IVF in April Thread!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC by IVF LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 29th, 2009, 07:18 PM
~April04~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to ~April04~ Send a message via MSN to ~April04~
Hey Everyone! Welcome! I thought I would start a *new* April IVF Thread since it's about that time!

So tell us a bit about yourself and feel free to post away... Good Luck!

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggie!

March 29th, 2009, 07:39 PM
Well I guess I should introduce myself huh? (forgive my book haha).

I'm April (22) married to Jeff (23) since 8-26-06.. We started TTC in November 2007 (I should mention that I had a loss @ 10 weeks before I met my DH). We found out in March 08 that we were dealing with MFI (male factor infertility), but we didn't do anything with it for awhile (my DH got a SA done w/o telling me about it).. In July we had our first appt and all the initial bloodwork for me.. everything was normal.. in August, after a long cycle, I went back to the doc, got a referral to a RE and a script for another SA.

The results from that were so low there wasn't enough to count.. they guestimated at under 5 million... a repeat SA was ordered which yielded better results.. After all the initial appt's with the RE we got the plan to do Clomid (his and hers lol) with a trigger shot and IUI.. the first IUI in Oct resulted in a BFN, Jeff's count was only 357,000... Our second IUI in December once again resulted in a BFN, Jeff's count was only 950,000..

During the time between the IUI's, I got a referral for IVF (since my DH is military we're doing it through Walter Reed)... We had the orientation on Feb 3rd, 09.... at the end of Feb we got our dates..

So here's our schedule...

March 13 - Began BCP
March 30 - Begin Lupron - 20 units x1 a day
April 5 - Stop BCP
April 15 - Baseline Appt and Injectables Class
April 22 - Bloodwork & U/S
April 24 - Bloodwork & U/S & Pre-Op
April 30 - Egg Retrieval (tentative)
May 3 - 3 day transfer (tentative)
May 5 - 5 day tranfer (tentative)

Obviously I don't know the rest of my appts yet.. lol it'll depend on how I respond to the meds...

Last edited by ~April04~; March 29th, 2009 at 07:42 PM. Reason: spelling whoops
March 31st, 2009, 04:31 PM
Veteran
Hello My name is Melanie (28) and my DH is Bobby (29). We have been ttc for nearly 5 years. We went to a RE after ttc for a year with no such luck. We both had b/w and I had an hsg, which showed that my tubes are open with a small amount of scare tissue on the tips of both. Dh had a SA which showed a high count, but the shape of some are off. We did not attempt to move forward with any type of treatment at the time, due to DH job loss amongst other things. Now we have a new RE (different insurance), and he only gave us a 2% chance to concieve naturally( if I had surgery, along with IUI) He gave a 50% chance with Ivf. So, we are doing Ivf for the first time starting in a week or so. I started BCP last night, just waiting for my B/w to come back and as long as my estogen level is good then we are good to go!! I should be starting Lupron, then Follistem. As soon as I get my schedule I will be sure to post it!! Thanks for reading!!
March 31st, 2009, 09:40 PM
lissy8's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi. My name is Elissa. I am 24 and my DH is 30 and we are doing IVF this cycle. My dates are about the same as you April. I should have my retrival and transfer around the same time. My DH and I have been TTC for over two years. I found out last October that I have stage 4 endo and my only chance of a child is to do IVF. So after pulling lots of teeth trying to figure out how we were going to get it payed for...we are full steam ahead. I just had a Hysteroscopy done on Monday that showed a few polyps in my uturus which were removed at that time. I should be starting Lupron next Monday.

Thank you Mod-trishosaurus for my beautiful siggy!
April 1st, 2009, 05:27 AM
Super Mommy
Welcome Lissy! I am glad that you are able to move forward with MA and hopes that it brings you much deserved BFP!!! I'm sorry to hear about the endo but at least there are still options around the endo to still get you the child that you desire. I don't know if you remember me, but I joined JM about this time last year. Your MIL pm'd me and had lots of kind and supportive things to say. It makes things easier when family is supportive and understanding.

Well, I started Lupron yesterday and have only 1 more week of BCP. I should expect AF in about 2 weeks, so until then I don't really have anything scheduled. Which is ok, the less stress the better!! Talk to you soon!

April 1st, 2009, 08:58 AM
I had a question for all of you. At my appt. my doc told me that it was better for me to do a three day transfer and not a five day because I have endo and he said that if we wait five days then the eggs might die. Has anyone heard of this?

April 1st, 2009, 09:32 AM
Welcome Ladies!

Lissy - I've never heard of that.. I know you take a risk with going out to day 5, but as long as they're doing really well on Day 3 my doctor sees no risk with going out further.. I know all Docs are different though.

