Tobias Wolf

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 22nd, 2009, 09:20 AM
iTry's Avatar BFing, bed sharing, SAHM
Send a message via AIM to iTry Send a message via MSN to iTry Send a message via Yahoo to iTry Send a message via Skype™ to iTry
(Sorry I don't know any of you, I couldn't find an introductions thread in this playroom, but I'm Sarah and its nice to meet you ^^)

First of all I would like to say I know there is a famous author called Tobias Wolff, but we had always agreed our first son would have Wolf as his second name, and I just love Tobias!

Okay so my birth story. Well basically, I had a feeling very early on that this (my second) baby would come early, I don't know why I just did. But I was determined not to have a 'Christmas' baby (ie 6th of January or earlier) so I was completely in denial and when my contractions started on the morning of the 28th of December I ignored them xD

So I don't know exactly when my labour started, but I count it from 2pm because that's when I got my first strong one and I knew I couldn't put it off any longer. I was at my SO's mother's house, and he was down the town with his friends, and I had to phone him to get him to pick up my hospital bag from my house (I hadn't even finished packing it - talk about denial lol).

So by the time Fin (SO) had arrived with my things I was in the shower crippled with contractions, very close together. I got him to call an ambulance (because we don't have a car at the moment) and it had arrived before I was even dried. We told his mother what was going on just as the ambulance pulled up outside her house - she was cross that I hadn't told her and I was cross that she had anything to do with it lol but the in-law story is another story all together xD - and we left our daughter with her.

The ambulance got us to the hospital at about 16:45 and Toby was born at 17:17. I know I have been very lucky to have 2 short labours =)

Overall, I would say this labour was harder than my first, because I'd had the flu and I wasn't totally recovered. With my daughter, the contractions were strong enough that pushing wasn't a problem, but this time I felt that I was having to muster the energy to push and it was very hard work. Some contractions were so tiring that I just didn't want to push. I didn't need any stitches though and I was up and getting a shower within about half an hour of having him, and the labour was only 3 and a half hours long.

So overall, compared to many mothers I've spoken to, I think it was relatively easy. If you can say that about childbirth xD
June 10th, 2009, 03:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats I have quick labours also and had to call an ambulance with my 3rd craziness, I haven't seen you post on our main board, happy your baby is here safe and sound though.

Thanks Claire1979 for the siggy

Tags
labour childbirth birth

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search