Nipple piercings

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Our Tattoo and Piercing Photos and Experiences LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 21st, 2007, 09:23 AM
myboys3's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to myboys3
On May 8th, I decided that was the day I was finally going to get my nipples pierced. I have wanted them done since getting my tongue done (9 years ago), but decided to wait to see that #1, I was POSITIVE I wanted nipple rings, and #2, I wanted to be done having kids. So... very sure I went to the local piercing place (i'm in a small town, we have 2) I went to a local shop called The Skin Within, and asked to be pierced, Virginia (the piercer) was busy with a customer, changing jewelery for her. The counter girl asked me to fill out a form, and have a seat. Virginia walked out about 10 minutes later, finished up with the other girl, and led me into her office. It was small, super clean, and kinda looked like my dr's office.
Virginia asked me what I was having pierced, then asked me to remove my bra and top so she could see. Once my nipples were deemed piercable, she marked them and we discussed Jewellery. I have large nipples, and Virginia explained that hoops might not be pleasing to me with my nipple size, and she recommended barbells. I agreed, and we discussed gage, we pierced me with a 14G, and used a bioplastic barbell instead of surgical steel, one reason being the balls on the steel ones were tiny, and my nipple over powered them, and second being that bioplast tends to heal faster. Ok, we were ready, at this point, I asked my DH to come into the room, I needed my support system! After all, I was doing this with no freezing, the piercer that did my tongue told me something when I had my tongue done that just made perfect sense to me. She said that when you want a piercing you should be able to handle the pain of that piercing, and if you can't handle it, then maybe you should re-think that piercing. It can also make you bleed more, once the freezing wears off. So that was that!
I lay down on the table, and Virginia applied the clamp, I was nervous about this, because in most of the stories I had read or heard, people said it was the clamp that was the most pain/discomfort. Well, for me it was fine, kinda felt like when you latch a baby on, you know that pressure... anywho, clamp applied, DH's hand in mine, Virginia was impressed that I was already breathing like a pro! LOL.. yep 3 kids, 3 epidurals, 3 c-sections, I'm familiar with breathing when having needles stuck in places! Virginia said deep breathe in... I took a BIG breath, clamped down on DH's hand, Virginia said, now breathe out hard..I did, and POP! I was pierced. Now i'm not gonna lie, and say it didn't hurt, cause it did. But it certainly did not hurt as much as I had psyched myself up for. It was so fast, that my brain barely had time to register the pain, and it was over. Virginia applied the jewellery, and had me stand up to check it out. I loved it! Virginia asked if I was still ok with piercing the second one, I agreed, so we marked the left nipple, and I lay back down on the table. Virginia warned me that this piercing would hurt a bit more, as my adrenaline would be running down from the first nipple piercing. She said deep breath in, I breathed in, she said breathe out hard, i did, and POP! I was pierced again. Now, Virginia was right that one did hurt more, i actually had to stop myself from jumping a bit. But again, it was fast, my brain barely registered that I was in pain, and it was over. Virginia put the jewellery in, and had me stand to check them out! I was a bit light headed when I first sat up, I think cause of the adrenaline rush, but waited out the head spin, and I was fine. Stood up, and admired my new piercings...I loved them! DH too! Virginia put gauze over them, to protect them from my bra rubbing, and also incase there was some blood, went over the aftercare with me, and told me to come back in about 2 weeks, so she could check them out. Unless I had problems or questions, then i was to go in right away.

It's been 2 weeks, and I went to see Virginia 2 days ago, my piercings are great! They are healing awesome, and I still can not get over how little they hurt. Or that they didn't even bleed. The first night, they throbbed alot. But by the second day, they just felt bruised. By the end of the first week, they were so itchy I thought I was going to die, but they aren't so bad now. They do not feel bruised anymore, there is very little white crust (dead cells) when I clean them, which I do twice a day. In the morning, with an antimicrobial soap (not anti-bacterial), while in the shower, and at night a sea salt soak, and a wash with the same soap. It's been a breeze so far. I still have some healing to do, but i think my new piercings will be just fine. And I am still very happy that I had them done.

Thanks Jacquie for wicked myboys3 siggy!!
<MARQUEE WIDTH="100%" BEHAVIOR="scroll" SCROLLAMOUNT="5" DIRECTION="left">
</MARQUEE>
January 26th, 2008, 11:20 AM
Alex's Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Alex's Mom
ignore - double post

January 26th, 2008, 11:46 AM
Alex's Mom's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Alex's Mom
i know this is for mommies only. but i read your log about your piercing. hoops are the best things to have for nipple piercing. this is coming from someone who has alot of tattoos and piercings. for one, hoops are the best to keep clean. the best thing to use to heal the piercings is triple antibiotic ointment. if you have hoops all you do is put some ointment on the hoops and slowly slide the hoops from side to side. barbells are the worst! they take forever to heal and are more prone to infection. whoever did your piercing can easily change them out for you. trust me ! just giving you some friendly advice.

yours truly
dh of karenbaby#1

February 5th, 2008, 05:09 AM
I agree completley with having hoops instead of barbells. I had my left pierced the first time with barbells and then the right with a loop, and the loop healed much faster than the barbell. Crusties, are unfortunatley unavoidable so I wouldn't panic if you continue to have them for upwards to a year. Good luck with your new piercings! they lots of fun to have and even more fun to talk about
February 5th, 2008, 12:56 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to msbritt86
Hello I dont ever post here but wanted to say congrats on the new piercings!

I myself had just one done and loved it! I had the barbell and I am just a barbell kind of girl in general! Reading your story made me flinch thinking about the pain Your brave for getting both!!!

Thanks to Heather aka Mom2*Lauryn*Jacob* for my awesome siggy!!!
Make a pregnancy ticker

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search