Question for all you ladies

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC by IVF LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 21st, 2008, 12:42 PM
Jessy133's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have my follow up appt. now in June, and ive been thinking to myself what exactly I want to do. I have a feeling that my doctor might tell me we need IUI or IVF. My left tube is blocked and deformed, so I only have one good tube right now, I also have PCOS, and my doctor can not seem to understand how I dont ovuate and have no progesterone in my body but get my period.

So Ive been thinking, do you think it is better for me to just go straight for IVF? Ive been seeing that alot of woman acutally dont get pregnant with IUI's, I just dont want to feel like I wasted a lot of money on IUI and meds for nothign to end up needing IVF.....kwim?

Im sorrryy im ranting I just need some opinions from woman who have been in my place before...

Thank you for your help!

xoxoxoxo
Jessy

May 22nd, 2008, 09:12 AM
Karen Elizabeth's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm not positive, but I believe that when you have tube problems, IVF is generally recommended.

</div>
May 22nd, 2008, 11:03 AM
crystalb3217's Avatar Member
Jessy,
If you know you have tubal issues I would recommend going straight to IVF. Prior to our IVF we did 3 IUI's all which were unsuccessful and then my RE decided to go in and take a look at my blocked tube. Well it ended up being just kinda tied in a knot from an adhesion to my bowel and not a hydrosalpinx after all. So we had that corrected and tried on our own again for about 4-5 months. After we didn't have any luck we went back to the RE and she suggested we be more aggressive because even though she had opened my tube back up we ran the chance of it scarring back together due to the lap. So we went ahead with the IVF. Best of luck to you in whatever you decide!

3 Failed IUI's 9/05-2/06
1 Natural Pregnancy m/c @ 7 weeks 9/06
1st IVF 4/08 BFN
May 22nd, 2008, 12:37 PM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
Tough question really. If you can confirm that your right tube is in good shape (with an HSG if you haven't already done one), then I would be inclined to say try a round or two of IUI. I only did IVF myself (I had 2 completely blocked tubes) so I have no experience with IUI but my understanding is it is not too rough physically. IVF is no walk in the park and I wouldn't wish it on anyone and I think should really be a last resort. It's physically very tough and financially much more of a burden as well.

Talk it through with your RE though and then make your decision. They should be able to give you a pretty good understanding of what the best course of action would be for you.

May 23rd, 2008, 08:29 AM
Jessy133's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Tough question really. If you can confirm that your right tube is in good shape (with an HSG if you haven't already done one), then I would be inclined to say try a round or two of IUI. I only did IVF myself (I had 2 completely blocked tubes) so I have no experience with IUI but my understanding is it is not too rough physically. IVF is no walk in the park and I wouldn't wish it on anyone and I think should really be a last resort. It's physically very tough and financially much more of a burden as well.

Talk it through with your RE though and then make your decision. They should be able to give you a pretty good understanding of what the best course of action would be for you.[/b]

Yes I already had the HSG done thats how I know my left tube is blocked/deformed. Thats why im questioning what I should do...I was thinking of maybe trying 1 cycle of IUI, but im not sure

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search