Anyone....IVF in April?????

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC by IVF LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 9th, 2009, 06:45 AM
Jessy133's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey ladies! I am just checking in to see if anyone is starting IVF in Late March/April. I was suppose to start IVF in Feb. but that went down the drain b/c I have a very large cyst on my right ovary. I am having surgery on Friday 3/13, and hopefully according to oncologist who is operating me she said I can probably start the IVF process about 2-3 weeks later

So I am prayinggggg to god it all goes well and I will be able to start. It will be wonderful to find any buddies to go along for the ride!

Thanks
xoxoxo

March 9th, 2009, 07:00 AM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh Jessy I hope you are able to get started!!

I have my transfer on March 27, then I test in April. So yay!

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
March 9th, 2009, 07:48 AM
richmond_girl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to richmond_girl
Just wanted to pop in real quick and say good luck!! I hope you finally get your turn this time, Jessy.

March 9th, 2009, 09:05 AM
Natalie...I am glad that you are able to do a quick transfer! Your transfering 1 right?

Juli, thank you again for your support! I hope that you continue having a wonderful pregnancy!

I am praying praying that I can start ASAP. It would be such a wonderful birthday gift. My bday is april 12 and dh is the 8th so it would def. be a wonderful gift for both of us! My doctor told me that they needed the pathology report and the operative report to start the IVF, so I asked my oncologists office and they said that can have all that in about a week! so yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ijust hope my ovaries are ok after the surgery to start stims!

March 9th, 2009, 09:18 AM
That's the big question, Jessy... and I know it's hard to wait, but don't rush it.... stims is hard on your ovaries. I just hope everything looks good for you and you heal up nice and quick. How are you feeling?? Excited, I know. But nervous at all about the surgery?

~*~ My Blog ~*~
March 9th, 2009, 12:45 PM
Well im a bit excited b/c I have been in pain and very uncomfortable, so def. excited about doing it to get it over with. But at the same time I am nervous not abuot the procedure itself, but about another cyst coming back again in a month, like what happend to me after my August surgery. After my surgery in aug. when I went to check that all healed well they discovered that the cyst had grown back to 3 cm in a period of a month and a half.

So I am scared that even if its a couple of weeks that it might grow to be 1 cm or something, since i know how fast it can grow for me.

Basically I am scared I will be in this never ending circle of cysts, surgery, cysts, surgery, etc. and NEVER get to begin anything. I have been going to my RE for a year an dhalf and have no been able to do ANYTHING! with all these stupid cysts. So its hard I have 20 things in my head. and everyone is like o be positive bla bla bla and im like ya its easy for you to say, but like me I have had disappointment after another and im tired of it! But you know what I am talking about. Its so hard! I just dont know why it has to be!!!

March 9th, 2009, 04:08 PM
Oh scr*w the "thing positive." I say rant rant rant!! I'm tired of being told to calm down. This is some big important stuff in our lives!!! Of course we're going to be freaking out!

I really hope they are able to get this cyst thing under control for you. Have they suggested anything else they can do besides surgery to try to prevent them? (I don't know much about cysts.) I'm always looking for another door, you know? So A isn't working... great.... what's the doctor's plan B? It's the only way I keep sane after so much heartache.

~*~ My Blog ~*~
March 9th, 2009, 05:01 PM
richmond_girl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to richmond_girl
Natalie. I HATE it when people tell me to relax, or calm down, or be positive. After so much heartache, you can't HELP but feel anxiety, stress, depression, fear. And to be told to ignore those feelings, like you can just turn them on and off, is really freakin' irritating. I say vent away, you've earned it!

Jessy, we are all here for you and cheering for you on this journey!!! It has been a long road but I really truly believe something beautiful is waiting for you at the end of it all. (((HUGS)))
March 9th, 2009, 09:13 PM
Veteran
Hey Jessie first of all ley me say I pray all goes well with your surgery. We have an appt on Friday with our RE to discuss our IVF cycle. We could possibly be doing the April/May cycle. it would begin at the end of April. So maybe we will be cycle buddies!! That would be awesome!! We both deserve our two lines!!
March 9th, 2009, 09:22 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ccwantsbfp
Hey Jessy...wishing you the best of luck and I am with the other ladies...screw calming down!!! How's your dh?

My estimated retrieval is 3/25 with a 5 day transfer so I will be testing in April if all goes well. Good luck...only a few more days to go...
March 10th, 2009, 01:22 PM
Nat, I wish there was another thing I can do. It completely sucks! I had asked the doctor to let me get on the BCP I used before I was TTC which was the Nuva Ring, I told him I didnt have these huge cysts like I do now and he said I couldnt start that b/c it has to much estrogen and I cant have that before an IVF cycle. That I had to take the ones he was Rxing me.

With cysts they put you on BCP usually to control them and shrink them. I have been on BCP since I was 14-15 yrs old cuz I started with the cysts problems when I was 11. The doctor was shocked when in Nov-Dec they put me on the BCP he Rx and my cyst grew almost double in size!

