Weston Vaughn

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 4th, 2008, 07:14 PM
4littleLadybugs's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to 4littleLadybugs
I have been super busy since Weston got here, but now am finally able to post his birth story.

Fiday Jan. 25th as I posted, I was having menstral type cramping in my lower back and pelvis that was wrapping around to the front of my belly. I had had my 38 week appt earlier that day and was checked. I was already 3 cm dialated and 80% effaced. Dr. said, "If you're still pregnant by Wednesday, then we'll have a baby then. That evening DF and I had gone to Wal-mart to get groceries and we had to leave because I was hurting pretty badly.

I got home and tried to make my salad that I had been craving all day, but couldn't even make it through it. I just went to bed around 9:00 pm thinking if I go to L&D they are just going to send me home because I was just having braxton hicks contractions from being checked.

At 3:00 am I woke up to regular menstral type cramps every 9-12 minutes that I couldn't any longer sleep through. I got online and posted again about them, but seriously thought that they weren't anything to get all worked up over, but I that I was going to call my doc just to make sure. I even posted I'd be back later, boy howdy was I wrong!! I got in the bath tub to soak and waited until my Dr.'s office opened.

I got to the hospital around 10:45 after we dropped off Addie at DF's grandma's house. They hooked me up and checked me. The first nurse was such a b*tch and after she checked me she said, "Well, you're still high, closed and thick. So we're probably just going to monitor you for a while and send you home." I said, "That can't be right. I was checked yesterday in office and was dialated 3cm and 80% effaced, and that's comming from my Dr." she said, "Well, I'll recheck you in a bit, after we monitor you." I was like, whatever. After about 15 minutes a different nurse came in and checked me, and sure enough she said, "Well you're about 3 1/2 cm, and 90% effaced. So we'll watch you for a little longer and we are waiting on the Dr. to call us back.

At 11:19 am the nurse walked back in with a bag full of IV fluids and said, "OK, we're going to section you at noon. I literally had 41 minutes to call everyone I know to let them know we were having a baby in a little over 1/2 and hour. Dr. Schlinke walked in and said I was in labor contarcting every 4-7 minutes and making progress so we had to do the section today. Weston didn't want to wait until the 30th. Dr. said, "This little guy wanted to pick his own birthday." DF frantically called my mom, who was going to be in the OR with me and DF, to let her know to hurry up and get there. She had to stop by our house to get the video camera, and my hospital bag because I'd left everything at home thinking I was comming home later. Then I called *louise* to let her know.

They started my IV, drew my blood and wheeled me and DF back. He put his little blue suite on and was waiting outside while they put my spinal in. THAT SUCKED!! I hate that electricity feeling down my legs. They laid me back and in comes DF. The music they had on in the OR was really loud. After about 10 minutes in came my mom, with the camera...My hero!! I started to feel way to numb. Your only supposed to feel it from you breast plate down. But, my arms, chest, even the back of my head was numb. It felt like I couldn't breathe. They had to stop and raise me up a bit so the medicine would move down. 5 minutes or so after that at 12:25 pm Weston Vaughn Tinsley came screaming into the world!! He weighed in at 8lbs 12oz and was 20 1/2 in long! The song playing on the radio was, "My Wish" by Rascal Flatts. I'll remember that until the day I die. One of the nurses said, "Awww, what a great song to be born to."

His head was wedged deep down in my pelvis (which isn't good because of my pelvic deformity) and while trying to dislodge it Weston took a great big breath of amniotic fluid. Causing the fluid filled lungs and the Pneumo Thorax (the air outside his lungs). Dr. held him up long enough for me to see him for a sec, and then he was off to the warmer. He was fat, purple, and had a bunch of brown hair. I said, "Oh, he so fat!" They had the NICU team come down and talk to me while the Dr. was tying my tubes. They told me that he was having trouble breathing, and they were going to take him for just a little while to watch him, but he should be back in our room by that evening. I didn't even get to hold him.

They finished sewing my up and took me back to my room where I waited and waited for news of my baby. Finally the Neonatologist came in to talk to DF and I around 2:30ish and told us how serious Weston was. I was devastated. He was under the oxygen hood, hooked up to monitors and had lines put in his umbillical cord because the 10 or so times they tried in his hands and feet didn't work. My mom and sister went down to see him, and DF did as well. I was still numb and couldn't go. I hated spinals at that point and time.

At 7:00 pm I had had enough and most of the spinal had worn off and I told the nurse to bring me a wheel chair that I was going to see my baby. My sister warned me about how he looked, and thought I should wait until the tubes came out. But I wanted to see him. He was already 7 hours old and I had seen him once. When I got to the NICU they showed us how to scrub in, and took me back to see him. He looked so pitiful. I wanted to hold him but I couldn't. The nurse in there was such a b*tch and told me not to touch him. But finally after 4 days in the NICU they said he was ready to go home, and my Dr. wanted to keep me one more day, but I insisted I just wanted to be at home. I finally got to hold Weston for the first time cord free on Jan 29th, the day we left. We had a looooooooong discharge "lecture" from the sweetest NICU nurse you'll ever meet, and she gave us a whole bunch of freebies and keep sakes, then took his picture. It was a crazy ride, one that I'll never forget and I'm just so happy he's finally here!!
February 4th, 2008, 08:51 PM
Patti hearts Braxton's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so glad he's HOME!!! That's funny that he picked his own birthday These February Babies sure have their own way of doing things LOL

February 4th, 2008, 09:21 PM
.:fearless:.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Jenna what a beautiful story! I got chills!!! Espcially with that song! I love that song so much!! I am so happy that things ended well for you and baby Weston!! He is a beautiful baby!!!
February 4th, 2008, 09:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
im so happy that he is ok now! and congrats on a beautiful baby!

<MARQUEE WIDTH="100%" BEHAVIOR="scroll" SCROLLAMOUNT="5" DIRECTION="left">[/url][/url</MARQUEE>
February 5th, 2008, 04:05 PM
belle67's Avatar Super Mommy
I am glad everyone is home and doing well! Congratulations!

February 6th, 2008, 12:55 AM
ndrcvrngl@excite.com's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to ndrcvrngl@excite.com
Oh, I'm glad things ended up good!
February 8th, 2008, 10:00 PM
Lacie R.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so glad that Weston is home safe and happy now!!! I can't imagine how hard it was not being able to touch your baby!!! NICU nurses, I've realized can be downright mean!

Congratulations on your beautiful baby boy!!! I'm sure it was all worth it in the end!
February 9th, 2008, 06:22 AM
jen*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congratulations on Weston!!! I'm glad things are good now and you are home with your little guy!
February 11th, 2008, 01:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
i am soo glad Weston is here!!
way to go mama~

i wish you a fast recovery so you can enjoy your new little man!

all the best!
May 21st, 2008, 03:32 PM
Jeeze, I re-read Weston's birthstaory and it seems like a million years ago!! Our babies are growing up, FAST!!
January 26th, 2009, 11:44 PM
Quote:
Jeeze, I re-read Weston's birthstaory and it seems like a million years ago!! Our babies are growing up, FAST!![/b]
I can't believe it's been a year, already!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search