IVF in May/June????

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC by IVF LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 18th, 2009, 03:01 PM
frogftsh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to frogftsh Send a message via Yahoo to frogftsh
Would love to connect to some other ladies who will be going through IVF in May and or June. The reason I made it a dual month thread is because I will technically be doing most of my IVF meds during the month of May. I don't have my full calendar yet, but we are planned for an early June (like around the 3rd) retrieval.

I'll start by introducing myself! I'm Gail (35), DH is Dan (31). We were married on 4/29/06 and have been trying to conceive ever since. We have had two miscarriages, and I am sure once I get pregnant again I'll be scared to death of it happening again! I'm a full time nursing student (I have this semester and the Fall semester left for my gen eds before starting clinicals) and I work part time as a bank teller.

This will be my second IVF with ICSI cycle, the first one didn't work for us I was orginally supposed to have my retrieval and transfer around the second week of May, but that falls during the week of my finals! There's no way that I could handle the stress of finals, and the stress of IVF. DH and I were afraid that the stress wouldn't give us a fair shot at the IVF cycle working, and the Dr. agreed with us that we should wait.

So there it is!

March 18th, 2009, 03:19 PM
richmond_girl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to richmond_girl
Hi Gail! I just wanted to pop in and saying I'm wishing you all the luck in the world with IVF #2!!! Good luck and I will be thinking of you often.
March 18th, 2009, 05:34 PM
Super Mommy
Hi Gail! My name is Kristin and I'm 26. DH is JD and is 35. I have an 8 yr old step-daughter too. We were married on 8-18-06 and have been TTC since 1-06. This will be our 3rd IVF cycle (1 fresh cycle, 1 FET) and this is a FET. This will hopefully be our last. I have 6 remaining embryos (5 2pn's and 1 blast). We are going to thaw all 5 2pn's and see how they go. I want to transfer all remaining embryos. My RE is willing to transfer up to 5. Just because we have had NO luck with TTC. I told him that I do not want to be the next octomom but I am really ready to move on to something that will actually get me closer to having a child in my arms. I have had no confirmed miscarriages or pregnancies. I want to move onto adoption but want to finish what we have started here first before we move on to something else. I haven't got my calendar yet but my nurse told me today that our trandfer is tenatively scheduled for May 5th. But that could be pushed out to the 8th if they want to see if they can get to the blast stage. As far as I know there are no problems with DH or I. At our retrieval we had 24 eggs retrieved and 19 fertilized. they froze 9 2pn's and let the remaining 10 culture. Of those 10, 7 were killed by e-coli. They nicked my bowel during retrieval and that is how it got in with the embryos. Then we transferred 2. BFN! Then in Dec for our FET, we transferred 3. BFN! So we shall see!!

Good luck with everything and I will keep you updated on my end!

March 18th, 2009, 05:51 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi, I'll likely be doing my 2nd IVF cycle in June, I had a failed IVF#1 that converted to IUI in February as I'm apparently a poor responder. Good luck ladies!

Marie's five kids are now 7,5,4,4 &2!
March 19th, 2009, 12:47 PM
Jessy133's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies my name is Jessy 25 and DH is 27 and some of you might know me already since ive been around a while trying to start my IVF. Well for some background. I had surgery last August to remove cysts from my ovaries and then after the all clear I was suppose to start treatment like IUI. When I went in for my check up to see how I healed from the surgery, I did heal but at the same time I had the cyst grow back to 3cm in a month and half. My doctor then decided to put me on BCP for a month to see if we could shrink the cyst and then move full on to IVF. I went in on Dec. 29 for an u/s and unfortunately, the cysts did not shrink or even stay the same it grow almost double in size. So from that point the RE said that I had to go to an oncologist to test the cysts b/c of how fast it grew.

I finally had surgery on March 13 to remove the cysts and the oncologist said that all looked ok. So I was excited hoping to start IVF in April, but my STUPID RE says that I cant start IVF until I do a SIS to make sure everything is healed from the surgery, but I can not do the SIS this cycle b/c I am to early in the surgeyr and wont be healed enough, but I am so scared that waiting 2 more months is going to let my ovaries produce more cysts and I am just going to be going in circles! I have been with my RE for a year and half and have not been able to start 1 thing! I am like so upset! I spent all day crying yesterday. My nurse tried to reassure that I will be on BCP so it will help but I am not to sure since the BCP i took in November to the end of Dec didnt help any.

So I am praying to GOD and whoever else is up there that I will not have any cysts that grow and i can start in May. I have had all my meds in the refrigerator since December! I hope I do get to go thru this process with you all and get to know all of you.

xoxoxo

March 23rd, 2009, 09:52 AM
((hugs)) Jessy

March 23rd, 2009, 10:11 AM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Jessy, that is so hard. How frustrating!! I can understand them wanting to make sure you are healed, but UGH!!! In your case waiting isn't only frustrating, it's dangerous!

Gail and Marie, I'll be following you guys!!

Who knows, if this FET doesn't work I might be cycling with you in May/June.

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
March 23rd, 2009, 10:14 AM
no way Natalie-I don't wanna see you anywhere in June but a ddc!

