Introducing Liliana Josephine

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 28th, 2008, 10:12 AM
QueenCrafty's Avatar Courtney
I had my 39 week appointment on Friday the 18th and I was still only 1 cm dilated but had progressed to about 70% effaced. I had been having a few contractions that day but they were still pretty minor. My doctor stripped my membranes but said she didn't think that I was ready yet for labor. As soon as we got home after the appointment my contractions got a lot more intense. DH had a few errands that he needed to take care of so he called my mom to come over and sit with me while we timed contractions. As soon as she got here, the contractions started becoming unbearable and were about 3-4 minutes apart. I managed to sit around our house for almost 2 hours. DH called the doctor and said we were going to the hospital.

We got to triage around 6pm. (Side note- DH about strangled the woman at the check in because she was too busy answering the phone and doing other things to check me in while I was obviously in pain) Finally I got hooked up to the monitors but only lasted for about 15 minutes before I had to press the call button because I was feeling intense pain and pressure. The nurse checked me and I was 2cm and 100% effaced so they decided to admit me. My doctor told me to walk around for about 30 minutes while they got a room cleaned up for me. Me, DH, and MIL slowly walked around the halls and the contractions were pretty bad by that point so I had to stop about every 2 minutes to breathe. By that point, my idea of going natural went out the window and I was just waiting to get into my room so I could get drugs!!!

Finally the room was ready and they started the iv fluids. My parents and my MIL were in the room with us while we waited for the anesthesiologist. DH was trying to rub my back to be helpful but I had to push him off it hurt so bad. When the doctor came in for the epidural, it took her about 3 tries to actually get it in but it was heaven!! After it took, I was checked again and was at 4 cm and they broke my water. They figured it would take me a little while longer to fully dilate so my sister and a friend were hanging out in the room with me with everyone else out in the waiting room. My nurse came in to check me again because my contractions were becoming less regular but as it turned out I was at 10cm in no time.

At 11 pm, my doctor came in so I could start pushing. They brought in the mirror because I was pretty curious about what was going on and it kinda helped me with the pushing. It took about an hour of pushing before she was finally born. Liliana Josephine arrived at 12:10 am on Saturday the 19th. She was 7lbs 2.8 oz and 19.5 inches long. Everyone was impressed with how round her head was (no conehead for my baby!). It took about 20 minutes of stitching for me because of her round head. I ended up with a 2nd degree tear and several other tears but she's worth it.

We got home Monday night, and we've been working on breast feeding and just adjusting to our new life. My mom stayed with us the last few nights and we've had lots of visitors. Things will probably get back to normal this weekend.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search