Facial Piercings

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Our Tattoo and Piercing Photos and Experiences LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 23rd, 2007, 07:31 PM
LunaWolf's Avatar Super Mommy
I've had several piercings on my face, and a few of them I've had more than once.

I got my nose pierced when I was 14, before it was illegal to do it under the age of 18. My dad was all for it, and my mom just about poo'd herself (she didn't know), but she got used to it. I ended up taking it out when I was 15, and getting it redone when I was 20. It hurt a LOT both times. I had to take it out again to try and find a job (it was a ring, not one of those little tiny ones way up in the nostril). I plan on getting it done again soon, within the next couple of months.

I've got my eyebrow pierced, I had to do it a 2nd time also (again, I took it out to find a job). My eyebrow was probably my least painful piercing. Both times I had it done, it didn't hardly hurt, and it was quick as a flash. I had very little swelling, and the only time it really hurt after the fact was when I'd get it caught on something (like washing my face or putting on a net/mesh shirt).

I have my tongue pierced also, only did that one once though. Never took it out. It scared me, a lot. I was a sissy... The woman put the clamp on, and I started freaking out (the clamp was the worst part!). I started shaking and trying to back out, and my friend smacked me and said "Hold still so she can do it!" and the piercer was like "Am I doing it or not? I need to know RIGHT NOW." So she did it, and I guess the clamp had been on long enough that it'd made me go numb, because I didn't even feel it. Ice and painkillers were my best friends for the next 3 d ays, though! LoL

And my labret. Aah, the labret. I just got it repierced again last night, after having had it pierced twice and taking it out both times (AGAIN to find a job). The first two times it wasn't terrible, the needle was just in and out, and there was a little swelling but it healed fast. But this time... oh, this time was VERY different. The piercer decided he wanted to try to get it where one of the previous piercings was, where I still had a small hole that never completely closed. He clamped me and broke out the needle, and I closed my eyes and clenched my fists in anticipation of the quick pinch, but OH NO. He went TORTUROUSLY SLOW trying to get it PERFECT. I wanted to die. I almost cried... I *did* scream (or, grunt, because I couldn't move my mouth). It felt like it took 5 minutes! (in reality, it probably took about 30 seconds) And get this - he didn't even get it where he wanted it! He missed the old piercing, and got it a touch off center. I mean, people say they can't really tell, but *I* can tell, and I'm NOT happy. But I'll be darned if I'm taking the stupid thing out *again* and getting pierced *again*. I'll just have to deal with it being off center! (and, of course, now it hurts twice as much as the first 2 times because of how SLOWLY he went)

As for my tats, well, they were a breeze. Nothing really to talk about there. I went in, got inked, left, and healed fine. LoL Then again, all 3 of them are relatively small, so there was nothing to really mess up. *chuckle*

September 6th, 2007, 04:23 PM
Melanie.'s Avatar Totalimmortal
I love the process of being tattooed, I hype myself up, I worry, I pace, I get nausious, and when I sit down on the bed/in the chair it all goes away.

Piercings I love, being pierced I hate. I hate the needles they pierce with, tattooing needles are tiny and unobtrusive, I love them. I even like the vibration sound the machine makes. (I hate to call it a 'gun')
November 16th, 2008, 09:34 PM
roving_gypsy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had gages in both my ears, two on one side and three on the other. Slowly I took them out, now my ear holes are back down to a normal size. I really loved having gages, but I got tired of buying new jewlery since it just seemed to get more and more expensive.

I'ved had my labret pirced twice. I took it out the first time for my son's birth and by the time I was out of the hospital it had healed over. So I got it done again a few years later and then had my second son and guess what, had to take it out and it healed over again before I was able to get out of the hospital.

I've also had my toungue pirced twice. the first time it was pirced too close to the webbing and I had it for a while and it never actually healed, so I took it out.. It hurt more to remove it than it did to get it done or even during the whole time waiting for it to heal. So I got it done again and I still have it.

I think I'd like to get a monroe, a nose pircing, and my labret again.
I've considred a vertical hood pircing, and nipple pircings. but I'm still going back and forth about those, lol , the face is just so much easier to show than those areas. lol

Ask me about dōTERRA Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils!

Or click on the picture above to visit my Facebook page!

July 6th, 2009, 04:48 AM
Mom.to.PinknBlue's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just got my first facial piercing.
Got my lip done. Didn't even hurt, was done in like .2 seconds and looks wonderful.
The swelling has gone down, but it really hurts now. I can only take 1000 mg of tylenol a day because I'm on blood thinners and no ibuprofen... Any suggestions?
I mouth wash after I eat drink and smoke. Is there another way I should be cleaning it?
March 22nd, 2010, 12:50 AM
Jaci's Avatar I AM a Doula :)
Personally after spending $1300 to get my gums repaired after having a labret for only two years, I do not recommend oral piercings It was spend the money or have my gums slowly rub away and lose my teeth. Yikes!

I'll stick to my septum. It is there and I can show it when I want to, and hide it when I don't.

Thanks to *Kiliki* for my siggie!

Our Family Blog
April 21st, 2010, 02:28 AM
Beneath_The_Rose's Avatar WTTC #1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaci View Post
Personally after spending $1300 to get my gums repaired after having a labret for only two years, I do not recommend oral piercings It was spend the money or have my gums slowly rub away and lose my teeth. Yikes!

I'll stick to my septum. It is there and I can show it when I want to, and hide it when I don't.
Have you ever heard of/considered vertical labrets? They are very adorable and pierce straight through the lip without ever going inside the mouth and are much preferred if you have trouble with jewelry rubbing against your gums. http://i44.tinypic.com/4t83t5.jpg That's mine before it fell out and I lost the ball in the sink.
I've had regular labrets to and for some reason they always reject on me. Vertical labret I never had a problem with but was my most painful piercing to date that I ever got but at least it never hit my gums lol

still waters run deep

How easily the mind can be turned to hate from a place of fear - an instinctive, natural, protective response.
Instead of focusing on the things that unite us, we focus on what divides us
-Thrall

*FaceBook*
*Myspace*

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search