ER for IVF and IUI on same day

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC by IVF LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 20th, 2009, 05:44 PM
hi all,
i was just wondering if anyone has heard of this before? I went in today for my ER for ivf. They had seen 5 or 6 follicles with U/S prior to today. Out of these 5 or 6 only 2 were retrieved today. the dr said there was a lot of fluid coming from the folicles but he only got 2 eggs. apparently he had a hard time getting the eggs out and he wasn't sure if there were still any in there so afterwards he did an iui on me with the left over sperm. i asked if the eggs were good and he said he couldnt tell and that we wouldnt know any more until they call me tomorrow afternoon to let me know if they did in fact fertilize. i am so sad and nervous that the eggs arent going to fertilize and i can't believe there were only 2. i know it only takes one but if they werent mature then they wont fertilize correct? any thoughts or advice to put my mind at ease at all?
thanks so much
sar
August 21st, 2009, 06:56 AM
Jessie0505's Avatar Finally a Mommy!
hmm..i have never heard of that before..im still new to the whole ivf thing so sorry im not much help! i wish you the best of luck!! hugs!!

Thank You Jaidynsmum for my awesome perfect siggy!!
August 21st, 2009, 09:14 AM
Hi Jessie,
Thank you for getting back to me. I have not either but what can you do. i got a call this morning that both of my eggs fertilized and i will go back tomorrow for the transfer! hopefully they are good, fingers crossed. good luck with your procedures as well! hugs to you too!!
sarah
August 21st, 2009, 09:30 AM
Super Mommy
Oh wow, I've never heard of this. Also, I know most Dr's usually transfer 3-5 days after retrieval.

I know that my RE will retrieve all of the follicles regardless of the size. And he likes to transfer them on Day 5.

Congrats on the 2 eggs fertilizing! Please keep us posted on how you are doing!

3 failed fresh IVFs, 1 failed FET
Surprise BFP in 12/10 after acupuncture & herbs!!
1 beautiful, perfect daughterl!

August 21st, 2009, 10:22 AM
thanks ttb1105,
i am so nervous i just hope it works! are you doing ivf as well for the first time? i will keep you in my thoughts as well!
sar
August 21st, 2009, 01:06 PM
Super Mommy
I hope that it works for you too, sar! Yes, it is my first IVF, so I certainly know all about being nervous.

3 failed fresh IVFs, 1 failed FET
Surprise BFP in 12/10 after acupuncture & herbs!!
1 beautiful, perfect daughterl!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search