Riley Evans and Reagan Elizabeth

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 9th, 2008, 09:13 PM
kwilder's Avatar Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to kwilder
I went in for my 2nd appointment of the week on Thursday March 6, 2008. I was 34 weeks and 1 day. I had been sick since Monday with strep throat. The day started out with the normal NST. During the NST one of the babies had a deceleration in her heart rate again. The nurse tracked for another 1/2 hour or so and sent me up for my biophysical profile. During the BPP the u/s tech metioned that the babies were not as active as they had been. I confirmed that I had noticed this too. The last two days I did not have much spontaneous movement. I could get them to move if I pushed around and stuff, but not much on their own. Next, I went to a room to see the dr. He looked concerned over the NST strips and mentioned that there were several other dips in heart rate on the strip that the nurse had not told me about- some associated with contractions. He sent me over for a contraction stress test. This was put to a screetching hault when after the first two contrations we saw MAJOR heart decels.

I was sent over to pre-op to get ready for a c-section. It was 11:30 and the section was scheduled for 2:00. My Dh and I were supposed to close on our buy and sell of our houses at 3:00 that day. Immediately my Dh got on the phone and the attorney met me in the pre-op area to sign papers. I guess there is always a first.

Shortly after, I was take to surgery. Riley Evans was born at 2:04 weighing 4lbs 2 oz. Reagan Elizabeth was born at 2:05 weighing 3lbs 10 oz. They both had good apgars but were taken immediately to NICU. They both were put on cpap. Riley only needed for the forced air (no extra oxygen) and Reagan need 25% oxygen.

They were both taken of cpap and were on room air only by Friday. They are off all tubes, IVs, etc. They will be under the lights for a few days and need to gain weight. They have to feed 40 ml's before they can leave the hospital. We expect to only be here another 7 days or so.

www.sevenwilders.blogspot.com
March 9th, 2008, 10:48 PM
jentanne
Sounds like all three of you are doing well. I am glad your doctor was keeping such a good eye on you!! Congrats on your beautiful girls!!!
March 9th, 2008, 11:05 PM
Mommy2Amara&Kayori's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to Mommy2Amara&Kayori
I am glad your doctor paid good attention to everything. Congrats on your 2 little girls!!!

Expecting our 3rd bundle of joy!

March 10th, 2008, 07:22 AM
tanya74's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats! That's great that they are doing so well and will be able to come home soon!

March 10th, 2008, 07:53 AM
4boys
Congrats!! I'm so glad they are doing so well and will be able to come home soon!
March 10th, 2008, 08:45 AM
jillylicious's Avatar mom always liked you best
Congrats hon, I'm glad they'll be home soon!
March 10th, 2008, 06:12 PM
Momoftriplets08's Avatar Veteran
Congratulations on your twins!!! Sounds like they are doing wonderfully. I"m having my triplets tomorrow at 36 weeks and my original edd was in April too.

36 weeker take home babies!!!
March 10th, 2008, 06:47 PM
ladyellise's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to ladyellise
AWww congrats hun! I am glad they are doing well keep us updated!
<div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div><div align="center"></div>
March 11th, 2008, 12:17 PM
Tonya_Ashlyn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What a great story! I am so glad that they are doing good!
March 11th, 2008, 05:14 PM
WantTY3's Avatar Veteran
Congratulations!! I can not wait to see pics!! Take care and keep us posted.
March 12th, 2008, 10:25 AM
amylynne01's Avatar One happy mama
Popping in from the Dec 07 playroom...

The same thing happened to me when I had Elise. I was induced on the day that my hubby and I were supposed to close on our new house! Just like you, they came to the hospital for us to sign. It will be quite a story to tell our little ones!

Congrats on the twins. Hope they come home soon!
March 16th, 2008, 08:13 AM
TallyGirl22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats hun!!!

Happy 5th Birthday to my princess Elizabeth!

[/CENTER]
March 18th, 2008, 04:31 PM
Celeste1576's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What an amazing story.... How are the babies? Looking for updates.

Wish I could post pictures, will hopefully upload some soon.
March 21st, 2008, 05:27 AM
Bermuda Girl's Avatar Andrea Jack & Olive's mom
Wow Kristy - those little girls really wanted to make their appearance that day. Congrats on the babies....and the new house!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search