Ryan Thomas is born!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 30th, 2007, 03:38 PM
BLUDOLPHIN's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to BLUDOLPHIN
i had an ob appt on wed at 4. i was 3cm dilated and almost 95% effaced so the dr tried to strip my membranes. afterwards seth, sophia and i went to dinner and then to wal-mart to walk around a little. when we got home we gave sophia a bath and put her to bed. since i was contracting all the while we were out and getting her ready for bed we started to time them around 7:45pm. we timed them for around an hour and a half and they were on average about 4 minutes apart so we called the dr and they told us to come into the hospital. we got there around 9:30pm on wed and i was then almost 4 cm dilated and still 95% effaced. so they had me walk the halls off and on till about 2:30am when i was checked again and i was 5cm dilated and 100% effaced. i walked and rested off and on for the remainder of the night- till 9:30 thursday morning when they finally broke my water. i walked a little more, took a shower and then i REALLY needed the epidural. so seth had the nurse call anesthesia and i got my epi. a little over an hour after i got the epi i started feeling a ton of pressure. the midwife came in to check me and his head was right there!!!!
i pushed 3 times for a total of 5 minutes of pushing and little Ryan Thomas was born at 12:43pm on Thursday Dec 27, 2007!
he weighed 6lbs, 11oz - was 19 1/4 inches long and he is perfectly healthy!!!

Sophia seems to be adjusting well to being a big sister. whenever Ryan cries she tries to soothe him by giving him his binkie or sharing her Elmo doll with him!

Ryan's first pics- 12.27.07:

Mommy, Daddy, Ryan & big sis Sophia pics- 12.27.07 & 12.28.07:

Ryan going home from the hospital- 12.29.07:

December 30th, 2007, 03:47 PM
nitwit's Avatar Veteran
that's a wonderful story... congrats... I have a question... how far along were you when they stripped your membranes?
December 30th, 2007, 06:31 PM
BLUDOLPHIN's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to BLUDOLPHIN
Quote:
that's a wonderful story... congrats... I have a question... how far along were you when they stripped your membranes?[/b]

i was 38w6d. i was also 3cm dilated and 95% effaced

December 30th, 2007, 09:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
the picture of you with both of your children is just priceless

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
January 1st, 2008, 04:12 PM
Mrs. S. Johnson
What a beautiful addition to an already beautiful family! Thanks for sharing and congrats!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search