Anyone doing FET in October?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC by IVF LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 9th, 2008, 06:53 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Just curious.

September 9th, 2008, 07:26 PM
Super Mommy
I'm not sure how the FET goes but I may be starting on my end of Sept/early Oct cycle. I go talk with the dr. on mon to see if we can go ahead. Hopefully we will be cycle buddies and we will both get our BFP's!!!

September 9th, 2008, 07:47 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hey, that would be awesome! I should be starting my meds in about a month. I am on CD 4 right now. My cycles have been running about 31 days so I am guessing about this time next month I should be having AF and then I believe if (I remember correctly from my protocol) I will be starting meds on day 5 of my next cycle.

Best of luck to you!

ETA: Spelling

September 10th, 2008, 04:32 AM
Super Mommy
I am currently on CD20. I go to talk with my RE on CD25. And I usually have a 28 or 29 day cycle. I am thinking that he will want me to wait until the end of Oct cycle before we do our FET but I'm going to push for this next cycle. Our 1st IVF cycle was done last month and resulted in a BFN. But somehow ecoli got into the petri dish with my embies and killed 7 of the 10 that they were observing. We ended up transferring 2 and when the last one made it to blastocyst stage (day 6) it was frozen. So we have 1 blastocyst frozen and 9 day 0 embies. How many embies do you have frozen and how many do you plan on transferring? I'm glad I will have someone to talk with as we go through this!!

Have a great day!

September 10th, 2008, 08:07 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh my gosh! How horrible! I can't believe that e coli had gotten into the media that your embryos were in. How the heck did that happen since it is supposed to be a sterile environment?

I have 5 frozen embies. Our RE says he usually transfers 3 but if we chose to, we can just transfer 2. I am not sure what we are going to do. It is such a hard decision because I want to maximize our chances with this transfer but if it doesn't work and we use three then we may have none or one or maybe, just maybe, two left over embryos that make it through the thawing process for another FET. If we use only two then maybe we would get lucky and have two or three left over to use for another transfer before attempting another fresh IVF cycle. You just never know until the time comes. I wish I had a crystal ball sometimes.

Definitely keep me posted about your FET. Even if we don't get to be cycle buddies we can be each others support system through all of this.

September 24th, 2008, 04:30 PM
ZaydensMomma's Avatar Aaron Nicole
I want to say GOOD LUCK!! and Keep on having faith it will work this cycle!!!
September 24th, 2008, 06:23 PM
Super Mommy
So everything is ready to go for FET next cycle!!! AF should show about the 18th of Oct and I'm assuming the transfer is aproximately 2 weeks after that?!?! I'm getting a little excited but I told myself that I wouldn't b/c the fresh cycle didn't take

When are you starting everything or have you already started things? When do you think your transfer will be?

September 27th, 2008, 08:59 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
So everything is ready to go for FET next cycle!!! AF should show about the 18th of Oct and I'm assuming the transfer is aproximately 2 weeks after that?!?! I'm getting a little excited but I told myself that I wouldn't b/c the fresh cycle didn't take

When are you starting everything or have you already started things? When do you think your transfer will be?[/b]
Well, since the nurses decided to take their good 'ol time with everything, I'm not going to be able to do my FET at the end of Oct. as we had hoped. It will be at the end of Nov. Which I guess if I end up pg then it will all be ok but I just wanted to do it as soon as we got back from vacation so that I was relaxed and well rested. Oh, well. Nothing I can really do about it now

How are things going for you?

September 28th, 2008, 06:38 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Are you serious?!? That sucks you have to wait so long!!

I did my Mock ET earlier this month and now I am just waiting for AF to show somewhere around the 7th of October. Then I will start my injections 5 days into my cycle.

October 7th, 2008, 04:17 PM
SummerRose's Avatar Veteran
My FET is this Friday! EEK..good luck to all!
TTC #1 Since Fall of 2004
"Unexplained Fertilty"
6 Cycles of Clomid, 3-IUI/Clomid, 2-IUI/Gonal F
M/C October 2006
IVF #1 ~ 21 Eggs, 13 mature, all 13 fertilized, 2 put back, 4 frozen = BFN
FET ~ October 2008
August 14 ~ Started BCP
September 6 ~ Start Lupron 10 Units
September 19 ~ Baseline U/S & B/W
September 20 ~ Start Estrace, Lower Lupron to 5 Units
October 2 ~ US to check lining
October 6 ~ Start Prometrium