Arianna Katherine

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 16th, 2009, 09:51 AM
Super Mommy
It took me a while to get in here to tell the story of her birth, but it's better late than never, right?

I had a doctor's appointment on December 15th (with an ultrasound prior to the appointment) with an NST before I saw the doctor. The NST went alright but the doctor came in with a concerned look on his face. My fluid was in the gray area and my blood pressure was slightly high. I had zero progression at that point. My doctor said to me that he might want to get things going that very day but he wanted to confer with the other OBs and see what their thoughts were. When he came back they had all agreed that it would be best to get the ball rolling. I was to go to the hospital and be admitted at 3pm. I went out to lunch with my best friend (and Arianna's aunt) at the Olive Garden and then headed back to the hospital where I got admitted and set up. At about 5pm they gave me Cervadil to soften my cervix since I was still "hard" with no dilation. I spent the night with that in and at about 6am they induced me. I was doing fine for an hour or so and then the contractions started to get worse and worse. After about 4 hours the contractions were bad enough that I had to completely stop any talking I was doing so that's when they decided to administer the epidural tap. I had a contraction right in the middle of the anethesiologist putting it in, but luckily it turned out well. It took hold just as the contractions doubled in strength. I did get to sleep some during the day, but I was hooked up to an oxygen level thing and every time I fell into a deep sleep they went down and the machine beeped me awake. My progression got stuck at 3-4 cm for a few hours. My doctor came in and broke my water since it hadn't yet. There was still no more progression for a while after that so my doctor decided to go to a meeting he had across town thinking he'd have enough time to get back before I was fully dilated. He was wrong! Within half an hour I went from 4 to 10cm and started needing to push. I hollered at the nurses that I needed to push and they told me to go ahead but not hard. Well, the on-call doctor was making his way to me, and I was told he was running very fast down the hallway (he's got to be in his late 50s or older). They had hardly got his smock on him when Arianna came "barreling" out at 4:43pm. I pushed her out in 18 minutes.

Arianna's aunt had been coaching me, but gets queasy at the sight of blood so she was pretty quiet, however my mom was also in the room and she was so excited and telling me all about the baby that just came out of me. I heard Arianna cry and I started to cry tears of joy.

The most fun part of my birth story is that the doctor that delivered Arianna is the same doctor that delivered me when I was born! I thought that is a cool story to tell her when she gets older.

Arianna Katherine
February 17th, 2009, 12:25 AM
Katty85's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sounds like you had a great birth. That is cool that the Doc was the same one that delivered you hehe.
March 22nd, 2009, 09:36 AM
iTry's Avatar BFing, bed sharing, SAHM
Send a message via AIM to iTry Send a message via MSN to iTry Send a message via Yahoo to iTry Send a message via Skype™ to iTry
Aww thats really nice! Although I'm not sure I'd want 2 other women in the room with me! Well done sweety =)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search