Cade Lucas

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 16th, 2008, 05:27 PM
Christa~ SuperMom to Cade
As most of you know, I’d had a check up & ultrasound on Friday, March 7th in which my doctor decided that I’d have to have a c-section. Cade was still breech, his head under my right rib cage and his butt to my cervix. The position and fact that he’d been in that position for practically the entire time led my doc to believe that there would be no turning. So he told me to hold on, that his assistant would call the following week to schedule a c-section, and we’d shoot for a week before his due date. I felt good about everything, even went through pre-admissions that day!

Friday and Saturday, I was completely exhausted as usual, but we were snowed in, so I didn’t mind being lazy & doing nothing!

Sunday, I woke up and again, more snow. We decided to stay home from church & just relax. I sent hubby to the grocery store & I just felt like I should be doing SOMETHING! So I finished a quilt that I’d been working on throughout my entire pregnancy and placed it on the diaper bag (I’d always planned to take it to the hospital with us for pictures, and finally finished it!) I made a basket liner for my sis-in-law’s basket that contained her baby shower gift. I did about 5 loads of laundry, which usually takes me at least 2 days, if not 3. I made dinner (can’t remember what we had) and then I made a cookie cake! (my version of cookie bars… oatmeal/chocloate chip spread out in a pan)

I was worn out so I did end up going to bed a little early Sunday night, about 10:00 p.m., but laid & re-read the end of “Girlfriend’s Guide to Pregnancy”… wanted to get all the details of the birthing process & c-sections, LOL. Turned the light off at 11:00. Slept until Derek came to bed, at around midnight.

When he came to bed, I kept feeling like I “should” get up, but I didn’t want to. Finally I talked myself into going to pee. So I got up and suddenly thought I was peeing on myself… (not out of the relm of possibilities, I’ve done it before!) When I pulled my panties down at the toilet, I felt it running down my leg. Surely this wasn’t urine! I wiped it from my leg & smelled it… nothing. I peed and thought I was done, but when I got up, here it come again! It wasn’t a gush, but a steady stream of liquid and I was changing my SUPER pad every 20 minutes or so for about an hour. I called L&D and they said they’d feel better to check & make sure it wasn’t my water, but it sounded like it was.

We went to L&D and spent about 20 minutes just looking for it, LOL. We’d never been up to L&D and the hospital is so confusing, we were all over the place before someone finally led us to the doors. So I stood there, wet pad, feeling just fine, no contractions, nothing. They weighed me, sent me into a room & had me strip down.

They did some sort of test to make sure it was my water and sure enough, it was. Since Cade was breech, they needed to get him out of there asap. I think I went in to L&D at about 1:30, so he was out within 2 hours. My doctor came in & assured me that everything would be fine, Cade would be fine, and it would all be over soon. They kept telling me not to worry if they had to rush him to NICU, but how could I NOT worry?

I had called my mom as we left the house (she was 3 hours away for work)… I wanted her to be there before I went in to surgery but it just happened too fast. She was there when I came into the recovery room… I don’t even want to know how fast she drove!!!

So into surgery I go (after being poked & prodded & stuck with needles & IVs)… My husband couldn’t be there until I was ready for surgery so I had to get the spinal block without him being there and I was SCARED TO DEATH!!! It was a huge cold room, people standing around watching as I crawl over onto the surgical board from my bed (as I'm still leaking) and then they did the spinal block. All of the doctors and surgical team were awesome… one guy helped hold me down, LOL, as they did the block and walked me through everything. So finally I get laid back, going numb, and they let hubby come in. I was scared to death but felt so much better seeing him there!

The surgery began. It seemed like forever but they had him out within 5 minutes. Derek stood up and watched as they pulled him out. He cried immediately and I balled! I knew he'd be okay when I heard that sound. I have never heard a more beautiful sound! I am crying just thinking about it!

He was born at 3:42 a.m. on March 10th. Weighed 6 pounds 4 ounces and was 17.5 inches long.

So Derek went with Cade to get cleaned up – I just got to see him for a second. My doctor closed me up, only took another 20 minutes or so. By that time, I was shaking to death! They said it was from the spinal block meds and it would wear off in a few hours.

