~Cailin Mae's Birth Story~

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 29th, 2009, 12:56 PM
Newbies
I woke up Friday morning, June 20, 2008 around 6:30am. My husband had just left for work, and I got up to use the bathroom. I had felt something "strange" going on down there, but didn't really think anything of it, did my business then went back to lay down for a little while. As soon as I laid back down I felt a trickle and immediately got back up and ran to the bathroom. My water had broke! I first called my hubby, told him "it was time, my water just broke" and he turned right around and drove back home. During this time, I called my OB/GYN, he told me to go to the ER and I texted a good friend and told her I was on my way.

By the time my hubby got back home, it was around 8am. I didn't have my hospital bag packed yet (I was not due yet for another week!) so I grabbed a few things, and out the door we went. My hubby drove my car, and the whole way to the hospital he was so nervous! I wasn't nervous at all, I hadn't gone into labor yet so I knew we had time. We got to the ER, checked in, sat in the waiting room for about 10 minutes, then they came with a wheelchair and wheeled me up to the New Beginnings/Maternity ward. I changed clothes, by this time I was leaking pretty bad (sorry if that is TMI) but we had to get some paperwork filled out for my stay. By now it was about 9:00. My doctor came in around 9:30, told the nurse to start me on Pitocin since I had not yet started labor. Around 11 I was in some pretty bad pain. I hadn't dialted far enough yet, around noon I was only at about 6 cm and 60% effaced. They pumped up the Pitocin more, and then by 1:00 I'd hade nough and asked for an epidural. They administered the epidural around 1:30 am, and by 3:45 pm I was fully dialated and 100% effaced. Time to start pushing! I pushed for about 45 minutes, I probably only actively pushed for about a half hour. The baby was coming too fast and my doctor was still not in the room! He finally arrived, and about 15 minutes later Cailin was born, at 4:48pm, weighing 7 lbs 4 oz and 20 inches long.

We spent the next 2 days in the hospital and finally were discharged Sunday evening.
January 29th, 2009, 03:50 PM
~Allison~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What a great story! You went pretty fast, just like I did!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search