Alexanderia Aurora's Birth Story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To 2008 Birth Stories LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 26th, 2008, 08:34 PM
Celeste1576's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Easter day I told Andy I just didn't feel right and I knew that Alexa would be here tomorrow. I told my mother the same thing. When we got back from dinner with my Mom and I called Labor and Delivery.

I got down there they opened me up, checked that the fluid wasn't amniotic and said my uterus was still long (not ready for delivery, it shortens up and moves down for delivery) maybe 20% effaced and very high. The fluid wasn't amniotic and that I would most likely go home but he was going to do an ultrasound to check the fluid, when he did that the fluid was only at a 4 so he said that it looks like I was being induced. That was around 6pm and they put the Cervadil in the uterus around 7:30 and told Andy they would take that out and start the pytocin at 7:30am the next day.

Insert Drama with my son not wanting to leave. I am pretty sure he thought I would have her in like five minutes. I told her the baby wasn't coming until tomorrow so he went and slept over Grandmas and Andy went home to take care of the dogs and Grampa. I slept the best I could with a thousand monitors on me.

The following day they came in at 6:30 and took out the cervadil the doc checked and said there was little change and so they started pytocin. I cried because they said they would start it at 7:30. LOL They told me that around 10 they would break my water if it didn't break on it's own.... Well at 8:30am my doctor came in and checked and said, "she is 4cm already and 90% effaced, I am goin to break your water now." So they did and it was so weird, people tell me that it is painful but it really wasn't. I continued to labor until 10:30 and I stood the entire time. It was very painful and I finally asked for the epidural. It didn't hurt like last time but it didn't work that well. First of all the first time he hit a vein and that made me feel very high and drugged, I was feeling loopy and couldn't cough, at times felt like I couldn't breathe well. The second time when they put it back in, it kept getting jammed and the meds were not coming to me. Then they forgot to give me the button to get more meds. The doc came in to check me and went off to do C-Section saying I was just eight. By 11-11:30 I told them I had to push, I explained the feeling and I told them I was trying not to push. The pain was intense because the contractions weren't stopping. OW OW OW OW and the epidural was working for #####. So at this point I am breathing through the contractions the best I can and it takes them until 12:45 to get the doctor there.

They told me at 11 her heart kept decelerating and they needed to get her out quickly, if I couldn't push hard enough and fast enough they were going to go in and suction her out. YOU WILL NOT SUCTION MY BABY YOU, well you get the idea. It was either that or a c-section so I was scared. They asked me if I wanted to do a practice push and I was afraid with out the doctor. At around 12:45 he showed up and I had her out at 1:01 pm. I remember when her heartrate would drop he said some things like, "We are going to loose IQ points if you don't push harder." I wasn't offended it kept me focused, but it hurt like hell because again, NO MEDS!!!! Because they wanted me to get her out so fast.

She was nice and came out face down. She squeeked a bit and they cleaned her up and I put her to breast with in minutes. Then the intern stitched me up saying I should be fine with the meds I had left in me. UH NO! I felt the needle enter, same thing happened with Brandon. I had a small tear but nothing too bad.

She came out into this world, the umbilical cord was kinked against her belly, if I had not gotten her out when I did or gone to the hospital on Sunday, it may very well be a sad story I was writing for you today. It was funny though because, I pooped on the table, a lot. LOL That is pay back for them not giving a "#####" (pun intended) about my tummy troubles I had no control, as the contractions were happening it was pushing it out. I think her nose was against the bowels. LOL They cleaned it up quickly and told me not to worry about it.

I felt better now that I crapped on the doctor. I think it was a fitting end to the pregnancy....

Oh and Brandon saw her come out and thought it was cool. He was great through the entire process. She took to breast right away and is having trouble with latching but she is only two days old. She is getting her milk but it is very painful. We are working on the latch. It took my son a week to get it right despite all the tricks I was taught. LOL

Wish I could post pictures, will hopefully upload some soon.
March 26th, 2008, 08:54 PM
4boys
Ha ha ha, a fitting end to the pregnancy! That is funny! Congrats on your baby girl, Celeste! Hope the latching issue resolves itself quickly.
March 26th, 2008, 09:03 PM
paganmom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
*LOL* I was dying laughing about you pooping on the doc! Like mother, like daughter!

Congrats on a good delivery and a healthy baby!

</div>
March 27th, 2008, 06:37 AM
tanya74's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Congrats Celeste!

March 27th, 2008, 07:20 AM
KandA0418's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
awww i'm soo glad shes here with you!!! brandon looks soo cute with his lil sister! congrats mama

[/URL]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search