Starting IVF in Austin, TX - Day 7 of BCPs ;o)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC by IVF LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 18th, 2008, 02:00 PM
Tarbunny's Avatar Regular
Hi there!

I'm also in Austin, TX (TX Fertility Center) and I'm starting my first IVF round. I'm currently on Day 7 of BCPs... I'm supposed to get a call from my IVF nurse today about my protocol!!! I'm really excited AND nervous at the same time. I'm sure you all understand the feeling! So far, the BCPs have made me really nauseous, but no BB pain, thank goodness! I did have to leave work one day last week, because I got pretty sick. I think it's a combination of the BCPs with the antibiotics. My Day 3 FSH level and estradiol came back really good, so I was excited about that! Phew!!!

I've been reading through the posts... I have Mild Stage 2 Endometriosis, and we recently found out my DH might have a male fertility factor. It's really odd, because when all of our IUIs were performed (with my OBGYN), he had a great sperm analysis; however, when we did the one IUI through TX Fertility Center, it was really, really low with poor morphology and motility. Maybe they just wash the SA differently at the Fertility Center? You can read our full story by clicking the LiveJournal link in my signature line below. I decided to start that blog as an outlet... it's really been therapeutic for me to write about it!

Anyway, Staying Hopeful, I too have a really light period and worry about that. My lining is always around 7 - 8 mm. My period has definitely gotten lighter with age. It lasts about 2 full days with a day or two of spotting!

Good luck and lots of sticky dust and prayers to all of you! I'm rooting for you! ;o)

TTC: 14 Months; 1 Lap; Six Failed Cycles of Letrozole; 3 Failed IUIs

IVF Cycle #1 with ICSI
8/10/08: Day 3 FSH Level and Estradiol Bloodwork
8/12/08: FSH is 3.9; Estradiol is 52; Start BCPs and Antibiotics
9/01/08: Start Lupron Injections (10 Units)
9/05/08: Stop BCPs
9/10/08: Baseline Sono; Mock Transfer; Start Gonal F (225); Reduce Lurpon to 5 units
9/13/08: Stims Bloodwork and Sono 1 - 9 follies measuring 5 - 9; Estradiol is too high! (597 Yikes!); Reduce Gonal F to 75 units, then 150 units for the next two nights; Keep Lupron at 5 units
9/15/08: Stims Bloodwork and Sono 2 - More follies and growing; Estradiol doubled (1291); Reduce Gonal F to 112.5 for next two nights; Keep Lupron at 5 units
9/17/08: Stims Bloodwork and Sono 3 - 30 follies and growing; Estradiol tripled (3500); RE is 70% sure cycle will be cancelled; No Gonal F tonight; If E2 is over 4,000 tomorrow, I'm out
9/18/08: Stims Bloodwork and Sono 4 - 30 follies, 18 over 15 in size, 1 at 20, 2 at 19; Estradiol increased again (5300); Lining 8.6; CYCLE POSSIBLY CANCELLED; coasting off Gonal F again tonight, will see tomorrow if E2 has fallen
9/19/08: Stims Bloodwork and Sono 5 - 16 follies >14; It's a miracle... E2 dropped to 3700; Trigger tonight; Lining 9.9
9/21/08: Egg Retrieval; 28 Eggs Retrieved; 25 mature; 23 fertilized!
9/26/08: ET; 2 Blastocysts Transferred; 3 Frozen
10/6/08: BETA 226! BFP!!!
10/22/08: First sono reveals one bean with a great heartrate!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search