Healthy Pregnancy After 4 Miscarriages

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTCAL Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 26th, 2010, 11:14 AM
Just wanted to share my story quickly for those who have lost hope.

I got pregnant in 2006 and was absolutely beaming. The timing was perfect, and I could not have been happier. When I went in for my first doctor's appointment, however, the doctor told me the heartbeat was very slow, and I most likely would lose the baby. I cried all the way back to the office, and had to borrow a co-worker's cell phone and find an empty door lobby where I could tell my husband without everyone hearing my sobs. After the heart stopped I had a D&C at about 12 weeks. That was the first one.

Even after the second and third miscarriage, I still felt like I had a good chance. Factor V, chromosome, and other blood tests all came back normal. A lot of times I wished they would find something wrong so we knew what to fix. I started on low-dose aspirin and progesterone. But after my fourth miscarriage, I had an unbearable loss of hope. I wouldn't look at pregnant women, couldn't go to baby showers, I'd even turn the channel when diaper commercials came on. I always thought I was a very stable person, but infertility can rock you.

I had my first appointment with a doctor at a local University who specialized in recurrent miscarriage. He said I had an interesting case, me being so young (almost 27) and having so many losses in such a short amount of time (4 in 2 years). He wanted to assemble a few other doctors and come up with a plan for my next pregnancy. I was told to make another appointment, and NOT to get pregnant until we were all ready. A week before the next appointment, I realized I was 7 weeks pregnant.

I was devastated. What a waste of time! Now I was going to have to wait this loss out before I could even begin with these other doctors. Not only had I not been taking my aspirin or progesterone, I hadn't even been taking prenatals. I went in anyway to see if we could see anything to help figure out what was wrong. The doctor did an ultrasound like always, but he must have been using a machine that was different than what I was used to, because all I saw was a black spot, and thought, oh great, all I got this time was a sac. But he looked at it and said, "I see heartbeat. A strong one."

I went on to have a flawless full-term pregnancy and gave birth to a gorgeous baby boy. Somehow my body figured it out on the fifth time, and I believe prayer also played a part.

During my obsessive research, I found very few cases of fertile women just miscarrying their whole lives without ever having a live birth. The stats are with us!

Nothing will heal this type of pain like finally having a baby, it seems to go away in an instant. Although I also feel like adopting a baby would have been equally rewarding. I hope those on this forum looking for answers (I spent a lot of time on this forum during that period) can find some strength during such an unparalleled trial.
February 2nd, 2010, 11:01 AM
.:Shortcake:.'s Avatar ♬♪Music Soothes my Soul♪♬
Thank you so much for you story! You and all these other lovely ladies are what gives me hope! Congrats on your little one

My Angels- 12-15-08 @ 13w3d♥ 05-09 @ 6w2d♥ & 2 Early Losses♥ Twins 9-7-10♥ & 10-2-10 ♥ 2/11/11

Want a siggy in a hurry? Check out my Siggy Express Lane
My blog

April 16th, 2010, 11:29 AM
trusting and believing
beautiful testimony, thank you for sharing

Mom to one son born December 2010 and expecting another little guy June 16, 2014!
May 5th, 2010, 11:33 AM
mmllhh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Reading this is exactly what I needed today. I've had 5 losses and am still holding out hope for a healthy pregnancy. You have given me hope. Thank you for sharing.
June 3rd, 2010, 04:56 PM
Jakaira s Mom's Avatar ***Only 1 wish***
Thank you..................Thank you..........Thank you for sharing.

Tags
3 miscarriages , 4 miscarriages , 5 miscarriages , recurrent miscarriage

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search