~*~ Astrid's Pregnancy Journal ~*~

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 25th, 2007, 06:09 AM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I didn't think that I was actually going to start a journal but there just seems to be this need for me to do so. I'm hoping it will relieve some of the stress that I am holding about this pgcy. After 2 long years & countless BFNs, our 1st round of IVF resulted in me getting pg. I had myself convinced that I would not test until the the day of the beta but as God would have it, I started spotting on 9-04 & thought that our 1st attempt was for nothing. Boy, was I ever surprised to see the 2nd line pop up! At the same time, I was scared out of my mind b/c here I was spotting again, just like the 1st one. Well, the spotting lessened for the next 2 days to where there was hardly anything on 9-06. For the next 12 days, I began to enjoy being pg, no worries until the 18th when I started to spot again. This time, it was very short lived, only the morning. WHEW!

Move forward to 9-24, the discoloration of CM returned, I wouldn't even call it spotting until when I went to the bathroom that night, for the last time before going to sleep. Low & behold, there was light brown actual spotting, not like before where it was mixed w/ CM. This time it was the real deal. Now, I went to the bathroom all night long, of course, & there wasn't any but this morning, it had again returned but lightly.

Now, I am also really nervous/anxious about our u/s today. It seems as though it should be a HAPPY time, to think that we are going to see our baby/ies & hear some heart beats but instead I am worried sick. Seriously, I am so freaking out right now that I am actually glad that I am a school teacher & that the day will pass quickly b/c my students will keep me busy. The only problem is that I want to run to the bathroom every 5 minutes to check. This is so not normal & not fair! I wish I could just enjoy the pgcy. I know I will fee better today, after the u/s & after we know what is going on. I have so many questions & hope that they take the time to answer them b/c I know if we are indeed all good, that I move on to a regular OB.

So, this is what I will write for now. I'm sure I will write more later today.

September 29th, 2007, 03:31 PM
Since Tuesday, I haven't been able to write! It is no wonder. We are having triplets! We have been busy telling family & friends as it is such a precarious pgcy from the get go. We need all the prayers we can get. It truly is amazing what God will give you after patiently waiting for 2 years to get pg. WOW!

So, today we went & got maternity clothes b/c my belly is getting big & noticable. I know that this 1st round will last me a couple of more mths & that is it. They are really cute & the clothes are super comfy on my belly which has been suffering a bit unless I wear my gaucho pants from Target. Other than that, I had my 1st bout of morning, well...I should call it "evening" sickness, on Wednesday. I threw up in the front yard for everyone to see. What an introduction to my pgcy! Since then I have felt icky at about the same time every day but not vomitting until today, Saturday. Hey, they say that sickness is a sign that the placenta is beginning to excrete the necessary hormones for the baby! I'll take it!

October 4th, 2007, 07:13 PM
Well, on Monday, I was at work, having a wonderful day. I even said, "I'm beginning to be able to enjoy the fact that I am pg w/ triplets. There is just some type of reassurance that there are 3 in there." Well, I spoke too freakin' soon! At noon I went to the bathroom to find red spotting. It was very light pink on the TP so I went *digging* to see what was going on & there was red...now, if I hadn't gone digging maybe I wouldn't have freaked out so much. I called my RE immediately & they told me to come in at 3pm. I called Todd to tell him he had to pick me up at 2:30. Poor thing went home before coming to get me so I could take my meds. I have the best hubby in the world !!!!

We got to the appt & were seen immediately. I liked that we didn't have to wait another 40 minutes. Nurse Anne came in & found the 3 h/b's immediately so Todd & I let out a big sigh of relief. All of our babies were measuring the exact same size, 7w 6d. Baby A had a h/b of 176 (maybe our little girl), Baby B was at 167 (one of our 2 boys), & Baby C was at 162 (the 2nd of our boys). Now, lets see if my predictions are correct when these babies are actually born healthy!

After the u/s, NP Stephanie whom we adore, came in to see if my cervix was closed. She said it was shut tight! Then we talked about m/s & I told her I was experiencing it. She gave me a rx for Zofran. Good thing b/c today, I had to take one at school! Otherwise, we are going back on Oct. 16th which will be at the 10 week mark.

