down on my bed to apply my makeup. I spread a towel out for me to sit on so that I did not mess up my sheets. Well, as soon as I sat down at about 10:45 a.m., I felt a huge gush; of course I realized that my water had just broken. I then said to Jeff, “Uh honey, I think we need to go to the hospital.” He immediately started “Flippin out” on me and hurried my step son into the shower as he had not had his bath yet, not to mention, I still had not packed my bag for the hospital yet. My hospital was about 2 hours away; Jeff kept yelling, “I AM JUST GOING TO TAKE YOU TO THE EMERGENCY ROOM HERE”. I said, “No you are not, we are fine”. He said, “YOU BETTER CALL THE DOCTOR AGAIN.” So I called and again explained the new developments, I asked her if she thought that I could make it to the hospital because of the distance and she said that if I could walk and talk through my contractions, then I should be fine. I was still very calm as I had to be the calm one, Jeff sure was not calm. Well, we finally get on the road and immediately, Jeff pulled out a watch, a piece of paper and a pen, and he gave it to Emma (my 10 year old step daughter) and told her to time my contractions. They were averaging about 20 minutes apart and were not hard, they were still tolerable. Well, needless to say we still had two little kids and my dog that had to be taken care of, and they would not make it long at the hospital just sitting. On the way, we took a couple of short little stops, one was to drop my step kids off with Jeff’s parents and the other was to drop my dog off with my sister. Through every little town along the way, Jeff was continuously making sure I did not need to go to the emergency room as he claimed that he did not want to deliver his daughter himself on the side of the road. I held to my plan and that was to make it to the hospital in which I was scheduled to deliver Tori. I continued to remain calm as we arrived at the hospital; it was around 2ish in the afternoon. Jeff jumps out and goes inside to find out where we needed to go. He comes back out to get me, as soon as I stepped my feet on the ground, I doubled over. That was the first hard contraction that I had experienced. From then on, they were coming every 5 or so minutes. I really was not timing them but I knew that they were coming very quickly. They got me up to Labor and Delivery and immediately, after changing into my gown, they started prepping me for my epidural. I told them that they needed to “HURRY IT UP” that I was in pain!!! They explained that they had to get a bag of fluid in me first and after that I would be ready for the epidural. When my bag of fluid was nearly gone, the anesthesiologist was called and came to administer my epidural. AAAHHHH, what relief, I felt so much better…it was time to just hang out for a while. At arrival I was already dilated to between 4 and 5 cm. and an hour later I was between 5 and 6 cm. At close to 10:30 p.m., I was fully dilated and they prepared me so that I could start pushing. Well, Victoria Diane was born at 11:06 p.m. on November 2, 2008, weighing in at 5 lb. and 9 oz. and she was 18 in. long.

January 22nd, 2009, 10:14 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Wow thanks for sharing Becky, bless your DH being the panicky one. Mind you if we wer 2 hours from a hospital Im sure DF would be too! When did you end up getting your travel system? lol
January 22nd, 2009, 10:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
TFS Becky...way to go being the calm one I am glad everything went well...I am curious as well, when did you end up buying the travel system, especially since I know they wont let you leave the hospital without an infant seat ?

January 22nd, 2009, 10:44 AM
xanada101's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to xanada101 Send a message via Yahoo to xanada101
Can I just tell you that I laughed sooo hard when I read this! I was cracking up over Jeff's panicking. It sounded like something out of a movie. Thanks goodness for his parents being able to take the kids with such short notice... and for your sister taking the dog! What a whirlwind! I am glad that everything went so well though! You should totally put this story in Tori's baby book!

January 22nd, 2009, 10:53 AM
KCMomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That was too funny! I can't believe you were the calm one. I'm not so sure I would be the calm one!!!! Thanks for sharing your story!

Thank you Julka for my beautifully, perfect siggy!!

January 22nd, 2009, 11:31 AM
LaLaRose3's Avatar My brand of heroin.
What a cute story! I can totally see DF acting like that, LOL! Congratulations, again, on a perfect little girl!

(NO FACEBOOK, PLEASE!)

January 22nd, 2009, 11:42 AM
LuvMyToriBug's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Wow thanks for sharing Becky, bless your DH being the panicky one. Mind you if we wer 2 hours from a hospital Im sure DF would be too! When did you end up getting your travel system? lol[/b]
Thank you Emma and Anitha....
To answer you question about when I got Tori's travel system......I had Tori on a Sunday night. Well, on Monday DH did not leave the hospital, but on Tuesday he left and went to Babies R Us to purchase our system and all was well.

Thank you Toni, Gwen, and Lauren, I am glad that you enjoyed my story. It was quite comical. I was telling his mother about the day and she said "Man, Jeff did not tell me all of this".....well, I am sure he didn't LOL!!

January 22nd, 2009, 12:30 PM
snsgirl336's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow! I'm really impressed that you stayed so calm! Good thing you did since Jeff didn't! It's a wonderful birth story and I'm so happy that you have your beautiful Tori!!!

Thank you Natalie for my beautiful Siggie!!!

January 23rd, 2009, 08:45 AM
shannaj's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks so much for sharing...that is such a great story! lol My husband Jeff panics very easily too, so I can see that happening in my household as well! Congrats again on your little baby girl...so amazing!

Thanks to Vicki for my gorgeous siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search