My Ivf Journey

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC by IVF LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 26th, 2008, 08:25 AM
tootienkyle's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to tootienkyle Send a message via Yahoo to tootienkyle
Hello. We just recently went to IVF doc. They wanted $18,000. We are really at a bad place with our credit and that is not going to be possible which isn't a good thing because I am 36 years old. So I "shopped" around our area here in St. Louis. I found a very good IVF doc that is going to cost a total of right under $10,000 which has given us much more hope. It is cheaper because they don't use the "hospital" for any part of it. It is all in their office. We are doing everything possible to cut corners and make more money outright, selling things...just everything we can do raise the money. It is so horrible that you want something so much, but money is the ONLY thing keeping you from it. We are hoping no more than 10 months from now we will be able to afford it, but even then, I think it's only one round, so its a do or die thing. We go to our initial appointment on August 12 at 9:00, but even then, we can't do it for months so I'm not excited yet. I have been through everything possible, I had a tubal ligation, tubal reversal, hsg, polyp removed from uterus, clomid, injections, 2 iui's. I just hope this will work for us. How many good stories are out there where you got pregnant with your 1st IVF???????
July 30th, 2008, 09:12 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Hello. We just recently went to IVF doc. They wanted $18,000. We are really at a bad place with our credit and that is not going to be possible which isn't a good thing because I am 36 years old. So I "shopped" around our area here in St. Louis. I found a very good IVF doc that is going to cost a total of right under $10,000 which has given us much more hope. It is cheaper because they don't use the "hospital" for any part of it. It is all in their office. We are doing everything possible to cut corners and make more money outright, selling things...just everything we can do raise the money. It is so horrible that you want something so much, but money is the ONLY thing keeping you from it. We are hoping no more than 10 months from now we will be able to afford it, but even then, I think it's only one round, so its a do or die thing. We go to our initial appointment on August 12 at 9:00, but even then, we can't do it for months so I'm not excited yet. I have been through everything possible, I had a tubal ligation, tubal reversal, hsg, polyp removed from uterus, clomid, injections, 2 iui's. I just hope this will work for us. How many good stories are out there where you got pregnant with your 1st IVF???????[/b]

Hi,
I am currently on my first (and I'm sure only due to cost) IVF cycle. just read your post, I feel for you, I truly do. The 10K sounds much better. I am currently taking part in a clinical study of IVF, otherwise we wouldn't be doing this right now due to costs. You may look into some possible clinical trials that your doctor/clinic or surrounding REs may be participating in. Just hought I'd share.
Kim
1 medicated IUI-BFN
August-1st IVF cycle/ICSI
Aug 15th-Transferred 3-8cell grade 2s
Beta Aug 28th POSITIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
TWINS!!!!!! Heard and saw TWO hearteatS!!!!
19 weeks 2days-aBOY and a GIRL!!!!!!!

Babies born at 24weeks-January 15th-emergency c section due to previa/placenta abruption
Jenna Nicole 1lb 4oz
Blake Anthony 1lb 3oz
Home from NICU on May 16th, 121 days after birth
Currently healthy and over 12lbs each
August 6th, 2008, 10:29 AM
greenchild's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know your appt is coming up very soon, but if you're willing to drive, there is a very good clinic in Indianapolis, Indianna. We're from MN and drove there for our fresh and our frozen cycle. I got pg both times. Granted the 1st one didn't end well, but this time around I'm now 8w5d pg and going strong!

They charge $4000 for a fresh cycle, but that does not include additional procedures like ICSI or assisted hatching, etc. bloodwork, or ultrasounds. Our total (meds, u/s, bloodwork, procedures, etc) cost for the fresh cycle was just under $11,000 (although I found later I could have saved about $2000-$3000 had I used the OB clinic I use now rather than the one I did use), and the frozen cycle cost was about $2500 total.

http://www.ivf-indiana.com/

Good luck!!

August 24th, 2008, 05:27 PM
Regular
Quote:
Hello. We just recently went to IVF doc. They wanted $18,000. We are really at a bad place with our credit and that is not going to be possible which isn't a good thing because I am 36 years old. So I "shopped" around our area here in St. Louis. I found a very good IVF doc that is going to cost a total of right under $10,000 which has given us much more hope. It is cheaper because they don't use the "hospital" for any part of it. It is all in their office. We are doing everything possible to cut corners and make more money outright, selling things...just everything we can do raise the money. It is so horrible that you want something so much, but money is the ONLY thing keeping you from it. We are hoping no more than 10 months from now we will be able to afford it, but even then, I think it's only one round, so its a do or die thing. We go to our initial appointment on August 12 at 9:00, but even then, we can't do it for months so I'm not excited yet. I have been through everything possible, I had a tubal ligation, tubal reversal, hsg, polyp removed from uterus, clomid, injections, 2 iui's. I just hope this will work for us. How many good stories are out there where you got pregnant with your 1st IVF???????[/b]
Hi I'm from the St. Louis area too. I was wondering which IVF doctor you found to use. We are researching.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search