PG Mentioned: Sam, Angela, Jae, Red, Kelty, Lara, Karissa,everyone

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTCAL Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 3rd, 2009, 04:12 PM
PixieQueen's Avatar Hi-Tech Hippie
Send a message via Yahoo to PixieQueen
Team pink! Tanith is getting a little sister! And I can finally go shopping!

August 4th, 2009, 05:52 AM
amandakay29's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yay Karissa!!! Is Tanith excited? Congrats!!! What does dh think?
August 4th, 2009, 06:04 AM
He was a little disappointed for about 2 sec. He really wanted to be a Cub Scout dad, but he really does adore Tanith and he got to pick the name. And I was teasing him on the way home that maybe we'd have to try just one more time for a boy, and he didn't say no! He did say that if it wasn't a boy he'd be REALLY outnumbered, which from him is almost like a yes. So I might get at least 3 after all!

August 4th, 2009, 08:36 AM
I can understand a brief moment of disappointment. We haven't found out what we are having yet. I swear I'm having a girl. Not that I want a girl over a boy. I just feel that is what I'm carrying. And I think I will be disappointed for 2 sec.'s just because I'm wrong I'm glad he's willing for to try for #3. I think 3 is a good number. I'm sooo excited for you. Please post pics when you find your baby's coming home outfit!!!
August 4th, 2009, 11:36 AM
Well, we're having a homebirth, so it'll probably just be a cute sleeper while we curl up together in bed for a nap! Oh, and her name is Tesla Ruth.

August 4th, 2009, 11:53 AM
L-SBB's Avatar Bébé Cowgirl
stupid multiple posts

Savannah Stylin!

Remembered Forever with Love
10/13/2008 (@9w2d) 10/18/2011 (@8w5d) 2/12/2012 (@4w3d) 8/13/2012 (@10w3d)

Last edited by L-SBB; August 4th, 2009 at 11:58 AM.
August 4th, 2009, 11:57 AM
wow i missed so many updates!

Angela - i'm so happy to hear your results came back fine! that's awesome...we've had a number of girls scared by some enhanced risk results in the Dec DDC but i think they ended up fine once they did additional testing....so clearly the early bloodwork not as accurate as we could hope, sorry it stressed you but glad it all came back perfect and congrats on Team Pink!!

Laurie - i totally missed you got a reversal to Team Blue!! that's awesome...i'd definitely trust the 20wk scan more than the guess at the NT scan...mine happened to stay the same but it's awfully early when they guess in that 12-13wk time frame. We need some boys to balance out Team Pink in PAL anyway

Yay Karissa's my Team Pink partner in crime now

Amanda - how are you feeling??? and when do you get to go in for your big u/s???

And for anyone who missed the updates running around on Red, she ended up hospitalized (too little amniotic fluid and the baby was measuring behind by a couple of weeks suddenly) about a week ago and she gave birth to her daughter a few days ago (i want to say it was around 33 weeks?)...there should be a link to her update in Sept DDC in PAL if you want to see the pics (she's adorable)

Savannah Stylin!

August 4th, 2009, 12:11 PM
Karissa-I love the name!!! Is Ruth a family name? And I want to say I admire you for having a home birth. I still want lots of pictures of all the little baby girl things!!

Lara-Do you have a coming home outfit yet or a name for your little one?? How are you feeling? Are you off all n/v meds yet?

And I'm not sure when the "big" ultrasound is. I'm chomping at the bit to have it though. We have an appointment on Tuesday of next week and the dr. said I will be able to schedule that day. I'm already "nesting" I want to know so I can start painting the room. And if I'm having a boy I have all of Wyatt's clothes to go through to see what will work for the new baby. If it's a girl...well there is a lot of shopping to do As for how I'm feeling...I'm still exhausted. I'm still on Zofran 4 x's a day. And now Phenergan at night. I throw up still at least once a day. I haven't gained any weight and actually dropped 2lbs. We do have names picked. Reid William for a boy (William is grandfather's name who has passed) and Annabelle Kay (My mom is Angela Kay and I'm Amanda Kay so we thought we would go with a 3rd generation of A first name and Kay middle name).

And I'm gonna go check on Red right now!!!

I miss you guys. I wish more girls would check in!!! It's hard to search for everybody in the ddc's.
August 4th, 2009, 12:29 PM
oh i love your names Amanda...Annabelle has always been a favorite of mine

Sorry you're still so sick...my m/s started to get better around 18 weeks so i'll hold out hope for you...at 18 weeks i started to reduce my meds incrementally - right now i'm taking a 1/2 dose (single pill) of Zofran once every other day. Still feel pukey and gag a lot though...i fear maybe that'll be with me right up until delivery Hopefully you're close to turning the corner and feeling at least a little better...were you sick the whole time with Wyatt?

As for names I think we're set on Savannah...but middle name is still up for grabs, we initially liked "Grace" but now we're also considering "Leigh". No coming home outfit yet...i'm waiting until the fall lines are out in the shops (i'm totally addicted to Janie & Jack) before i decide...but i have bought some outfits and i'll try to take pics of them soon - there's SO MUCH cute baby stuff out there!!

