October/November IVF!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC by IVF LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 24th, 2009, 02:10 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
I can't believe I'm actually posting in this section...it is all still a little overwhelming! Anyone else planning an IVF cycle for October/November? I know it is early, but I'd love to get a group together so we can support each other as we get started on this journey. Hopefully we will all have a BFP to be thankful for this Thanksgiving

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

August 25th, 2009, 06:49 AM
Hopingfor1soon's Avatar Expecting a Miracle!
Send a message via MSN to Hopingfor1soon Send a message via Yahoo to Hopingfor1soon
YAY!!! I am so happy for you!!! For one I know you will be getting your BFP VERY soon now, and second I have a my first IVF cycle buddy now!!! Did they give you a date for starting your meds yet? I am getting nervous for that, but I have quite a while to prepare myself still. So July/August 2010 DDC/babies here we come???

August 25th, 2009, 09:59 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Yay for cycle buddies!! No, I don't have a start date for meds yet...when I start BCP (Sept. 9-ish) then I'll get my calendar with all our appointments and meds and everything.

Yes, I am completely ready for a summer baby! It seems crazy to think that a year from now we'll hopefully both be at home with our little ones

Melissa & DH

August 25th, 2009, 03:07 PM
adnelg775's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
It is my plan to do IVF in November, but right now I am feeling a bit overwhelmed with the paperwork, the switching doctors, refund programs, etc etc... So I hope I will still be in for it.

August 25th, 2009, 06:06 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Welcome to the group! I should get my packet of paperwork in the mail tomorrow, so I guess the fun will start then! It does seem overwhelming to be doing this, but I think the results will be completely worth it.

Melissa & DH

August 26th, 2009, 07:08 AM
Send a message via MSN to Hopingfor1soon Send a message via Yahoo to Hopingfor1soon
WELCOME!!!!

I agree it is a bit scary at first!! I think have had enough time to relax about it though and now I am truly just excited. I think my nerves have settled for now.

So with that being said what are your guys' greatest fears with IVF???

August 26th, 2009, 08:26 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Yeah, I am glad that we have a few weeks to just relax and get ready for this...I don't think I could be calm enough if we were doing it at the last minute!

My greatest fear is them finding out that something is wrong with my eggs. Everything else has been tested, and we really don't know why I haven't gotten pregnant yet. What if my eggs are just rotten? That scares the living daylights out of me!

Another side question...are you guys telling people IRL that you are doing IVF and when?

Melissa & DH

August 26th, 2009, 09:28 AM
Well as far as telling people in RL....there are a few. Obviously my boss and Team Lead are aware of what is happening. My Team Lead tried for over two years to have her little one so she is very understanding.

Also, I have decided to tell my mother simply because she is going to go with me to the appointments that DH cant make. Our RE is a 4 hour drive one way so there is ALOT of travel time. Other than that I havent told anyone yet. I am considering telling my good friend at work and maybe my aunt, but I am really hesitant about it. I am not 100% sure how they will react.

DH has also told some people at his job, but thats it. I just dont want to tell too many people because I think that will add to the stress when it comes time for transfer and testing dates. I dont want to add anymore stress than I will already have since I have very HIGH hopes for this...no need to jeopardize it!!

What about you guys?

August 26th, 2009, 01:41 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
That's exactly what I was thinking. My boss knows since I'll be taking time off of work even more than usual. Other than that, I'm not sure we'll tell anyone.

When we first started doing our IUIs, I kept people up to date on everything, and it got to be WAY too stressful. I'd get done with an appointment, and I'd have 5-10 text messages/voicemails waiting for me asking me how it went. I was touched that people cared, but when I had bad news like a cancelled cycle, it was too much to have to think about disappointing that many people.

Our families know we are headed towards IVF, but I think we'll just talk about it generally, like "someday, when we do our IVF cycle."

