Jacob Peter

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 28th, 2008, 04:25 AM
~Devon~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to ~Devon~
Jacob Peter Kennyís Birth Story

I was due with Jacob on Wednesday January 23rd. At my drís appointment the Friday before I was 2cm dilated and 90% effaced. My dr swept my membranes and sent me on my way telling me that if I made it to my appointment the next Friday (the 25th) that we would schedule an induction. At my appointment on the 25th we went ahead and scheduled the induction. The earliest the hospital had an opening was Saturday February 2nd, almost 1 Ĺ weeks after my due date. I almost broke down right there in the drís office and cried. I held it together, thereís nothing I can do but go into labor on my own. At this appointment my dr. did sweep my membranes again.
Saturday the 26th I woke up and everything was normal. Hung out with the dog and eventually got in the shower around 12 as I was meeting a friend for lunch at 1pm. While in the shower I noticed that I had a lot thick mucous discharge. When I was done with my shower and drying off I started to wonder if my water was leaking. I really couldnít tell as it was possible I got water in my vagina while showering.
While at lunch with my friend I really started wondering if it was my water leaking as I could feel some trickles. I even told her that I thought I might be leaking water, lol.
When I got home I went to the bathroom, and noticed that my pants were wet. I had a panty liner on so for it to soak through the pad and my underwear I was pretty convinced I was leaking. I sat there on the toilet for a couple minutes debating whether or not to go to l & d. After dripping water drops I decided it was necessary to go. I called Mike and told him that I was going down to the hospital just to be checked, not to worry and that I would call him when I had an answer.
Once in triage when the nurse came to do the test she said she was pretty sure that I was leaking. She did the slide test (if your water is leaking they get a small sample, but it on a slide and under a microscope it looks like fern leaves) and it came back positive!! OMG, I was going to be having my baby soon!!!
I called DH and told him it was positive and that I would be staying. He said that he was at home, he was going to take a shower, grab our bags and head over. Meanwhile I was transferred to a delivery room. Mike got to the hospital around 4 or 4:30 Iím guessing. Once he got to the hospital the phone calls began. I called mom and dad, Grandma, Hayley and Danea. Mike called his parents but they were at church at the time.
I figured that I would get my epidural maybe around 5 cm. I actually did end up getting it between 5 and 6 cm which was around 5:30 or 6pm. I think mom and dad got there a little after I had the epidural. Dad got there around 8:30 and mom maybe 7:30 or 8. The epidural worked great and I no longer was in pain.
Jacobís heart rate and my contractions were being monitored the whole time by sensors on my belly. At a little after 9pm Jacobís heart rate dropped. The nurse came in and had mom and dad step out into the hallway to check my progress. She explained that the heart rate drops like this when the baby drops to a certain point. She proceeded to tell me that I was complete!! WHAT!! Iím already thinned and fully dilated? Wow, it was happening quickly!! I started pushing about 9:20. It wasnít as hard as I thought it would be. The only thing that got me was I started to get naseous during my 2nd and 3rd pushes. That hindered my 3rd push at times.
She got me to a certain point then had the dr called. He showed up maybe around 15 minutes later. He helped me push for awhile. I expressed my want to not have an episiotomy. The nurse had been helping stretch my vagina during my pushes. He said he only does them if they absolutely need to be done. (You know where this is going now!) The dr. did have to give me an episiotomy as I had already torn and he was afraid I was going to tear straight through.
At 10:48 pm on Saturday January 26th 2008 my son was born. Once his head was out the dr had to cut the cord because it was wrapped around his neck pretty tight. They then had me push out his shoulders and then the rest of him too. It was amazing!
I had them take him to wipe him off first. That is the one thing I wish I could go back and change. The feeling of hearing his cry for the first time is something I will never forget. It was absolutely amazing.
While the dr. was stitching me up Mike got to hold his son for the first time. That is after he had peed on the nurse 3 times! I had started to cry a little and seeing Daddy hold his son for the first time brought more tears to my eyes. Once I was done being stitched I held him for the first time. That I will never forget either.
Jacob weighed 8 lbs 8 ounces, measured 21 inches long, his head measured 14.6 inches which explains why they had to cut me. His apgar scores were 9/9. Over all a perfect healthy baby!!
January 28th, 2008, 04:52 AM
bostoncreampie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to bostoncreampie
yay! congrats!! im glad you're finally a mommy and that everything went smoothly. cant wait to see him!
January 28th, 2008, 06:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to MommaDucks Send a message via Yahoo to MommaDucks
Congrats!! I still am so glad you didnthave to wait until feb 2nd !!! Welcome Jacob!

Nicole: Tom's Wife [5.7.05]; Mommy of Thomas [9.6.05], Collin [1.17.08], & Bailey [10.2.09]
January 28th, 2008, 10:34 AM
spicymustard's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats!

January 31st, 2008, 08:30 AM
Alicia2008
Congrats! I am so glad that he came on his own and you didn't have to wait until the 2nd!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search