~ PASTA ~

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Moms of Girls Cookbook LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 26th, 2007, 12:58 PM
ragmama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Let's post all of our pasta recipes here!

I'll add an index in this top post as entries are added so we won't have to scroll through the whole thread to find what we're looking for.
November 26th, 2007, 07:33 PM
ragmama's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
CREAMY SPINACH PASTA

Ingredients:
- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced (I use minced garlic from a jar.)
- 3 Tbsp. chopped onion (Again, I used minced onion from a jar.)
- 3/4 lb. fresh or frozen spinach, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1 lb. green or white fettucinni noodles
- 1 1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- pepper (to taste)

In a medium-sized skillet, melt half the butter and add the garlic and onion. Cook until golden but not browned. Add the spinach and partially cover the pan until the spinach is heated through.

Meanwhile, cook the noodles according to the package directions. Drain the pasta and return it to the pot. Toss it with the remaining butter, the spinach mixture, cheese, and cream until all are blended and heated through.

Makes 6 servings.

I got this one from FamilyFun.com...it doesn't look quite right while you're working on it, but it is SO good! The sauce is almost like alfredo. DH is so picky about veggies, but he scarfed this one down, had seconds and asked for it again. I grilled chicken, cut it into cubes and put it in the pot with the pasta to make it more of a meal. Enjoy!
February 7th, 2008, 11:02 AM
excitedmommy2007's Avatar Conservative in Exile
Spinach-artichoke tortellini
from Rachel Ray

1 10-oz box frozen spinach
2 tablespoons EVOO (extra-virgin olive oil), twice around the pan
1 tablespoon unsalted butter (I omitted this)
3 garlic cloves, chopped
1 small onion, peeled and halved
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 cup chicken stock
1 cup heavy cream (I found 2% milk worked just fine)
1/8 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg (eyeball it)
1 14 ounce can artichoke hearts in water, drained and chopped (I used the frozen ones from Trader Joes)
A couple handfuls grated Parmigiano-Reggiano or Pecorino Romano cheese
Salt and black pepper
1 pound cheese tortellini or flavored tortellini, such as wild mushroom

Bring a large pot of water to a boil to cook the pasta. Microwave the
spinach on high for 6 minutes to defrost.

Heat a deep skillet over medium heat with the EVOO and butter. When the butter melts and is hot, add the garlic. Using a box grater, grate the onion directly into the skillet. Saute the onions and garlic for 5 minutes. Sprinkle the flour into the skillet and cook for 1 minute. Whisk in the stock, then the cream, and bring the sauce to a boil.
Season the sauce with nutmeg and reduce the heat to low.
Place the defrosted spinach in a clean kitchen towel and wring it dry. Separate it as you add it to the sauce. Stir in the chopped artichokes and a couple handfuls of cheese, then season the spinach-artichoke sauce with salt and pepper.
Salt the boiling water and cook the tortellini according to the package directions, about 3-5 minutes. Drain it well and toss with the spinach artichoke sauce. Serve immediately.

April 6th, 2008, 07:26 AM
Mountain~Mama's Avatar ThePastHasNoPowerOverMe
GOLDEN BAKED MACARONI AND CHEESE

¼ cup butter
¼ cup flour
3 cups milk
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon dry mustard
¼ teaspoon pepper
1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
½ package (8 oz.) bite sized macaroni
1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
bread crumbs

Melt the butter in a large saucepan. Blend in flour and gradually add the milk, stirring constantly; add the seasonings. Cook until the sauce is thickened.
Add one cup grated cheddar cheese and stir until melted. Cook macaroni as directed, drain, and add to cheese sauce and mix well. Turn the mixture into an 8-inch square baking dish or pan. Sprinkle the top with 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese and breadcrumbs.

Bake in a 375°F oven for about 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and place under the broiler until the cheese is bubbly and lightly browned. Serves 6-8.

April 6th, 2008, 07:35 AM
Mountain~Mama's Avatar ThePastHasNoPowerOverMe
LOW FAT SPINACH LASAGNA

1 sm. mozzarella cheese
2 (15 oz.) stewed tomatoes
1 (8 oz.) can tomato sauce
1 bunch spinach (washed & broken)
1/2 box lasagna noodles, cooked
1 (16 oz.) fat free cottage cheese
1 (16 oz.) fat free ricotta cheese
2 egg whites
1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning

Mix together in a bowl: cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, egg whites and Italian seasoning. Spray 9 x 13 inch pan with Pam and layer. Dot each layer with grated low fat mozzarella cheese. Save some for top. Bake on roast in microwave for 25 minutes. No salt in recipe, add salt and pepper to taste. Extra sauce can be added to top. Sauce can also be made with fresh tomatoes, bell pepper and onion simmered for 1 hour. 4 grams of fat per dish - less than 1 gram of fat per serving.
January 31st, 2009, 05:35 PM
twingirls52905's Avatar loving my new baby boy
Send a message via Yahoo to twingirls52905
Lasagna Roll-ups

1 lb. ground beef
1 26-28 oz jar spaghetti sauce
1 egg, slightly beaten
1 c. ricotta cheese (8oz)
1/2 c. grated Parmesan cheese
9 lasagna noodles, cooked, drained
2 c. shredded mozzarella cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Brown meat in skillet; drain. Combine with 1/2 of spaghetti sauce. Set remaining sauce aside for later use. Mix egg, ricotta cheese and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Spread each noodle with 2 heaping tablespoons of ricotta cheese mixture. Top evenly with 1/4 cup meat mixture and 2 heaping table spoons mozzarella cheese. Roll up each noodle. Place in greased 11x14 baking dish. Pour remaining sacue over noodles. Sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan and mozzarella cheeses; cover with foil. Bake 45 minutes or until bubbly.

**I doubled the ricotta cheese mixture b/c I like lots** This is so good and tastes so much better thn regular lasagna to me!

January 31st, 2009, 06:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
yummy

kinda sounds like the way stuffed shells would be made!

Thank you Brittany for my very pretty siggy!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search