Exercise Video Reviews

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Fitness Articles, Video Reviews, and Blinkies LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 2nd, 2008, 10:34 AM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
Video Name: Jillian Michaels: Cardio Kickbox
Run Time: approx. 29 minutes
Exercise Level: beg. to advanced
Opinions: I like this one for the same reason I like the Foreman video.. it makes me feel strong (even tho I'm sure I look silly). This one is a little more "intimidating", though. If you are a beginner to kickboxing like I am, you can do this workout but just maybe not put as much "power" into it. At the very end she has you doing pushups and stuff that sorry, I just can't do. BUT overall this video puts a lot of energy into a relatively quick workout. Jillian is really encouraging (and I think she's beautiful... reminds me of the young Kirstie Alley) and she at least appears to be getting a difficult workout herself!

Robert: 19 Raechel: 18 Daniel: 15 Joseph: 13 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 7 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 18 months!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w); Francis (7-4-12 @12w); Charlie (1-19-15 @ 6w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

April 6th, 2008, 04:45 PM
TrainingWithTonya's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to TrainingWithTonya
Video Name: Gilad's Quick Fit System
Run Time: Several workouts normally on several dvd's but I had a friend give them to me on one VHS. Total runtime--2 hours and 55 minutes
Chapters/Workouts: Cardio Classic--30 minutes; Cardio Strike--35 minutes; Cardio Blast--40 minutes; Sculpting Shoulders and Arms--20 minutes; Sculpting Hips, Thighs, and Buns--20 minutes; Sculpting Back and Chest--15 minutes; Sculpting Abs--15 minutes
Exercise Level: Beginner/Intermediate
Opinions: Nice mix of workouts similar to his tv shows. Even the weighted stuff begins and ends with a cardio warm up and cool down. Overall, I like the workouts because they are short enough that I can squeeze in one before work even if I'm running short on time. And I just have a think for Gilad even though he is probably old enough to be my dad. LOL
Masters in Exercise Science Starting August 2012 at the University of South Florida

April 15th, 2008, 04:05 PM
Video Name: Tracy Long Training Core Foundations
Run Time: 45 Minutes
Chapters/Workouts: Can pick your exercises on the dvd, but I have a vhs version.
Exercise Level: Advanced
Opinions: This is a mix of ball and paper plate work. Yes, I said that right. She uses paper plates so your feet slide on the floor. While the moves are advanced, I did 20 minutes of it and was bored out of my mind. The music is blah, so blah that I don't even remember it having music and I just took it out of the vcr. Her cueing is horrible!!!! As in she cues halfway through doing a move. I will do the other half of this because I'm determined to do all of my videos at least once this year, but after that I'm probably going to retire it. Now I'm really dreading the other two workouts I have of hers.
Masters in Exercise Science Starting August 2012 at the University of South Florida

June 23rd, 2008, 08:28 PM
Kris2you's Avatar Live-Laugh-Love
Send a message via MSN to Kris2you Send a message via Yahoo to Kris2you
Video Name: Biggest Loser: Cardio Max
Run Time: DVD is 50 min total but split into levels
Chapters/Workouts: Level 1: 20 (includes 5 min warm up and 5 min cool down), Level 2: 10 min, Level 3: 10 min
Exercise Level: Beginner. The program is a 6 week program. You do Level 1 for 2 wks, then level 2 for 2 wks and Level 3 for 2 wks
Opinions- I watched it 1st and then I did and OMG it is a killer and you definitely feel it. I am only on level 1 and I am sore and worn out. It works everything. I can only imagine level 2 and 3 w/ Jillian and Kim. Level 1 is Bob
Rating 1-5 stars ( 1 being the lowest and 5 being the higest) 5!
June 26th, 2008, 03:43 PM
Lacie R.'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Video: Jillian Michaels - 30 Day Shred
Run Time: Whole video is 60 min. It's 3 levels, each level is 20 min.
Chapters/Workouts: Level 1 is for beginners, you then work yourself up. Each level is a 3-2-1 Ratio; 3 min Cardio, 2 min Strenght, 1 min abs. There is a warm up and cool down as well.
Exercise Level: Beg. to advance! There are modified exercises for the beginners and advance exercises for advnace.
Opinon: It's AMAZING! I just started it last night, and I'm dying today. I am SO sore! It definitely gives you a GREAT all around work out. Definitly 5 stars here!! I highly recomend it! You do need weights, and I didn't know that, so I had to substitue.. but that wasn't a big deal.
November 22nd, 2008, 03:34 PM
Video Name: 10 Minute Solution Carb Burner
Run Time: 5 sections of 10 minute workouts
Exercise Level: Beginner to Intermediate, but can be advanced if you do more then one section at a time
Opinions: These are great little workouts to squeeze in when you are short on time. But I hate that she is always talking about burning carbs. The point is to burn stored body fat, not carbs! LOL

Video Name: 10 Minute Solution Pilates
Run Time: 5 sections of 10 minute workouts
Exercise Level: Beginner to Intermediate, but can be advanced if you do more then one section at a time
Opinions: My favorite of the 10 Minute Solution workouts. Nice and relaxing while working at the same time.

November 22nd, 2008, 03:39 PM
Video Name: 30 Minute Express Above the Belt
Run Time: 30 minutes
Exercise Level: Beginner
Opinions: Great workout, especially for a $1! (Got it at Wal-Mart on that $1 rack they have up front for anyone interested.) Her voice is a little annoying to me, though, so if things like that bother you, you may not want this one.

Video Name: 8 Mnute Arms
Run Time: 8 minutes
Exercise Level: Intermediate
Opinions: I say intermediate just because they focus on one body part for quite a while. You may be able to do this as a beginner, but not do the full time on each exercise. They did a lot of Chest and Back stuff for an arm workout, but that's okay too. Very 80's, but the cheesy 80's can be fun sometimes too.

Video Name: 8 Minute Buns
Run Time: 8 Minutes
Exercise Level: Intermediate
Opinions: Again, can be modified to beginner if necessarey. Another very 80's video, but sound exercises. The hot guy in the funny tights is worth the price. LOL

May 9th, 2012, 09:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by feerota View Post
Hi,
I'm new and wanted to post about a video that my friend gave me as a shower gift. It's called Fitmom and Baby Workout and it's awesome because you workout wearing your baby in a carrier and then do games and songs with your baby while your exercising. My son cried all the time the first six months except when he was in the carrier and so he totally loved the workout and I got into awesome shape. It was also really great bonding time for us.
Be careful about working out with your baby if you have back issues!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search