Tips For Moms Who Want To Lose Weight

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Fitness Articles, Video Reviews, and Blinkies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 14th, 2012, 04:48 PM
I'm new to this forum and figured I'd make my introduction by helping others. I'm still trying to lose all the weight I've gained during my pregnancy (I have quite a strong baby boy) so figured I's just share tips that I think are helpful.

1. Be Realistic. You didn't gain all your weight in two weeks, so it's going to take more than two weeks to take it off. A half pound to a pound a week is all you should ever hope to lose - if that. A slow steady metamorphosis is underway.

2. Eat Consistently throughout the day. No more than three to four hours should pass between meals. Spacing meals keeps your energy levels constant and prevents ravenous hunger.

3. If you eat carbs eat low-glycemic carbohydrates. Slow-burning carbs, such as beans, yams and whole grains, will keep your blood sugar stable. Sugars found in some fruits, fruit juices, refined and processed foods cause wild fluctuations in insulin. Insulin bursts enhance fat storage plus they can leave you feeling starved and foraging for more to eat.

4. Avoid weighing yourself too often, or if you feel that you have to, use a Quantum scale, it registers your weight but does not display it, so you don't have to worry about developing any "scale anxiety". Remember, your scale is supposed to be a tool to help you manage your weight, not an evil device deciding your mood for the day.

5. Take your supplements. A high quality multi-vitamin and mineral supplement should also be rich in antioxidant nutrients. This is important because burning fat creates free radicals that must be disposed of.

6. Make Jell-O. Sugar free Jell-O is great stuff; it’s fun to eat, easy to make, and practically devoid of calories— the whole box only contains 40!

Hope this helped some of you!
Adrienne
February 16th, 2012, 12:02 AM
ryansmommy1111's Avatar Proud JM Co-Host
Welcome Adrienne, and these are all awesome tips! I l love sugar free jello, and I especially like to mix different flavors together to create new flavors lol. And I love crystal light so I'll use that in place of water and have some festive jello in my house. I had to start following a low glycemic diet when I was pregnant with ryan, and I really felt so much better, like my system was more stable, than I did skipping meals or having fast carbs and sugars to spike my levels up and down like rockets.
~ Holli, Princess Jigglebuster , proud mommy of 8 angel babies and 3 little squirts, phenominal homemaker, MasterChef of my kitchen, resident psychologist and boot camp instructor, boo boo fixer, private tutor, maid, most awesome partner for my dh , AND queen of "kiss it better" 's

To lose weight, stay fit and motivated, get support, have fun and form friendships with a part of a great group of girls, follow me to the Mommy Weightloss and Fitness Board!
http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f31-mommy-weightloss-and-fitness/

"If you can't accept me at my worst, then you sure don't deserve me at my best."

"Nothing tastes as good as thin feels"

"If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you
always got"

"Quitting is NOT an option"
May 9th, 2012, 09:35 PM
I'd also like to add a couple of tips ...
1. Walk daily! A brisk 20 minute walk is ideal, but if you don't have that kind of time at least take a 5 minute break every day to walk a few laps in your backyard, or up and down your street.
2. Keep some small dumbbells next to you while watching TV, and do a few exercises during commercial breaks.
3. Start writing down everything you eat -- you'd be amazed by how many sugary and fatty treats you walk away from when you know you're going to write down what you eat.
March 29th, 2013, 06:40 AM
There are really nice and most informative post. I am totally agree with yo all. My wife is pregnant and i want to know more.
Anyways thanks for this kindness. May God bless you always.

hcg diet

Last edited by Adwerd; April 5th, 2013 at 11:06 PM.
April 9th, 2013, 05:22 AM
Hello guys,
thanks a mil for the tips! Some of them have been really helpful. I also noticed that if i eat in small portions but like 4-5 times per day it is easier to resist fooв in between the meals.
Walking is also great. I dont have much time now to exercise but take a stroll in the park is always great for the mood AND for the muscles.
I was wondering if you guys have any due date when you have to reach a certain number in pounds? How do you do the math? Does it help you reach your goal eventually?
April 9th, 2013, 09:20 AM
I totally agree on the walking thing! It works with me, just have to stay on top of it and do it on a regular basis.

The only thing i am struggling with is the absence of the visual proof that i've made some improvement. That's a huge motivation i think when you can see bit by bit the results of your work. What's your way of motivation?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search