That is why im so scared! I just want this to be over with already. That is also why my RE is telling me just to go straigh tto IVF so we can get out *hopefully* a ton of eggs and then I dont have to be worrying about my ovaries. So lets see if hes right

Mel...
Thanks for your suport and I pray that we can be cycle buddies! It would be awesome!

CC....

Good LUck!!!!!!!!! I am rooting for you!!!!!!! I hope you get a beautiful !

March 10th, 2009, 02:11 PM
frogftsh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to frogftsh Send a message via Yahoo to frogftsh
Well, I'm not sure if I'll be April or May... Since my first IVF cycle has ended in a bust (had my beta today), I have to wait for AF to show (stopped all of my progesterone supplements as of today) and then go on BCP again. The Dr. said that as long as AF shows in a timely manner then I should be expecting my retrieval sometime the end of April or early in May.....I'm praying on April! Our wedding anniversary is on April 29th, so that will make 3 years exactly that we've been TTC and a wonderful gift if it actually works....

March 10th, 2009, 08:16 PM
Gail, AF should come soon.... I hope it does so you can get started ASAP. It's kind of a comfort - for me, at least - to go through this with friends.

Jessy, oh that sucks so bad. I can't imagine the stress you are under. I hope they get a TON of eggs from you.

~*~ My Blog ~*~
March 12th, 2009, 12:25 PM
~April04~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to ~April04~ Send a message via MSN to ~April04~
I'll be doing IVF w/ ICSI in April!!.. I'm starting Lupron on March 30th.. have my baseline on April 15th.. and tentative ER on April 30th!

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggie!

March 16th, 2009, 09:18 AM
april : that is awesome you are starting right away!! I hope I can join you too.

Gail: I read that you got AF already I hope that you are able to do your schedule now right before your finals.

I spoke to my RE and I told them that I was suppose to be getting AF this weekend or next week, so I started bleeding Yesterday, it was pretty heavy like a regular period and I was in lots of pain. So im treating it like a period since I was pretty much expecting it. My RE's plan is for me to start BCP when i get AF and then schedule an SIS once I schedule the SIS and have it cleared, then I will stop BCP and make AF come again then start my shots!!!!!

I am hoping this all works out. I am so nervous but trying to be somewhat optomistic. My friend is due in a couple of weeks and my DH and I went yesterday to their new house to help them build all the stuff, my dH was building the crib, the bassinet, and the bouncer. I LOVED seeing my DH doing that he looked so happy. I just wish I could give him that blessing. I just dont know when my time will come or if it ever will. It's so hard to stay positive after each disappointment.

xoxoxoox

March 20th, 2009, 02:37 PM
Hey Everyone! How are all ya'll doing? I'll be starting Lupron on the 30th.

March 28th, 2009, 05:25 AM
Super Mommy
Hope you don't mind if I start this thread up again! Jessy I have followed your story silently and wish you the best and hope that you are able to proceed with IVF asap.

I wanted to introduce myself because we will be doing a FET, meds in April but transfer in May. My name is Kristin and I'm 26. DH is JD and is 35. I have an 8 yr old step-daughter too. We were married on 8-18-06 and have been TTC since 1-06. This will be our 3rd IVF cycle (1 fresh cycle, 1 FET) and this is a FET. This will hopefully be our last. I have 6 remaining embryos (5 2pn's and 1 blast). We are going to thaw all 5 2pn's and see how they go. I want to transfer all remaining embryos. My RE is willing to transfer up to 5. Just because we have had NO luck with TTC. I told him that I do NOT want to be the next octomom but I am really ready to move on to something that will actually get me closer to having a child in my arms. I have had no confirmed miscarriages or pregnancies. I want to move onto adoption but want to finish what we have started here first before we move on to something else. As far as I know there are no problems with DH or I. At our retrieval we had 24 eggs retrieved and 19 fertilized. they froze 9 2pn's and let the remaining 10 culture. Of those 10, 7 were killed by e-coli. They nicked my bowel during retrieval and that is how it got in with the embryos. Then we transferred 2. BFN! Then in Dec for our FET, we transferred 3. BFN!

My calendar is as follows: I start Lupron on 3/31 @ 10 units. My last BCP will be 4/7. I will start my E2 Valerate on 4/20 @ .3cc every Monday and Thursday. I go for blood work on 4/24 to check Estradiol(E2) levels. Have U/S on 4/28 to evaluate the lining. Embryo transfer is tentatively scheduled for 5/5. They will be thawing all 5 2pn's that we have and if all 5 are still going strong on 5/5 then they will culture them until blast stage and transfer on 5/8. If all 5 make it to blast, we will probably transfer at least 4 if not 5. But if we transfer 4 then we will re-freeze the 5th. Then my 1st beta will be on 5/18 and the 2nd on 5/20.

Most of my cycle is in April but since my transfer is in May then I will probably be hopping between April and May threads.

Hope to hear from ya'll soon!

March 29th, 2009, 07:15 PM
I'm going to start a new April IVF Thread.. since its basically April now and we should be starting!!.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search