Anyone do IVF with PGD?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC by IVF LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 21st, 2009, 06:59 PM
Kobain's Mommy's Avatar Future A&M Aggies Mommy
We found out DH has a chromosomal defect. We are waiting to see a geneticist but that won't be till August, hoping to get on a cancellation list. The RE mentioned the possibility of IVF with PGD. I've been trying to look up information on it but not finding much.

made by BAM

June 22nd, 2009, 05:44 PM
Kellica's Avatar Super Mommy
I was planning on doing that this cycle, but it looks like my cycle will be canceled due to hyper-stimmulation. We were only going to do it based on my age. I am 40.
June 22nd, 2009, 06:14 PM
If you don't mind me asking how much over the IVF did it cost? Our clinic doesn't do it and the RE wasn't sure about the estimate cost she gave us.

made by BAM

June 23rd, 2009, 07:08 AM
Insurance doesn't cover it. It will cost me $2650.00 ($300 is for shipping). There are different tests too depending on what you want checked. This one is the basic that tests I think for 13 different chromosonal(sp) deformaties plus gender if I want, which I dont. Once they retrieve your eggs, they take 1 cell from each egg and send it to the lab. They let you know the results by day 5 if any or all the eggs are normal or not. The cost is for all the eggs to be analized, not per egg.
June 23rd, 2009, 08:17 AM
We know it's he's #12 chromosome, so that's all they'll have to check for. That's a LOT less than when our RE thought. But then again she said she didn't know a whole lot about it and the costs, as their office has only done it once before.

made by BAM

June 23rd, 2009, 05:34 PM
I hope you can go to someone who has done it before so you can feel more at ease when they remove a cell from each egg. Looks like you will have some research to do! I could try to see what lab my RE uses if you like so maybe you can call them. Let me know!
June 23rd, 2009, 08:18 PM
If we end up doing the IFV it won't be at this clinic. We decided we'll end up going down to Texas to the Military Medical Facility down there that does IVF. We go to a Genetic Dr tomorrow to find out more what is going on. If we decide to go IVF the RE is going to call the hospital to see if they can do the PGD, which she said she doesn't see why they couldn't.

made by BAM

June 24th, 2009, 07:08 AM
I hope everything works out for you. Do know if you do decide to do IVF when it would be?
June 24th, 2009, 08:19 AM
Not yet. After the Apt to day I've got to make and apt with the RE in about two weeks to give us time to talk things through and make a decision. If we decide the IVF she'll have to get us on the waiting list for the hospital. It most likely won't be till next summer since I have summers off and we were planning on going down there for DH's class reunion (he's from TX).

made by BAM

June 24th, 2009, 10:48 AM
Wow, that sounds like a long wait, but you sound strong enough to handle it. My IVF cycle was just canceled due to hyper-stimmulation and now I have to wait until Sept to do it again and I thought that was too far away for me!! Will you still ttc in the meantime on your own or with ma if you decide to wait for the IVF? I hope the appt today goes well. Keep me posted on what happens! Good Luck!
June 24th, 2009, 09:52 PM
Well the Geneticist have us a lot of hope today. We have a 50%+ chance of having a normal healthy child 3-5% chance of a physically or mentally disabled child. But she said she sees no reason why we couldn't do it on our own if we wanted to keep trying. We would have a bit of a higher chance of miscarriage but I was just DXed with thyroid problems and glucose intolerance which both can cause miscarriages. I've been put on meds for both. She did say that IVF with PGD would be another option to make sure that the child would be normal genetically or balanced genetically (DH is balanced).
We decided to start saving for the IVF with PGD but to keep trying with MA. We'd like to do the timed BDing till October and maybe move to IUI after that.

made by BAM

June 25th, 2009, 10:09 AM
Sounds like you had a great visit and an even better plan! I'm very happy for you. I have hypopthyroidism for 20 yrs and it never caused me any problems with pregnancy as long as I took my medicine. Im on Levothroid. I am also a Type 1 insulin dependant diabetic for 26 years and was in supurb control during my pregnancies. You have nothing to worry about if you are. So what will the ma be and when?
June 25th, 2009, 11:26 AM
I started Levothroid last Saturday and been on Metformin for going on two weeks. On Monday I'll be bumped up to 1500mg where my RE wanted me to be at. Tuesday we'll meet with the RE again and discuss what the geneticist found. Then we'll be talking about the plan DH and I talked about.
For now I'd like to say keep with the 50mg Clomid, HCG and timed BDing.

made by BAM

June 26th, 2009, 06:15 AM
Please keep me posted as to how your next visit goes. I hope you don't have to go the IVF route and that YOUR plan works the first time! Good Luck!
June 26th, 2009, 08:16 AM
I will do. DH and I both don't really want to have to do that unless we really have to.

made by BAM

June 26th, 2009, 09:11 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
I am not 100% sure, but I think the only MTF that does PGD is Womack at Ft. Bragg. Their listed cost for the PGD is $3000 for single-gene testing.

I hope you get that BFP soon so you don't even have to worry about IVF!!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

June 27th, 2009, 07:16 PM
Our RE was going to contact and see if they could send it or such but I guess if it came to it, we'd have to go to the one we'd have to. She was saying TX because she knows DH's family is from there and we'd end up staying with them. I just hope we don't have to hit that point.

I didn't trigger this cycle with the Clomid since the RE didn't even want us to try after finding out about the translational. So I'm waiting to O, which I hope is soon.

made by BAM

June 27th, 2009, 09:27 PM
Jessie0505's Avatar Finally a Mommy!
okay..i dont mean to nose into anything...im sorry i saw this post and noticed that you, Londyn or Ryans mommy were mentioning going to Wilford Hall to do ivf..well i just want to let you know..i have just recently dealt with them and honestly its not a pretty picture. The situation is that they are only accepting tricare south at this time and they told me this after i put my referral in because they only accept referrals at certain times. Then if they accept your referral you get put on a referrral list..then they will call you and schedule you to go to an orientation like thing and then they will put you on another list..one of the ivf coordinators called me and said it could take up to two years after you get your referral in (they didnt accept mine) anyway..i dont mean to bust your bubble..its just they caused me alot i mean alot of heartache! So after it all we decided to just go with our RE. I really wanted to do it there because they do icsi and its only 4500 and we are from there as well. Either way..i wish you the best of luck on your journey and i hope you get your bfp soon!! take care!

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my awesome perfect siggy!!

Last edited by Jessie0505; June 27th, 2009 at 09:29 PM.
June 27th, 2009, 09:58 PM
According to our RE she's done 4 referrals to there recently and all were accepted. Everything is pending on what we discuss with the RE on Tuesday. I do know we couldn't to IVF through our RE it's way to expensive at the clinic. She told us it's $15,000 before the meds and PGD.

made by BAM

June 28th, 2009, 04:09 PM
Jessie0505's Avatar Finally a Mommy!
Did tricare accept them? Mine was approved by tricare but wilford hall wouldnt take it. If they accept it..wilford hall will call you and schedule you. Its 4500 there with free meds, so soo many people wanna do it! I hope you do get accepted..if you go other places it can get really expensive..we have decided to just go with our RE with military discount everything will be about 12,000..but i really pray you get to go to wilford hall..they have awsome success rates!! Again..i dont mean to let you down..i just wanted to let you know my experience though..because i cried for days with because of what happened!! but good luck either way!!

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my awesome perfect siggy!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search