We pride ourselves on having the friendliest
and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment
for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers.
If you have any problems registering please drop an email to email@example.com.
Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!
Well as you all know due to contractions as preterm labor I had been on bedrest since thhe second week of November and the doctor been giving me shots to stop the contractions
When I turned 35 weeks they decided to stop giving me the shots....
On Monday Dec 17 I had my 36 week check up and everything seemed to be fine. I was put on the monitor for NST and they noticed that Tanya wasn't moving. After about 30 min they shocked her and nothing happen so they decide to do an ultrasound. The ultrasound showed the my fluids where low so off to the hospital I went.
DF got to the hospital at about 4:30 pm and at first the docots there where going to send me home, which I was wishing for. Once the hooked up the monitor and did another look see they got concernedbecause Tanya's heartrate would go down once in a while.
They decided to induce me. I wad 1 cm dilated and 80% effaced and she had dropped completely. The monitor show I was having contraction every 2 - 3 min and they where very strong lasting 30 sec to 1 min a piece, but I really couldn't feel them.
@ 6:00 pm they started the pitocin which wasnt that bad. @ 8 I hadnt dilated any more so they upped the pitocin. @ 12 they decided they wanted to help me dilated so after me and DF had a long talk about me beong forced to have her early we decided to go for it.
@ 2 am they placed the follie ball in to dilate my cervix, it was so painful. By 4 am I was 5 cm dilated and completely effaced. I was still having strong contractions. The doctor decided to upped the pitocinagain and gave me some medicine so that I could get some sleep.
@ 12 pm I had not dilated anymore so they broke my water.
Still not dilating but Tanya's heartrate ahad began to drop with almost every contaction so they gave me the oxygen mask.
@ they decided the need her to come immediately so they upped the pitocin to the max.
My labor was at a stand because I wasnt dilating at all by myself but Tanya wasnt doing weel so I decided to get an epidural @ 7:30pm
1 hour after the epidural I was 10 cm dilated and ready. My cousin and DF called in the nurse and because they could see Tanya's head. Once the doctor and nurse got the room together we started to push.
@ 9:22 pm on Dec 18 Tanya enter the world with a loud scream and a huge smile. It was the best day of my life.
Oh FYI the epidural never took affect as far as numbing me so I got a chance to feel everything but I do think it helped me dilate quicker. I did tear a little and got one stitch.
The doctor placed her on my chest while the cord was cut and allowed us to bond first. Then she weighed in at 6lbs 4.1 oz 16 3/4 in long. They cleaned her off a little and gave her to DF.
Tanya had a little jaundice and her nerves were under developed so she would shake a lot but she i fine now.