Kiwimommy's tattoos and piercings!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Our Tattoo and Piercing Photos and Experiences LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 15th, 2011, 09:45 PM
KiwiMommy's Avatar Ashlynn's Mama
Pictures to come, but here's my stories!

First off, my ear lobes (first piercing)
I was 12, pierced with a gun and I hardly remember it.
My sister, however, accidentally got her hair stuck in one and pulled it out. I was too chicken to replace it! Years later I managed to put earrings back in (no re-piercing) and now have them at a 2g

Second was a cartilage piercing.
Silly me got it done with a gun and it promptly swelled, hurt, and fell out 3 weeks later.

Third, my lip..
The first time I did it myself and removed it the next day.
The second time I got it professionally done.
It didn't hurt initially, but the healing was HORRIBLE. It was almost always swollen, painful, and took a few months to heal.
It's been over a year and I LOVE it

Then came my 2nd lobe piercings. Done with a gun because I had a credit from when my little sisters got theirs, so it was $20 off any purchase.
I spent a dollar on my piercings.
They healed quickly, but I learned a few months later that I'm allergic to cheap earrings.. Now I have to wear hypoallergenic studs at all times or they hurt..BAD!

Then.. my tattoo! I got "Ashlynn Heather" on my wrist (cost $20 from a friend's dad, who is a tattoo artist)
It definitely hurt, that's for sure, but it was tolerable and healed well (and quickly)

Then another cartilage piercing, this time with a needle. That was about a month ago. It hurt a bit, bled a decent amount for a couple days (off and on, obviously) and was rather annoying, but it's great now

Finally, my newest body mod.. My tongue piercing!
I got it yesterday (well, tuesday..so about 30 hours ago)
I was a complete chicken at first, mumbling how I was going to die.. LOL The piercer must have thought I was crazy.
It took forever for him to prep everything. We made small talk, my best friend's friends hung out in the room with me, we chatted, he marked it, wiped, remarked, etc..
Then the clamps.. OUCH! Those hurt.
Then "Are you ready?" I shrugged.
"Ok.. 3 deep breaths" I shook my head no (It'd make me more nervous)
"One deep breath?" Shook my head again
"Okay..you ready?" I shrugged a little
"Ok..here we go!"
I closed my eyes because it was pretty painful! Then it was done and over with, minimal blood (Tasted some, didn't see any though) and said "OW!!"
It still hasn't swollen much, I've eaten normally, talked with a minimal lisp.. It aches a bit and it's a bit puffy..but not bad at all! Totally, totally worth it! My favorite piercing by FAR!

Thank you peimum for the gorgeous siggy!
September 21st, 2011, 01:39 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to airfobrat Send a message via MSN to airfobrat Send a message via Yahoo to airfobrat
i remember when i got my tongue pierced!! it does take guts, which is what I think a few people don't realize! Mine was swollen for about 3 days...and sore for about a week...but i think that was bc i'm a talker - i had to force myself to not talk!!

one hint of advice! I am not sure where you live, or if you have a sonic near you if you are in the US - but any type of frozen slushie works great for the ice on the tongue! It helped me out A BUNCH!

Thank you .:Shortcake:. for the awesome siggy!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search