Savannah Stylin!

Last edited by L-SBB; August 4th, 2009 at 12:31 PM.
August 5th, 2009, 06:17 AM
Too much cute baby stuff! I am planning on hitting the yardsales this weekend! And yes, Ruth is DH's mom's middle name. Tanith's middle name is Isabelle, which is my mom's and grandmother's name (first, though they go by their middle names), so second girl had to use MIL's name. Her first name is Emma, but it's really hard to use as a middle name, and it's too common as a first name. Ruth isn't my favorite, but it goes really well with Tesla.

Amanda - I love your names! So cute! I can't wait to find out what you are having too! Yay!

Lara - Grace and Leigh are both pretty. Tough choice!

August 5th, 2009, 02:02 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I love the names everyone has picked out.
Lara, Grace is Eva's middle name, so I'm biased. I am trusting the 20 wk scan, but DH is still doubtful. He thinks his fatherly instincts are more reliable than an u/s! I'm hoping I get to have another one if it is a boy. DH has always said two, but maybe I can convince him to have one more.
Amanda, I love the name Reid. As for using family names, my son's middle name is Anson which means "son of Andrew" and Declan's middle name is going to be Andrew. I like that both boys will be named after their Daddy.
Karrissa, I understand that split second of disappointment. I got over it right away, but I was a little sad to say goodbye to the tea parties and pink frilly dresses. Really, I am just happy to have my baby and I just want him to be healthy. Maybe I can convince him to have tea parties with me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieQueen View Post
Wow Laurie! I didn't even know they'd guess that early for that very reason! I love the name you've picked! Miss you around the DDC. I don't think the chick who made the rude comments about the siggies making her "sad" really comes around anymore. I hope you still lurk, at least!
I didn't know that anyone but me had noticed that comment. I figured I was just hypersensitive. I did stop posting because of that, but I am not bitter. I suppose that it is difficult for someone that has never experienced a loss to see that sort of siggy. It is probably a bit frightening to them, and I would hate to cause them fear or worry. I love our babies on the Stillbirth board, and taking them down was just never an option. I lurk and post if I think I have something useful to add.

August 5th, 2009, 03:24 PM
Oh, yeah, I noticed! I had to stop myself from blasting her. "I'm sorry it makes YOU sad". How the h*ll do you think the parents feel?! Grr. It still p*sses me off.

Anyway. Sorry, I'm done now. But I can keep up with you here, so who cares right?

August 5th, 2009, 04:40 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by PixieQueen View Post
Oh, yeah, I noticed! I had to stop myself from blasting her. "I'm sorry it makes YOU sad". How the h*ll do you think the parents feel?! Grr. It still p*sses me off.

Anyway. Sorry, I'm done now. But I can keep up with you here, so who cares right?
Right!

August 16th, 2009, 01:39 PM
~Angela~'s Avatar Mommy to 3
I love all the names. We've decided on Madeline Elizabeth.

Amanda- did you have the u/s yet? I really hope you start to feel better soon!
August 16th, 2009, 01:46 PM
Cute name Angela! I always liked Madeline.

August 16th, 2009, 03:53 PM
We did have the ultrasound. It's a girl. And we've switched the name to Natalie Kay. I love the name you picked out Angela.

Laurie-I'm sorry some people are so horrible.

Sorry so short. Wyatt is having a super fussy day!
August 18th, 2009, 12:53 PM
I went to an OB appointment yesterday and finally met with the Dr.

I've lost a total of 6 lbs now. The Dr. seemed concerned that I haven't felt any movement yet she said for me to call if I still haven't in a week or two. I have an u/s scheduled for Sept 2. I should be 20 weeks. She seemed very concerned about IUGR (Intrauterine Growth Restruction) because of the level of the one protein in my blood(PAPP-A). I asked her is she gets cases where everything is fine, she said yes, but, my levels are really low. If the baby is already measuring behind at 20 weeks then I'll be transferred to a high risk OB- if not, I get another u/s at 26 weeks to measure growth. If she's behind then, I get transferred to.

Reading online, if I measure behind at 20 weeks, it's really bad news. Chances of survival get higher the later IUGR starts. Because my levels are so low, I have a 24% chance of this or stillbirth or eclampsia. Babies can be delivered at 28 weeks ok, but not necessarily with IUGR, they are already weaker and have a lower survival.

I will never catch a break! Thanks for letting me vent!

Amanda - Congrats on the girl!!! How exciting!!!
August 18th, 2009, 04:21 PM
Wow Angela! You just can't catch a break! I hope everything turns out! T&Ps.

August 19th, 2009, 05:30 AM
Angela-I'm so sorry for the blood test results. Hopefully it doesn't mean anything. And I'm just now feeling movement and it's very sporadic if I wasn't focusing I wouldn't notice at all. With Wyatt I was almost 22 weeks. And stop reading about stuff online!!! You should know better than that!! Crazy girl! (I do it too! My dh asks if I asked Dr. Google about such and such) You are in my thoughts and prayers. I'm sure everything will work out!
September 22nd, 2009, 08:43 AM
How is everyone doing?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search