My Update

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTCAL Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 2nd, 2008, 03:39 AM
*Pamela*
Sorry again that I have been MIA. I needed a break from JM and some other things. I've turned into a tissue paper color analyzer everytime I go to the bathroom. I get worried everytime I wipe and of course when you are pregnant, that's a lot.

Things have been going great. Had my booking in apt on the 13th of April and she put Dec 1 as my due date. I requested to have my dating scan after the 12 weeks becasue of what we went through last time. So I get my dating scan on May 21. I had been counting down the days.

Then on the 30th of April I had some bleeding. Not bright red but scary to me. I didn't sleep at all and called my midwife first thing. She got me in for a scan on May 1 and I didn't sleep that night either. My stomach was in knots and I was trying so hard not to worry. The first thing that went through my mind was if it happened again, I didn't want to try for another baby. Then I thought of the stuff I bought already. (I'll let you know down below what I have bought)

So I was a bundle of nerves yesterday waiting for the apt and then of course waiting in the hospital. The staff was so wonderful and compassionate. Finally got to go back to the scan (well before my apt time) and silly me was more worried about them seeing anything through all my tummy skin with the transabdominal scan. Anyway, she found our baby straight away and turned the monitor so I could see and right there pounding like crazy was the heartbeat!!!! I started crying and hubby was clenching my hand and Ethanael just kept hollering, baby in mummy's tummy and giggling. It was all so sweet.

She gave us 2 pictures and I just felt such a big weight off my shoulders. I still worry, but know I will relax more after the first trimester ends. After that, we went back to the nurse and she said that the NHS will cancel my May 21st scan but if anything comes up to ring them and they will get me in again.

The best part is......as of today.....I am 10 weeks!!!!!! So close to being into the second trimester.

I have found out that I will give birth at the Royal Infirmary and will probably be in a shared room because I have to have an IV during labor due to gbs. My midwife said it will be the most unpersonal care, but you will be taken care of. This is due to staff shortages so it is understandable. I just hope I remember that when I go into labor. It's also very different here, the hospitals don't provide anything for the mum or baby. So I have to take everything included maternity pads, diapers, tshirts, clothing for both me and babe, and even my own towels! But I guess that's how they keep costs down. I'm going to need a huge suitcase though. Also, there is no mandatory length of stay here so I could be home the very same day. Both ways have their pros and cons and as long as I have a healthy baby, that is all that matters.

So this is what I have so far for the baby.....

Silver Cross Classic Pram w/sleepover stand
Silver Cross Ventura baby seat in Apollo (had to buy now as it is disc. & new 1 won't fit)
Babies R Us Love my Bear snowsuit and hat and mittens set
Aquarium bath tub
Tommee Tippee bottle sterilizer
Adorable first Christmas outfit and little reindeer socks 5 for the set
about 3 months worth of diapers (sale 2 for 6, could't pass that deal up)
and some of Ethanael's sleepers from when he was a baby

We're going to keep the baby in our room for the first 6 months and then put the baby in Ethanael's room after that. He was all for it and then one day I said we'll make sure we keep these curtains up and he just yelled, no no, my curtains and then said no baby in my room. Now he's better about it but it was funny.

I'm not on the computer that much, I'm trying to get away from it. But I will check in with you all
May 2nd, 2008, 07:36 AM
jademyst13's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad things are going so great!
May 5th, 2008, 05:05 PM
..Jessica..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sooooooooooo happy for you Pam!!!!!!! You have NO idea!!!!!!!!

I'm so glad you're back!!! I noticed a while ago that you were gone, and had no way to contact you!!!

You better keep us updated!!!

May 6th, 2008, 04:52 AM
*Pamela*
Jessica, it was so hard to leave but I needed it at the time, just a break. I was in the Dec due date club and so many have joined here. It is so sad and scary at the same time. I don't go to the due date clubs anymore, it's just so difficult to get close to the girls and then to see them come here.

We're still in shock that we're actually expecting. I was so happy to see our baby last week!!!! He or she is so so cute and I can't wait to see our baby again. That won't happen until I'm about 18 weeks though so looks to be at the end of June. So it's much better to say....next month!!!

I have checked back time to time to see if you got your positive yet. Is it just one month left for your bcp? I'm so excited for you to finally get to that time.

I will keep you posted and I'll be checking for your posts as well. Missed chatting with you.
May 6th, 2008, 09:10 AM
..Jessica..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so glad you came back!!!! I actually went searching for you in the DDC and you were gone. I think this was around the same time that you left on your break!

I've got 3 packs of BCP left! Ugh! I know!!! I'll get my BFP soon though! Brandi says I'll have a March 2009 baby girl! So we'll see!!!

You're definitely going to be expecting at 18 weeks, 20 weeks, 28 weeks, and 38 weeks! I can't wait to hear what you're having!!! I'm betting that it's a GIRL!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search