Natalee's Birth Story... Yes its been almost 3 years!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 2nd, 2011, 05:11 PM
Natsmom0801's Avatar ~TTC #2 for our #1~
I know its been almost three years since she was born, but I still remember every detail like it was yesterday.

33 weeks.... I was dilated to 3cm and almost fully effaced. I was put on bed rest in the hospital where I stayed for 2 weeks and then I was sent home.... At 35 weeks (July 31) I went in for my regular check up and I was 6cm and fully effaced and my water bag was bulging so off to the hospital we went! I knew that she was going to be born early but I was so ready to meet my little lady! Once I got to the hospital and changed into a gown I went to sit down on the bed and my water broke, they got me hooked up to all the monitors and I was having contractions every 2 min and they lasted for 45seconds each. I never felt a single contraction, they still dont know why I was unable to feel them. Once I got my epidural I had a immediate reaction to the medication and they had to remove it, for some reason it stopped my dilation. So after 13 hours labor and 2 hours of pushing my little miracle was finally here! She was tiny but had all ten toes ten fingers one head .... all the parts were counted for and she was beautiful.'

August 1, 2008
5lbs 12oz
17 3/4inches
5:07 am

At 17 weeks she turned head down and at 20 weeks she was in the birth canal. So she had a VERY big cone head and she would just cry this sweet little cry when anyone touched it, it was so sad.

She ended up having some respiratory problems and jaundice, I hated seeing her in the "baby tanning bed" as my husband called it!

She was Daddy's little Princess right from the start, and she still has him wrapped around her little fingers!

Finally, after two weeks in the hospital we were ready to take her home! She looked so small in her carseat!

Holli... Wife to Allen 11/25/06 and Mommy to Natalee 08-01-08
May 6th, 2011, 02:28 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for sharing! What a sweet little miracle she is!

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!
May 18th, 2011, 09:03 AM
RainyDay's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aww, thanks for posting her birth story! I can't believe you didn't feel those contractions I was so surprised to see the picture of her head and how much it had molded--how long did it take to correct itself? She's a very pretty little lady

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search