As for the rest of the week, I have been spotting light brown but they say this is normal. Today there was a bit of pink but then again, I had to go *digging* once again. I know, shame on me! So, these little babies are going to continue giving mommy big worrying episodes. I suppose this is the beginning of motherhood, right? As for Todd, he is sick as a dog! He is running a high fever & nauseous. We think food poisoning is culprit. Hopefully this will go away tomorrow. Poor dear!

October 7th, 2007, 03:52 PM
Time to check in w/ the journal. We have made it a whole week longer than the last pgcy! I can't believe it. Now, these 3 seem to be kicking into high gear b/c I have been tired & lazy all weekend long. I suppose they are growing & taking from me what they need. That is fine by me. Otherwise, things have been uneventful. I've been craving Taco Bell & may get DH to get some for dinner tonight. It just sounds so darn good!

As for symptoms, my m/s comes & goes every few days, normally coinciding w/ the days I am really tired. My boobs are not nearly as sore as what they use to be. My hunger level has decreased but I think that is b/c I have been eating like a pig & not been giving myself a chance to get hungry, LMAO! Other than that, I have been a bit more moody which I don't like but I am hoping will be gone soon.

DH has started working on the flooring upstairs which is a huge relief. That was my biggest worry, that we wouldn't get the flooring in. He has been working so hard for the past 2 days clearing out his computer room which is the biggest of the 3 rooms upstairs that I am so proud of him. It is going to look fantastic up there w/ the wood flooring. Of course we will put down an area rug but that is later, right? Ok, now I have to wait for him to get Taco Bell. YUMMY!!!!!

October 13th, 2007, 02:53 PM
Well, I thought I would write again since it has been a week. I can't believe we are about to hit the double digits b/c I never thought we would get this far! Seriously, God has been so good in answering our prayers & the prayers of all our family & friends. For now, the spotting has disappeared & has been gone for a week now. Again, praise God! Today I took a big step & went on a mini shopping spree & I told God that I was putting all my trust in Him that things would be ok. I know it sounds so trivial but I always told myself I would probably put off buying maternithy clothes & stuff for the baby until I absolutely had to. Well...w/ triplets growing inside me, that time has come for the clothes. I was so scared that I was jinxing myself by buying clothes. Seriously, I wonder if I did. That is the main reason I haven't told my students although word is getting around that I am pg besides the fact that I have this tummy that I can't very well cover up, LMAO!

Tuesday is another big day. We go in for another u/s & hopefully we will still see 3 beautiful babies & hear 3 strong h/bs. I don't normally freak out or stress about it until the day of, normally as it comes closer to the time to get the u/s. I know I will be a nervous wreck! At least I will have new clothes to make me feel better, hehe.

I want to start making a baby name list so I don't forget the names I like. I keep meaning to write them down but I don't which is silly. Why not here in my journal?

Boys Names
1) Ian Giovanni

Girls Names
1) Gabriela Sol
2) Alexandra Sofia
3) Ava Sol
4) Ava Sofia
5) Sofia Reese

October 18th, 2007, 04:28 PM
WOW! Have our babies grown this past week! We went in for our 10 week u/s & check up on Tuesday 10/16. It was the most beautiful thing to see our babies moving all around! They were waving & twisting in their little homes. Love, true love ! I mean, seriously, those little kiddos were all about moving! The coolest thing though was that all their h/bs were 176. Isn't that weird? DH said that it was b/c they were in sync, in harmony. They are all measuring 1-2 days ahead which is comforting. The NP & radiologist were both very happy w/ the results. So were we! Boy, do those days really stress me out.

Since Tuesday, I have been super tired & constipated which isn't good. I have new instructions to not strain, HAHA! How am I suppose to poo? Seriously! DH had to go buy some Colace to help soften the poo, NP's orders. Then she told me she didn't want me using my tummy muscles. HUH? How do you not use your tummy muscles? She showed me how I needed to get up from bed. I have to roll on my side & then push myself up using my arms. Fun. Also, I'm still to come straight home from work & put my feet up. Again, more fun. Either way, it doesn't really matter b/c I have been so freakin' tired the past 2 days that I'm glad I have an excuse to lay down.

Things are beginning to become real. Seriously real. Like we are really going to have triplets from the looks of it. WOW...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search