Marianne's Pregnancy Journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 17th, 2007, 05:58 PM
mk513's Avatar Nick's Mommy, Marianne
Today I'm 5 weeks, 6 days pregnant! It's amazing to me how fast the last 2 weeks have flown by (in retrospect, of course) and I'm hopeful that the next 6 weeks will fly by just as fast. I'm really looking forward that 12 week mark when I can finally take a deep breath and enjoy this experience a little more.

My only symptoms to date have been cramping (though I didn't notice any today or yesterday), my nipples hurt and my breasts seem to be starting to hurt as well. I have been going to the bathroom a TON today and I'm really afraid that I might be getting yet another UTI (I was treated for one @ 4 weeks 5 days with one 1000 mg dose of zithromax). Hopefully I can wash it out with lots of water & cranberry juice!

Thanks to Christa (GymChick) for the awesome siggy!

September 24th, 2007, 05:13 PM
6 weeks, 6 days.

Looks like I avoided that 2nd UTI...YES!!!! As far as symptoms go, my breasts only hurt when I press on them (but not as much as before and I'm constantly feeling them to make sure they still hurt!), and the cramping has pretty much gone away. I go to the bathroom a lot, but I did before I got pregnant so I really can't say that there's a huge difference. And no m/s. I'm really hoping that my doctor will do an ultrasound at my appointment on Friday so I know if everything looks ok... Thank goodness I only have to wait 4 more days!!!

October 12th, 2007, 04:02 PM
So much for my idea of updating my journal once a week, LOL!! Today I am 9 weeks 3 days (but 9 weeks by u/s).

Well, we had our first appointment on September 28 (7 weeks 3 days) and everything looked great. The doctor had us fill out a questionnaire, she did a regular check-up (Pap, breast exam), and the big u/s. At that time the little bean was hiding out behind this big yolk sac, but we did get a great pic. After everything was done, she told us that we could considered a low-risk pregnancy and congratulated us again.

I have had some pretty bad cramps off and on throughout this pregnancy. But on the evening of October 3rd, I had cramps along with spotting when I wiped. It was pinkish red and eventually turned to brown later in the evening. It never got heavy enough to reach my pad. On the advice of my doctor, I made an appointment the next morning (8 weeks, 2 days) to be examined. The doctor took me into the sonogram room and discovered what she felt was the cause of my spotting - there was a SECOND baby that had stopped forming early on. She tried very hard to find a heartbeat, but unfortunately there was none. We were very excited though to HEAR our other baby's heartbeat for the first time through the u/s machine! Plus, the baby had grown right on track. So overall, we were happy with the results of the appointment. I wasn't about to miscarry and we had one healthy-looking baby! They scheduled another u/s for one week later.

I started cramping and spotting again on the evening of October 10th. It was identical to the last time so I didn't panic too much. I was nervous though when we went to our appointment the next day (9 weeks 2 days) but the doctor found the baby right away and let us listen to the little one's heartbeat. Gosh, I could just listen to it all day! She also found my corpus luteum cyst, which she said is a good thing. There was no sign of the other baby so she said that we could assume it had been reabsorbed by my body.

The next appointment is scheduled for November 1st at 12 weeks and I'm hopeful that the doctor will be able to find the baby's heartbeat with the Doppler! Here's hoping that I don't have any more cramping or spotting!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search