Lexie Yukina's entrance to my world

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 6th, 2008, 10:19 AM
Littlemunster's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had been feeling very ready for this baby to come, although she wasn't due for over a week. I had a doctors appointment and dd and SO and I walked to the office, a good hour in the snow. While I was there, I was having regular contractions for three hours, as that's how long it took to finally see the doctor. I asked to be checked, which was very painful, and was told I was 2 cm and %80 effaced. The doctor told me that it wouldn't be long and to expect the baby in the next day or so. We walked home and I had contractions the entire way. Once home, they stopped, again, I was so frustrated. the next day, I told SO to go to work, no point in losing anymore money.

At 3 pm, on Dec 28th, I felt a trickle of water in my pants. The baby had been very active all day, I thought that she might break my water herself. I stood up and paced wringing my hands and felt another trickle. I called SO to get over there. I was a little freaked, the last time my water broke, I went from 4 to 10 in 40 mins. I called the birthing center and they told me to come in. I called my mil and she got in her car to head over to watch my dd. SO was there within 15 mins, the fastest he has ever made it home. i was scared, my last labour was tramatic and very painful, I just sat with a towel between my legs waiting for contractions. They didn't come.

Mil arrived and we grabbed our bags and drove to the hospital. Still no contractions. We got to the birthing center and there was still just a trickle between my legs, I was obviously not in distress and the nurse told me to take a seat and that they would be right with me, they were having a very busy night. I sat down and then felt a gush of water. I informed the nurse that I was about to make a real mess here and she got me to triage. I soaked my pants, the towel and my socks at this point, and still no contractions. It was torture, waiting for the horrible experience and pain of labour.

Eventually after at about 6:30, I was brought to my labour room. They hooked me up again and everything looked good, apparently I was contracting and just not feeling them. So, they hooked up the pictocin. This also freaked me out, I have heard that they make contractions more intense then regular labour. I told the nurse that I was scared and wanted the option for an epidural, she told me to just let me know and she expected things to move quickly.

So, at 7:30 I was given the pictocin, this brought contractions on every 2 mins. I was handling it fine, these were not even comparable to my first labour. At 12:00pm, the doctor came to check me and I was at 4cm, this depressed me, but she assured me that things would move fast now. She left and the nurse turned up my pictocin. The contraction were painful but I could handle it, the problem was that I was tired, every 2 mins my contractions were waking me up and I hadn't slept in almost 2 days. The nurse brought in the anestisioligist (no idea how to spell this). The guy with the epidural. He asked if I wanted one and I told him that I could go longer if it would slow labour, he said if I didn't take it now, it would be too late, so I agreed. Ah, sweet relief! I had the epi at 1 am and could finally sleep. With my last labour, I took it too late and did not reap the rewards.

At 2:30 am, I began to shake, I was doing well, and had only hit my epi button twice, but suddenly there was pain. I felt like puking and my vagina was aching! I told the nurse that I was in transition. She agreed. 10 mins later, I told the nurse to get the doctor, I could feel pressure. The doctor came and I was at 10, but she said the baby was high, she told me I could push through the pain on my side and to call her when the pressure increased. After she left, I laid on my side and pushed through my next contraction. Suddenly, It felt like I was taking a huge dump!
I screamed at Denis to get the nurse, that the baby was coming out. The nurse came in and she looked, and a look of panic came over her face, she told me not to push and went to get the doctor. When everyone arrived, including my own doctor, I was so happy, I rolled over and began to push. i followed instructions and had complete control over my birth. The doctor called me a pro. 15 mins later, Lexie was born, I had 1 stitch when the shoulder came out, only because they didn't expect such broad shoulders. This was nothing like my first where I pushed for an almost 2 hours and tore 5 stitches. This was a wonderful birth! I look back and smile rather then cringe! SO said he didn't know what to do because I didn't need him. The last labour, he was also tramatized due to my pain.

Lexie Yukina came into the world with a little cry at 4:00 am, she was perfect and healthy! I was afraid due to the spot seen on her heart in an earlier u/s. She weighed 7lbs and 12 ounces and she looked like me! She latched on right away and has been feeding like a little piglet since.

My hospital experience was good. I was treated as if I knew what I was doing and with respect. They let us out after 12 hours. Took 2 days with my first. I had to return the next day for blood tests and I could tell that Lexie was jaundice, but so was Amaya and that turned out fine. We got to the hospital and they did a bilrubin test on Lexie, her levels were high. We were readmitted. They did blood tests (this is horrible, squeezing blood out of her little heal while she cried, she had about 5 of these tests over the course of a couple days and each tech commented on her strength and kick and that she must have been a handful in the womb, that was an understatement), Lexie had my SO's blood type and my blood type was incompatible with hers, she had abnormal jaundice. Lexie had to go into the incubator and undertake phototherapy for 24 hours. This was horrible, she hated it in there but was a trooper. Eventually, and to make a long story short, she was released from the hospital and we took her home. She has been doing really well since.

So, this birth was wonderful, although the jaundice was a little scary. Thanks for reading my story!

Lexie Yukina, my heart expands to love two<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wNwrudb/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
January 6th, 2008, 10:23 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
i am so so glad the birth was so much better this time for you! i know you were extremely nervous about that!

congrats again

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
January 6th, 2008, 10:42 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
That sounds like a great birth experience! I'm so glad Lexie has recovered from the jaundice so quickly!

January 6th, 2008, 11:38 AM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
i enjoyed reading this. thanks for sharing!
January 6th, 2008, 02:07 PM
spicymustard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad this expereince was a bit better for you!

January 6th, 2008, 03:24 PM
redbirds's Avatar Blessed Again!
OMG, Dana... look at those BEAUTIFUL cheeks!!! What a darling little girl you have there

I am so glad you did not have some of the "problems" or whatever you would like to call it, this time around as you did with Amaya. You are a pro! I also am happy to hear Lexie recovered quickly from jaundice and is home and happy now. I hope you are feeling better as well!

Hat's off to Vicki for my cute siggy, thank you!
January 12th, 2008, 07:45 PM
horseradishmayo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
thanks for sharing your story with us. i'm so glad you had a better birthing experience this time and that Lexie's jaundice cleared up. congrats on your beautiful baby girl!

Check out my etsy shop!
Crunchy Couture
use code JMMOMMY for free shipping in the US
January 14th, 2008, 06:34 PM
Carliegirl's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aw! What a great story! So cool! Hooray! You were so controlled and together. I hope I can be that cool headed! Awesome.

Thanks so much for the lovely siggie Trish (mtdk454)!!!!
<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wTRLvVI/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search