They wheeled me into recovery & I almost immediately got to see my baby boy. In walks Derek & the nurse with Cade. All wrapped up, swollen, beautiful!

As soon as I got him in my arms, the nurses were helping me to breast feed. I couldn’t believe how this tiny little thing already knew what to do! It was amazing and such a surreal moment! He was so tiny and helpless, but I could feel so much love for him already!

So that is my story. I am just so happy to be a mommy finally. He was 4 weeks early, but he was healthy and able to come home with me after a 2 night stay. He is doing wonderful, after we got his feedings down, he eats & sleeps for 3-4 hours. He is such a good baby, so beautiful, so precious!
March 16th, 2008, 05:45 PM
TallyGirl22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
WOW! What a story Christa! I'm so glad you & baby Cade are doing so well!!

Happy 5th Birthday to my princess Elizabeth!

[/CENTER]
March 16th, 2008, 05:49 PM
Julka
What a beautiful story, Christa! I am glad Cade is doing so very well for being born 4 weeks early. Enjoy your precious little guy!
March 16th, 2008, 05:52 PM
CAS416's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Congrats on Cade, Christa! It seems like you had a good birthing experience!

I'm glad you and him are adjusting well.

March 16th, 2008, 05:57 PM
kristina928's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to kristina928
Congratulations!! Your story is great!! Enjoy your new baby!!

March 16th, 2008, 06:52 PM
dream2bemommy22's Avatar and baby makes 5
im glad mommy and baby are doing so good!! Your story gave me goosebumps!! Congrats on your baby boy!
March 16th, 2008, 06:54 PM
Tonya_Ashlyn's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Wow what a nice story! That is very exciting and I can't wait to read more as more babies r born. =)
March 16th, 2008, 07:17 PM
leahmariv's Avatar Super Mommy
what a great story. thank you for sharing
March 16th, 2008, 07:53 PM
Bermuda Girl's Avatar Andrea Jack & Olive's mom
Thanks for sharing your wonderful story.
March 16th, 2008, 08:00 PM
Ditzzy's Avatar Stupid Lamb;)
Send a message via Yahoo to Ditzzy
Thanks for sharing Christa. And congrats on your beautiful baby boy!

Thank you, tasha_mae, for my siggy!
March 16th, 2008, 08:22 PM
Coffee_Bean's Avatar Cuz I got it like that!
Send a message via Yahoo to Coffee_Bean
Thanks for sharing hun!! Great story!!

Patiently TTC#2

M/C April 2012
M/C August 2012
M/C March 2013
M/C January 2014
March 16th, 2008, 08:25 PM
paganmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
What a great story Christa! Congrats to you and your husband on the birth of your little boy!

</div>
March 17th, 2008, 05:48 AM
Mummy2R
what a lovely birth story! Seemed like a nice easy delivery. Congrats Christa!
March 17th, 2008, 05:59 AM
quietsong's Avatar Just Another Slacker Mom
Send a message via MSN to quietsong
Aw, Christa! Thanks for sharing. I'm sorry your DH wasn't able to be there for your spinal block, but at least he was able to be there for Cade's birth and to support you. And I'm SO glad Cade is doing so well!

Visit My Blog, and come join me at the JM Blogs!
Thank you Jaidynsmum for the siggy!
March 17th, 2008, 06:53 AM
jentanne
Congrats!!! That is crazy how you just got everything finished the night before, lol. I am so glad he was able to go home with you!!
March 17th, 2008, 07:28 AM
tanya74's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's a great birth story Christa! Congratulations!

March 17th, 2008, 09:02 AM
Veteran
wow, thats great....congrats!!!
March 17th, 2008, 09:55 AM
Super Mommy
Yay - so glad everything went well!!

March 17th, 2008, 10:04 AM
KandA0418's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
what a wonderful story!!!!!!! and he's beautiful for sure!

[/URL]
March 18th, 2008, 03:40 PM
Celeste1576's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This is such a wonderful story and I am so glad that Cade is doing so well and so are you!

Wish I could post pictures, will hopefully upload some soon.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search