AFM - I've done 2 nights of Lupron already (take it at 7:30 every night).. the first night I had a little bit of site irritation (redness & bumps) but last night was fine.. It doesn't hurt at all, the needle is so small.

April 1st, 2009, 10:10 AM
Super Mommy
The more embies you have the longer they would like to wait before they transfer them to the uterus(sp?). Like for instance at my retrieval I had 19 total fertilized embies. They immediately froze 9 and left 10 out to "culture". They do this so that they can select THE BEST 1 or 2 to transfer. Thus getting the best result. On day 3 all 10 of my embies were doing great and were all at the same grade level- grade 1(1 best and 4 worst). Then on day 5 when they went to transfer them they told me that 7 of them had died. Mine was from e-coli which is rare but still day 3 through 5 will usually tell you which ones are best. Now if you only have say 4 or 5 embies then, they usually do a day 3 transfer, just because you don't want to risk them all dying. And of course, it all depends on the RE. Some RE's ONLY do day 3 transfers. They think that you do get better results. But there are still alot of studies and show that is can be equal to a day 5 transfer.

I hope I dod not confuse you too much!

April 1st, 2009, 10:04 PM
Thanks for the imput....I always thought day five was the best because the embies would be going to the uterus at a more natural stage in development. I guess I should just trust the docs on this one. I should start Lupron on Monday. I am kind of excited but still very nervous about if it will work or not.

April 4th, 2009, 10:46 AM
So my doc appt went well yesterday. We went over the Lupron and I should start that on Monday. I am actually starting to get a little excited. My est. transfer is the first week of May. I cant wait to join the Jan or Feb due date club. Are you ladies getting excited yet?

April 4th, 2009, 04:24 PM
I'm excited/nervous... I'm being cautiously optimistic that it'll work.. but I also don't want to get to excited in case it doesn't.. Does that make sense? lol

April 4th, 2009, 08:29 PM
Yup!! I know how you feel. Has you doc discussed with you how many embies to put back?

April 5th, 2009, 01:25 PM
They usually put back no more than 2 for someone my age, so that's what we'll probably do. We would absolutely love twins so we're hoping they would both take.

What about you? Are you getting excited to start the Lupron? It doesn't hurt at all, just don't inject it to close to your belly button (that area is more sensitive)

April 5th, 2009, 09:45 PM
We are talking about putting back three embies because of my endo. The thought of trips scares me and makes me happy at the same time. I know I am weird. I am excited to get the process going. I am not to anxious about the Lupron because my DH will be doing it for me(I dont think I can bring pain unto myself). He did my HCG injection when I was doing my IUI's so I know he can do it. I should be expecting my Lupron somewhere between seven adn three tomorrow and trust me after I do my first shot I will def. let you know how it goes. How are you doing with your shots and when is your next appt? It is exciting being IVF buddies with someone who you remember from the beginning.

April 6th, 2009, 09:55 AM
It is pretty cool to be going through this with someone I already "know"

The shots are going well, I've been giving them to myself. The needles are so tiny that I don't even feel it. Jeff will give me the HCG (he's also done that before for our IUI's )and the progesterone... but sub-q shots are easy

My next appt is on the 15th.. that'll be baseline, meet with the doc and injectables class

April 6th, 2009, 03:34 PM
Veteran
Hi Ladies, I am somewhat on the same schedule as the both of you. Yay, it feels good to have a few cycle buddies!! I posted my schedule a few days ago. We went to our injection class today, the sub-q seem like a piece of cake, now the needle for the HCG is a little scary! Dh is goin to give them to me for the most part, my next appt is this coming sat for U/S and B/W. If everything looks ok, I will start lupron that night. I am cautiously excited! I know exactly how you both feel! Hope for the best, possibly expect the worst. I am just goin to take one day at a time!!
April 6th, 2009, 08:18 PM
First off I wanted to say welcome Mel Star. I did my first shot tonight and it ws a piece of cake. Of course my DH gave me the shot....I am still kind a scared to do it myself. I have my next appt on Thursday the 16th and if all goes well I will be starting all of my meds.

April 7th, 2009, 10:01 AM
Welcome Mel Star! The Lupron is no biggie at all.. the HCG shot is not bad either.. I've heard the PIO is horrible, but I haven't taken it yet..

How are ya'll feeling? I have a little bit of bloating already lol

April 7th, 2009, 05:29 PM
Haha mee too. I feel like I am going to expload today. I have only taken two lupron shots and AF wont be coming for at least five days.

April 9th, 2009, 11:55 AM
How are ya'll doing?

Less than a week to my baseline (yours too Elissa right?). Getting pretty excited about that.. eep!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search