My success story

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTCAL Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 2nd, 2008, 03:11 AM
*Pamela*
Most of you knew me as Alex and Ethanael's mommy but left after I said something mean to a very dear member here. I came back and apologized and have been made to feel so welcome after that. Thanks to all you ladies!

For those of you who don't know my story.......

My hubby and I have a 13 year old and a 34 month old toddler. We were expecting our 3rd child to be born on Feb 25, 2008. It only took us 2 cycles of trying and we were over the moon. Everything was looking fabulous, we saw the baby's heart beating at 7 +3 weeks along and all look normal. I started to relax as I had read that once you see the heartbeat, your chances of mc are only 10% (don't know how accurate that figure is) Anyway, we were sailing through until at 10+2 I started bleeding bright red blood with clots. It was after hours so I just waited till morning to phone my doctor. They got me in first thing and did an ultrasound. I remember seeing the baby on the monitor and her measuring the baby at only 9+3 weeks and then she said......But I don't see a heartbeat. I remember breaking down on the table as soon as I heard that. She went to get my doctor who took a look as well and scared us into choosing a D and C right away.

It took us long long time to heal and I still feel as thought I'm continuing to heal. We named our angel Morgan because it fit a boy and girl, although I always felt we were having another boy. We got the ok to start again after 3 cycles but we started after the first cycle. We tried everything we could without having to go to a doctor. Then I thought something must be wrong and decided that I would like some testing. However, living in the UK, they have specific protocols for fertility assistance. The biggest is your weight. I weighed almost 300 pounds before moving here and somehow managed to get to 260 pounds as of April 2007. Didn't take it seriously until Oct and managed to lose over 70 since April 2007.

At the end of Jan 2008, I told my hubby that it was time to stop trying. I needed to reach my goal weight before we tried to have a baby. I wanted to be completely healthy. So we stopped charting, temping, counting days, testing, holding hips up forever after the bd.

I still took notice of cm to at least know when to expect af and thought I had o'd around March 6. We were due to go on Easter holiday and was so hoping I wouldn't have af with me. We got to the 19th with no af and I figured that I must have o'd later so I just let it go and didn't buy a hpt. Still nothing on the 20th. We ended up canceling our holiday due to poor weather and went shopping on the 21st, still no af, so I decided to buy a hpt. I tested as soon as we got home and the postive came up instantly.

By now, I was completely overjoyed, but confused. I went back and tried to calculate my cycles by averaging them out and I should have o'd on the 10th of March and with my cycles, I was given a Dec 1st due date. Thing is, I can't even remember us doing the dance near the 10th.....but we didn't care, we were blessed. We got the postive hpt the day before our 5th anniversary and the weekend of Easter!!!! We were just blown away by this wonderful gift.....even though the numbers weren't adding up. We decided to abstain because we were so worried about losing another baby and didn't want anything to happen. I know that's silly but that's just how we are.

It took forever to get my booking in apt and then finally got my letter for my first scan....May 21st. Talk about counting down the days. Everything is going pretty good, I still worry constantly and really can't wait to get out of the first trimester. But then we got a scare on the 30th of April with some spotting. It wasn't dark and it was the only time but I was so scared I was losing the baby again. I called my midwife and she got me scheduled for a scan but it wouldn't be until the next day.

I was so nervous going to the hospital and then the wait. The nurses there were so kind and compassionate. I finally got the scan and there was our baby bean and a very strong heartbeat. I just started crying and my hubby was just clenching my hand. Ethanael was with us and he just kept yelling baby in mummy's tummy and giggling. It was so wonderful. She gave us 2 pics and then sent us back to the main nurse. The nurse asked for our dating sheet and we weren't given one so she had to go and get it. When she read it off, she said we were 9+6!!!!! For my due date, I was only 9+2 so I was so happy to learn I was already past the day that Morgan stopped growing and only 3 days to get past when I started bleeding with Morgan. So today, we are 10 weeks along!!!!! I won't be going for the May 21 scan and that's ok, I did want to keep it but since everything is good now, I don't want to waste money on the NHS. If I do have any other problems, they will get me in again and I'm happy with that.

So now our due date is November 28, I know it's only 4 days, but that's almost a week to me to get past my mc timeline.

This board has always given me hope. So many people in the flesh have told me....see, as soon as you stop trying you get pregnant. I believe that is the case for us, however, that doesn't go for everyone. I can't tell you how many times I could say I wouldn't try but no matter how hard you try, it's always on your mind. I feel that all of us will get those bfp's wether you are trying or not.

If you have gotten to this point, thanks so much for taking the time out to read and I hope that my success story gives you hope as the other success stories I read gave me hope

God bless!
May 6th, 2008, 09:20 AM
..Jessica..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Loved every minute & word of that!!!

I definitely agree, when you stop trying you get pregnant.

I'm still, so very happy for you Pam!!!

When is your BIG U/S? We need to know what that baby is! Although, I already know that it's a GIRL!

May 6th, 2008, 10:41 AM
*Pamela*
You're too cute Jessica!!! I'm leaning towards a girl myself because I have had so much morning sickness (bring it on, I say) and I never had any morning sickness with my 3 other pregnancies. But then I have to remind myself that every pregnancy is different.

The big US should be sometime during the last week of June. I can't wait!
May 6th, 2008, 10:42 AM
..Jessica..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Can you do me a favour and GO GET SOME TICKERS!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search