Melissa & DH

August 26th, 2009, 08:13 PM
Can someone explain IVF a litle more to me?
August 27th, 2009, 06:07 AM
Sure what type of stuff would you like to know? A VERY quick summary would be IVF is a procedure that involves the woman taking fertility meds to stimulate her ovaries to produce multiple eggs. Once the eggs are mature you will go into the clinic where the man will produce a semen sample used to fertilize the eggs. At the same appointment the Dr. will remove the eggs from the womans ovaries. After this the eggs are fertilized through ICSI or in a perty dish. typically 3-5 days later a transfer is done. At this appointment the embryos are tranfered directly back into the womans uterus for implantation.

Sorry that is a VERY SHORT discription. Go ahead and ask any questions you have and we will be happy to TRY and answer them!

August 27th, 2009, 06:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMH View Post
That's exactly what I was thinking. My boss knows since I'll be taking time off of work even more than usual. Other than that, I'm not sure we'll tell anyone.

When we first started doing our IUIs, I kept people up to date on everything, and it got to be WAY too stressful. I'd get done with an appointment, and I'd have 5-10 text messages/voicemails waiting for me asking me how it went. I was touched that people cared, but when I had bad news like a cancelled cycle, it was too much to have to think about disappointing that many people.

Our families know we are headed towards IVF, but I think we'll just talk about it generally, like "someday, when we do our IVF cycle."
I completely know what you mean. It was too disappointing to see everyone else upset about our failed cycles let alone us too....So any update on when you are starting BCP?? I am starting to spot now too!!!!

August 27th, 2009, 07:29 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
I'm still waiting on a call back from my RE...I didn't call yesterday until he had left the office. I'll keep you posted, though!

Melissa & DH

August 27th, 2009, 03:16 PM
Melissa any word?? I am still just lightly spotting so we will see what happens....I just counted and I only have about 10 weeks until my TRANSFER!!! I start Stims in 8 weeks!!! OMG when we first got our plan it was 16 weeks to transfer 14 to Stims.....time is FLYING!!!

August 27th, 2009, 04:07 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
I talked to my IVF Coordinator this morning! She said to count yesterday as CD1 since I had a full flow after spotting for several days. I shouldn't get AF for 2 more weeks, but I guess going off of all the Clomid and HCG has my body really confused. I'm not sure it matters as nothing we do will be "natural" from here on out!

Anyhow, she said she put together the IVF Calendar for me and call me back in the morning. I'll definitely know much more then, and I can start counting down with you!

So, in 12 weeks you'll be pregnant?!?

Melissa & DH

August 27th, 2009, 07:52 PM
OMG...seeing the whole pregnant in 12 weeks just about made me cry!!! AHHH....both of us will be pregnant in November!!! You realize now your probably stuck with me for life dont you? haha

August 27th, 2009, 08:34 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
That's cool...we can co-host our playroom for the next 10 years

Melissa & DH

August 28th, 2009, 12:40 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Official start date/baseline u/s on October 24! Alicia, I will be right behind you. I still don't have all my dates...my IVF Coordinator is still working on that, but at least I can put one date on the calendar to look forward to. BCP starts tomorrow!

Melissa & DH

August 28th, 2009, 03:38 PM
Ahh....I am super excited for you!!! You will literally be RIGHT behind me for a start date!! Then its all up to our bodies...I went and did a due date calculator for IVF based off of my estimated retreival date.....I will be due right around July 27, 2010!!! This year at that time I was at a state fair concert!! HAHA
Great news though....Heres the calculator I used....
ivf due date calculator

Oh and it looks as though my spotting has stopped so I will still be a ways behind you in starting BCP....

August 28th, 2009, 05:59 PM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
Ooh, I'll have to go do that calendar. I used a different one (guessing my retrieval will be Nov. 5) and it gives me a due date of July 29! If you go to Pregnancy Calendar at www.whenmybaby.com, it will give you a calendar that tells you how far along you are every day.

I just opened the big packet of consent forms and whatnot from my RE...boy there's a lot of stuff to read! I guess that will be one of my weekend projects

Melissa & DH

Last edited by KMH; August 28th, 2009 at 06:02 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search