March 23rd, 2009, 10:14 AM
no way Natalie-I don't wanna see you anywhere in June but a ddc!

March 23rd, 2009, 10:17 AM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Me neither!! Especially since a Retrieval in June would mean a due date in March... and that's the one thing I'd like to avoid. I don't really want to walk down the exact same path again.

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
March 24th, 2009, 03:12 PM
Veteran
Hello Ladies, my name is Melanie (28) and Dh is (29). We have been marries for going on 5 yrs and have been ttc ever since. I have scare tissue in my tubes( doctor says I can get pg but it will be difficult). on t op of that my DH has low morphology. So, this brings us to IVF. We are doing our first cycle in april, matter of fact I am just waiting for AF to show up so we can get this party started!! I would love to share my ivf journey with all of you even though it is not in MAY or JUNE. I am very excited and equally scared to begin this journey. All of my friends and family seem to be more positive about than I am at times. I think I am just approaching this with caution!! I want to hope for the best, but expect the worst, is that terrible to say? i just want to try my best to not get my hopes up too high, cuz it will only be that much harder if it don't pan out. Our RE gave us a 50% chance, he said he thinks we have a really good shot the first time around. So, let our journey begin!! Thanks for listening girls! Can't wait to start seeing some big fat BFP's around here!!
March 25th, 2009, 05:13 AM
Veteran
Hey girls...my DH and I should be doing IVF in May or June...I don't know for sure yet b/c I'm wating until AF's here and then they will let me know when to start my bc.... I posted a seperate topic but is anyone else doing IVF with ICSI and TESE and assisted hatching? That's the route we are going. I'm anxious to get started but at the same time it's scary! Anyway hopefully I'll be cking in here more and let everyone know when we should be doing this so we can all support each other.
March 28th, 2009, 05:12 AM
Super Mommy
Hello Everyone!! I got my calendar and wanted to share it with you. I start Lupron on 3/31 @ 10 units. My last BCP will be 4/7. I will start my E2 Valerate on 4/20 @ .3cc every Monday and Thursday. I go for blood work on 4/24 to check Estradiol(E2) levels. Have U/S on 4/28 to evaluate the lining. Embryo transfer is tentatively scheduled for 5/5. They will be thawing all 5 2pn's that we have and if all 5 are still going strong on 5/5 then they will culture them until blast stage and transfer on 5/8. If all 5 make it to blast, we will probably transfer at least 4 if not 5. But if we transfer 4 then we will re-freeze the 5th. Then my 1st beta will be on 5/18 and the 2nd on 5/20.

I realized that most of my cycle is being done in April, so I will probably be hopping between the April thread and this thread. Hope to hear from you guys soon and hope that everything is going well.

March 29th, 2009, 04:42 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfink818 View Post
Hello Everyone!! I got my calendar and wanted to share it with you. I start Lupron on 3/31 @ 10 units. My last BCP will be 4/7. I will start my E2 Valerate on 4/20 @ .3cc every Monday and Thursday. I go for blood work on 4/24 to check Estradiol(E2) levels. Have U/S on 4/28 to evaluate the lining. Embryo transfer is tentatively scheduled for 5/5. They will be thawing all 5 2pn's that we have and if all 5 are still going strong on 5/5 then they will culture them until blast stage and transfer on 5/8. If all 5 make it to blast, we will probably transfer at least 4 if not 5. But if we transfer 4 then we will re-freeze the 5th. Then my 1st beta will be on 5/18 and the 2nd on 5/20.

I realized that most of my cycle is being done in April, so I will probably be hopping between the April thread and this thread. Hope to hear from you guys soon and hope that everything is going well.
Good Luck!!!
March 29th, 2009, 04:47 PM
Veteran
Well I think I should be starting my bc pills by this weekend. Today is day one of my cycle so that should mean that we should do everything in May I think. I have to call the dr tomorrow. When did you guys all start your bc pill after af came?
March 30th, 2009, 03:24 AM
Super Mommy
I started BCP on CD3 of my cycle. Some Re's have you start them on CD2. Not sure what the difference is?

March 30th, 2009, 05:11 AM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfink818 View Post
I started BCP on CD3 of my cycle. Some Re's have you start them on CD2. Not sure what the difference is?
Thanks for the infi I guess I will find out today!
March 30th, 2009, 11:24 PM
Veteran
Hi girls I started my BCP today. had lab work today, nurse said if my estrogen levels come back good, then i will be starting lupron next week I believe. We are on our way!!
March 31st, 2009, 01:25 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by mel star View Post
Hi girls I started my BCP today. had lab work today, nurse said if my estrogen levels come back good, then i will be starting lupron next week I believe. We are on our way!!
Good Luck!!
March 31st, 2009, 04:40 PM
Veteran
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4eyes View Post
Well I think I should be starting my bc pills by this weekend. Today is day one of my cycle so that should mean that we should do everything in May I think. I have to call the dr tomorrow. When did you guys all start your bc pill after af came?

I start my BCP on CD3... we are doing an April cycle so I think that is why. The nurse told me I will probably be taking the BCP for two weeks. I think everyone is different depending on the calender.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search