IVF in Aug/September??

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC by IVF LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 29th, 2009, 08:01 PM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Anyone else going to cycle around those months? Im pretty sure hubby and I will start our cycle in August with retrieval/transfer in September. This will be our 3rd IVF cycle.

June 19th, 2009, 08:52 PM
Jessie0505's Avatar Finally a Mommy!
hello! i was lurking and i found your post! Dh and i are hoping to be doing our first cycle of ivf in aug/sept time frame!! im soo excited!!

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my awesome perfect siggy!!
June 20th, 2009, 07:15 AM
Kellica's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm in the middle of mine right now! I just wanted to wish you good luck and I'll be keeping tabs on you!
June 20th, 2009, 12:40 PM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That will be me. I'll be starting stims around August 20th (hopefully), with retrieval transfer/ the very beginning of Sept.... just in time for my birthday.

This will be my fifth stims cycle. I am SO not thrilled about this.

I'll also hopefully be doing acupuncture during this cycle... never done it before, but I'm just at that point where I will try *anything*.

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
June 20th, 2009, 04:50 PM
Hey ladies. finally some action on my thread

Jessie feel free to ask away. this will be my 3rd Ivf cycle. welcome to the ride.

Natalie I've tried acupuncture before and its actually really relaxing. Ive read a few studies that show women who have it done the day of transfer and the day after transfer have a 65% of getting a bfp. Im going to have it done this cycle as well.

Well I got my dates and I'll be one of the last to go through it it seems. retrieval end of Sept Transfer 1st week of October.

Not sure of my protocol yet...RE is still coming up with a plan of attack so to speak.

Good luck ladies.

June 22nd, 2009, 12:19 PM
thanks Christin! you might regret saying that lol!!

June 22nd, 2009, 05:42 PM
Well it looks like I might be joining you ladies after all. Seems I have over stimmulated as my E2 today was 8800!! Yes, that is not a typo, 8800! My u/s today also showed atleast 20 follies on each ovary, the dr stopped counting after that. My RE is now coasting me to see if my level drops to 3000 before he will trigger me. I doubt that will happen! He said my health and well-being comes first. So I will wait for AF then go on BCP and he said my ovaries need time to calm back down and that will bring me to Aug/Sept. I can't believe this happened and neither can he for me being a 40 yo woman. My protocol for the next IVF will be cut in half!

Christin2084 - Had this ever happened to you, as I know you've done this before?
June 22nd, 2009, 05:45 PM
oh wow that is a high E2!! Do you have PCOS?? Ive only seen that happen in women with pcos... how many units were you on each night?!!

the highest I got to was a little over 3600 on day 9 and I triggered that night.

June 23rd, 2009, 07:12 AM
Not been diagnosed with PCOS. Just unexpected results based on my age. My dr can't believe that a woman my age (I'm only 40, not 80!) could produce that many follies. Day1 was 450 follistim, day2 450 follistim, day3 225 follistim with 1 vial menapur, day4 they lowered my dose based on e2 reults to 150 follistim, day5 lowered again to 25 follistim, day6 25 follistim, day7 only 1 vial menapur, now they are coasting me. I think this cycle is a bust!
June 23rd, 2009, 09:18 AM
Gail, it just sucks!! *Normally* women at 40 just don't respond like that... but of course not many people I know are normal, lol. What dose were you on?

~*~ My Blog ~*~
June 23rd, 2009, 10:44 AM
Natalie - Day1 was 450 follistim, day2 450 follistim, day3 225 follistim with 1 vial menapur, day4 they lowered my dose based on e2 reults to 150 follistim, day5 lowered again to 25 follistim, day6 25 follistim, day7 only 1 vial menapur
June 23rd, 2009, 11:39 AM
Ohhh yeah, those are some high dosages. Yikes yikes. I sure hope next time they take it more slowly and can get your follicles where they want them.

~*~ My Blog ~*~
June 24th, 2009, 10:56 AM
Well I just found out that the Aug/Sept cycle for me starts on the 20th of Aug starting with the Lupron shots. Retrievals and transfers are scheduled for around mid to end of Sept. Seems like it's so far away!

Sooooooo, what's everyone going to do in the meantime? My girls last day of school was yesterday, so I'd like to make the most of the summer with them and do day trips now and go to the beach house alot. You know, because next summer we'll be talking to each other with babies in our arms, changing and feeding them!!!!!!!
June 24th, 2009, 03:36 PM
im hoping to take a weekend vaca with hubby soon. we are having a 4th of july party so thats keeping me busy right now.

June 25th, 2009, 04:11 PM
It does feel like so far away. I just hate the waiting between cycles.

I'm going to visit my best friend in a couple of weeks. And I am *trying* get enrolled in a summer course to keep me busy. Plus work and stuff. And my gardens.

~*~ My Blog ~*~
June 25th, 2009, 11:49 PM
well dh and i are going out of town for a family reunion and then we will be moving a couple weeks later..then i should be starting my bc pills..ooh i hope it goes fast..i bet you guys are just as anxious as me!! i hate how everything is hurry up and wait..grr!!

June 26th, 2009, 05:36 AM
Oh yeah, I am trying to throw myself into hobbies to make the time go faster. I'm so sick of waiting!!!!

~*~ My Blog ~*~
June 26th, 2009, 06:11 AM
We should get a zillion gold stars just for the patience we have from waiting throughout this whole ttc process!!!

I'm glad to see that we have atleast 4 cycle buddies. Does anyone have there calendars yet? I think my RE gave me mine out of pitty for me because of what happened. My Lupron shots start on Aug 20 for 12 days then the follistim starts Sept 1st. I start bcp whenever I get AF, which hopefully will be in about 2 weeks. I should know more about that when I have my E2 checked on Tuesday. I hope it nosedived!!
June 26th, 2009, 06:12 AM
nope not yet.... i might be switching RE's so I have no idea what the future is going to hold for us!!

June 26th, 2009, 02:05 PM
frogftsh's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to frogftsh Send a message via Yahoo to frogftsh
Looks like we will be doing our third cycle around this time frame too. Our second cycle didn't work either, so it looks like we're on to the next.... We have to go through the preauthorization through the insurance company again and hopefully the third time will be a charm. We have three frosties, but are planning on doing another fresh cycle instead (since hopefully insurance will be covering it, we'll save FET cycles for when we have to pay out of pocket!).

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search