Hey, Beautiful Ladies... What should I expect in the next couple of months?

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC by IVF LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 27th, 2009, 05:27 PM
Veteran
Thank you so much for your support, all of you. And hello! I will support you back!

My name is Betsy and I live in Brooklyn, NYC. 38 years old. Been trying for a long time and recently found out my husband and I are fertility challenged.

IVF is my only option now. I have an amazing OB/GYN and Reproductive Endochronologist (spelling, ugh!) I adore them both. If you life in NYC and need to see some amazing doctors, let me know and I will furnish their numbers.

Anyway. I was scared about IVF when I first heard about it because I had not thought about it prior to my many test results. But now? I am looking at it as an adventure. One big adventure...

My Repro Endo is going on vacay for the next two weeks and my husband and I are meeting him on Friday, July 17th. He will talk to both of us about what to expect and how to get started.

So I am truly a beginner at this.

My next few questions are two-fold. Would anyone like to go through this process with me? Someone also new and nervous and excited and well...feeling blessed that this opportunity could work?

And my other question is to the more experienced ladies. What must someone like I expect? Does IVF work in a few months? Should I eat certain foods?

I have a wonderful chiropractor in NYC and I am going to continue to go to him during this process. If anyone wants him numbers. Whatever can help, you know?

Hope all well with all of you. And from the bottom of my Brooklyn heart, I wish you ALL the love and luck in the world. It's been an emotional ride for me so I imagine it's the same for you, too.

xo Betsy

Last edited by Betsyusa; June 27th, 2009 at 05:36 PM.
June 27th, 2009, 09:17 PM
Jessie0505's Avatar Finally a Mommy!
Girl!! i dont live in nyc..but i found out the very same thing..that ivf with icsi is my only hope!! I just met with my ivf coordinator because im soo clueless about it all..and i was the same way..when i found out i cried and i was in denial..i thought my re was crazy..well now im soo excited about it all and i have high hopes for it all..so im right there with ya..im excited yet nervous! But i guess after 2 years of ttc..im just willing to try anything..but i do have to say since i joined this board these girls have been soo wonderful..i look forward to this journey with you!
Oh ya...when are you going to start your bc pills? or actually when are you going to start it all??? we will be in mid aug i cant wait!! well sorry this is soo long..good luck!!

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my awesome perfect siggy!!
June 27th, 2009, 09:47 PM
Veteran
Aw, Jessie , great to hear from you!

I have been on birth control for two months now. I had to go on them because I had an ovarian cyst that was out of control and the bc pills helped to shrink it and induce a period cycle of 28 days. I am told I have endometriosis and slight Pcos. Which may be why I was a cyst magnet for many months. One would go away and another would show up. I had no idea and would have continued to live with the cramping, had I not been interested in conceiving. Thank god for the invasive exams and months of tests. I am now cyst free and aware of my body's insides.

I was sad when I heard about IVF. Or, really....just emotional. And I am a rational and calm woman by nature. I'd like to think so, heh! But I guess I was emotional because I knew so little about it. When I was told there were fertility problems after the last and final test result came in, I wasn't surprised. But hearing the word, "IVF" was shocking because I just didn't do enough research. It's like running a year long race, reaching the finish line, and being told, "Although you are done? You actually have to line up over here for a bit longer to get the medal. You can't sit and you can have a little sip of water only" All the while you are watching the others cross the finish line and get the medal right away and some gatorade. You go from thinking, "These tests are a pain in the *** but I am doing them so I can have a baby..." to thinking, "The tests are done and no baby?"

Truth is? It took me about an hour to realize it's a blessing. IVF is a gift and an honor we are so lucky to have as a resource. Sure, it seems to involve a lot more work but the emotions are the same. Whether or not I am trying for more and more months during what I would thing was ovulation - or going the process of IVF...my hope will still be there. I will have hope no matter what means necessary to get there.

So, yes...it's nice to hear from you. Sounds like your reaction was similar to mine. I think it's going to be exciting. I am going to say to myself, every time I go in to my doctor, "I am making my child today..." Instead of, "Why me?!"

I am so excited you are doing this, too. I am excited for all of us. I really, really am.

xo Betsy
June 28th, 2009, 03:44 AM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi and Welcome!!!

This is my 3rd ivf cycle. Most likely I will be on the long lupron and I would think since you have pcos you will be on something very similar. they like to take pcos patients very slowly through ivf to avoid hyperstimming.

It takes about 2 months start to finish for me. Right now I will go on BC in August, stims end of Sept with a transfer 1st week of october.

Extra things Im doing for my IVF are taking extra Antioxidants like C0q10,Maca and Royal Jelly with Bee Pollen. All of these are natural ways to improve egg quality. Lots of REs will tell you not to take anything while stimming so to each their own..I know lots of women who have taken this and came out with great embryos. Im also seeing an acupuncturist again.

The best advice i can give is try not to get caught up in numbers. Everyone responds differently and comparing yourself to another person will only drive you nuts and add stress during a time your body is already stressed to the max with the stim drugs.

IVF is a wild ride and very emotional. Good luck and welcome to the group, there are great ladies on this board!

Expecting Vivienne Monroe!
14dpo 311!
18dpo 2440!

Last edited by *CAMM*; June 28th, 2009 at 03:46 AM.
June 28th, 2009, 04:16 PM
Jessie0505's Avatar Finally a Mommy!
Well we are all in this together and it will be an exciting adventure and i cant wait till we are all i mean all in the ddc together!! Its very nice to meet you!!

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my awesome perfect siggy!!
June 29th, 2009, 11:42 AM
Veteran
Hmmm. How does one know if they are hyper stimming? Do you feel it or is it only something a doctor can tell you? Just curious.

And, um...embarrassed, but what is hyperstimming? Is that when you create more eggs than one should?

Thanks! B

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search