Nikki's Success Stories

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTCAL Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 3rd, 2008, 02:57 PM
~*Kixs*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi ladies! I have not posted here in a while but I thought I would come and share my TWO sucess stories

I lost my 1st angel (Rebecca Lynn) at the 6w mark on 7/31/04. DH and I were newly weds and had been TTC for 5 months before we got pg with her. I call her a her b/c that is just the feeling I got. I was able to have a natural m/c at home and did not need a D&C. Thank God for little blessing.

We took one month off from TTC to give our hearts and my body time to heal. I had planned on waiting longer but I just had that feeling we should try. So DH and I talked about it and we got pg with Kaylie Ann on 9/30/04...she was born a beautiful full term baby 6/13/05. I did learn that I had a progesterone issue (it was very low) so I was on the progesterone pill for the 1st 12w of my pregnancy with her.

Today Kaylie is a busy silly wonderful 3 year old. Every day she fills my heart with happiness. While I still think about my 1st angel I understand that God needed her more than I did. And if I had not lost her than I would not have Kaylie. I could never choose between my children but I know God made the choice for me for a reason. I am so blessed to have her in my life.

DH and I started trying to give Kaylie a sibling in March 2007. 2007 ended up being a very hard year for us. I lost my second angel (babygoose...Kaylie named it) in May 2007 again at the 6w mark. I was on progesterone with this angel but all my beta draws came back very low. I was able to have another natual m/c at home and needed no D&C. Again we waited till we felt the time was right and started TTC again.

I became pregnant again in September 2007. All my labs came back great and I was on progesterone again. At the end of September I had a bad feeling and prayed for God to send me something to let me know if this baby was for our arms. Later that day I began to bleed bright red. I waited the weekend to see if it would stop and on Monday morning went to the doctors thinking I was m/c again. Sono showed that my baby was in my right tube...ectopic!

Tuesday 10/2/07 I went into surgery knowing that I would no longer be pregnant when I came out. I was crushed knowing that my child would not live and that I was making the choice to end it's life and save my own. When I came out of surgery I found out that I had also lost my right tube and had some internal bleeding but I would be ok. I cried. I missed my baby and the thought of having only one tube and that causing an issue TTC scared me. Less than 20 minutes after receiving that news my doctor told my DH that he had biopsied the sac removed from me and there was NO fetal tissue present. My doctor knew how horrible I felt about having the surgery and killing my child...so he took it upon himself to do the biopsy. I cried tears of joy when DH told me that. God knew that my baby would not have survived so He kept it in Heaven and never even let it grow in my body. Again, thank God for small blessings.

My doctor told me to wait 1-3 cycles before TTC again. DH and I planned to wait longer. My heart was so broken I did not even want to TTC anymore. I knew I wanted more children at some point but that point was a long way out in my book.

DH and I practice NFP but after my ectpoic I did not start charting again. I just did not care. DTD was the last thing on my mind. Infact DH and I did not even DTD until my birthday (11/12). Well six weeks after my surgery AF had not returned and I called the doctor and he said to give it a while longer. 8 weeks after my surgery AF had not returned so again I called my doctor. This was the Monday after Thanksgiving. I had heard about a shot that would jump start your cycle and I asked about it. My doctor said he would be fine to give it to me but required I have a negitive blood pregnancy test 1st. So I rolled up my sleeve and the nurse took a tube of blood.

The Wednesday after Thanksgiving I got a call from my doctors saying my beta was an 82 and they wanted to redraw my blood the next day. My beta then came back at over 7000!!!! I was pregnant AGAIN! Talk about shock!

I am currently pregnant with a little boy that DH and I made on my birthday while NOT TTC. He is healthy and wonderful and will be induced on July 21st. I love this child with my whole heart. Again I could never choose between my children but God sent two angels before him for a reason. And I think God every single day for all 5 of my children that I have held in my belly.

TTC after a loss is very scary! Keep strong and don't give up. Children are such a blessing. Good luck Ladies!

If you have experienced an ectopic loss please feel free to PM me. I would be happy to answer any questions or lend an understanding ear.

July 10th, 2008, 04:23 PM
..Jessica..'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thank you for sharing, Nikki!

What are the odds that your birthday present ended up being your son? SUCH a beautiful, blessing outcome!

What will your son's name be?

ETA -- I just saw in your siggy what his name will be! James Scott Jr. So adorable!!!

August 11th, 2008, 07:03 AM
Kimmie2331's Avatar Regular
I'm so happy to have found your story to read! I just had an ectopic removed 6/16/08 and I also lost my right tube. It is my 4th pregnancy loss, no children yet. I'm going to have a few tests done then we are going to try again but I'm scared. I loved reading your story, gives me hope! Thanks!!
September 3rd, 2008, 10:50 PM
Melissa86's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via AIM to Melissa86 Send a message via MSN to Melissa86 Send a message via Yahoo to Melissa86
thanks for sharing what a wonderful story. almost made me cry! <3
November 12th, 2008, 08:45 PM
heathernoell6's Avatar Super Mommy
Wow. That is amazing. Thank you so much for sharing your story hear. The success stories really do help to keep me going.

[url="http://lafemmebonita.com"]

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search