RE consult

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC by IVF LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 30th, 2008, 07:23 PM
T.R.MomTTC's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to T.R.MomTTC
<span style="font-family:Georgia">Hello everyone........I know probably sick of me and my questions by now ( LOL ).......Well I had my appointment this morning and to be honest we decided not to go with Tubal Reversal and do IVF....Thats why I am here.......And here is my Reason.........

OK here goes:

We threw the idea of Tubal Reversal out the window because it would be pointless to do.......My periods wont change back to the normal 28 day cycles but with B/C we can do that and get my hormonal balance back in check.......So with that said we have chosen the IVF route...Here is why....

We decided IVF because its pretty much the same price and if we don't get pregnant in 3 cycles.....YES 3 cycles we get reimbursed of the money we pay out of pocket.....We get as many cycles as we can with how many eggs they retrieve (which is a good thing, they can retrieve up to 18 to 20 eggs) .......

We will do IVF when we can put the first payment in check which they would like 3000 up front first and wont charge us until they start the B/C to control my A/F cycles which is nice....After we start that they would like the rest paid within 2 months before they retrieve the eggs and hoping before the implantation...They said that the IVF process takes 2 months to do and they also considered me high risk due to the Placental Abruption I had with Anthony, so they will monitor me till I am out of the danger zone........They even have everything priced down to the penny and the total will cost us is $9,233 (thats everything including office visits, ultrasounds, lab work ect.) And we even get reimbursed money if we dont use the ICSI (Isolating single sperm and injecting into egg) and Freezing and storage of embryos which comes to $2000 back in our pockets which this will then cost us $7,233 for the IVF....Reason they want all up front first is to make sure its all paid for and what not.....

I had an Ultrasound done today because Dr. H was excited that I have my period (on cycle day 3) so he started me on the Clomid Challenge Test which I will be taking 100mg of clomid starting on cycle day 5 till cycle day 9 (Wed-Sun)...I then have to go back on Monday to have them draw blood to see if it worked....So no drinking for me on the 4th which is fine because making a baby is all worth no alcohol.....I am just so happy.......Here are my U/S results...

Cervixes lining looks fantastic
Right ovary had 15 follicles less then 10mm
Left ovary had 10 follicles less then 10mm

Which is WONDERFUL!!!!! Now I just hope my body takes to the clomid fantastic to start my IVF journey in 2009.....Saving up money is a pain but the end result will be wonderful.....

Were still waiting on the semen analysis of DHs little men which I think I will get hoping by tomorrow.....

I feel like I am missing so much to tell you all.......I just hope that even before 2009 that we can start the IVF cycle.....DH said that he is happy that we are doing IVF then Tubal Reversal because he was scared to do another surgery on me......

If you have questions please ask away!!!!</span>
July 11th, 2008, 12:04 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
<span style="font-family:Georgia">Hello everyone........I know probably sick of me and my questions by now ( LOL ).......Well I had my appointment this morning and to be honest we decided not to go with Tubal Reversal and do IVF....Thats why I am here.......And here is my Reason.........

OK here goes:

We threw the idea of Tubal Reversal out the window because it would be pointless to do.......My periods wont change back to the normal 28 day cycles but with B/C we can do that and get my hormonal balance back in check.......So with that said we have chosen the IVF route...Here is why....

We decided IVF because its pretty much the same price and if we don't get pregnant in 3 cycles.....YES 3 cycles we get reimbursed of the money we pay out of pocket.....We get as many cycles as we can with how many eggs they retrieve (which is a good thing, they can retrieve up to 18 to 20 eggs) .......

We will do IVF when we can put the first payment in check which they would like 3000 up front first and wont charge us until they start the B/C to control my A/F cycles which is nice....After we start that they would like the rest paid within 2 months before they retrieve the eggs and hoping before the implantation...They said that the IVF process takes 2 months to do and they also considered me high risk due to the Placental Abruption I had with Anthony, so they will monitor me till I am out of the danger zone........They even have everything priced down to the penny and the total will cost us is $9,233 (thats everything including office visits, ultrasounds, lab work ect.) And we even get reimbursed money if we dont use the ICSI (Isolating single sperm and injecting into egg) and Freezing and storage of embryos which comes to $2000 back in our pockets which this will then cost us $7,233 for the IVF....Reason they want all up front first is to make sure its all paid for and what not.....

I had an Ultrasound done today because Dr. H was excited that I have my period (on cycle day 3) so he started me on the Clomid Challenge Test which I will be taking 100mg of clomid starting on cycle day 5 till cycle day 9 (Wed-Sun)...I then have to go back on Monday to have them draw blood to see if it worked....So no drinking for me on the 4th which is fine because making a baby is all worth no alcohol.....I am just so happy.......Here are my U/S results...

Cervixes lining looks fantastic
Right ovary had 15 follicles less then 10mm
Left ovary had 10 follicles less then 10mm

Which is WONDERFUL!!!!! Now I just hope my body takes to the clomid fantastic to start my IVF journey in 2009.....Saving up money is a pain but the end result will be wonderful.....

Were still waiting on the semen analysis of DHs little men which I think I will get hoping by tomorrow.....

I feel like I am missing so much to tell you all.......I just hope that even before 2009 that we can start the IVF cycle.....DH said that he is happy that we are doing IVF then Tubal Reversal because he was scared to do another surgery on me......

If you have questions please ask away!!!!</span>
[/b]
I am so happy for you!!!!I had a t/r and now I am doing Ivf..I am glad I had the t/r because I have one t/r baby but I am so happy to be going to do Ivf...

Make a pregnancy ticker

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search