Funny stories from retrieval meds

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC by IVF LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 26th, 2009, 08:30 AM
Super Mommy
Right before I went in for retrieval, the nurse told me and DH that the meds they were going to give to knock me out will cause short term memory loss and to not be alarmed if I repeated what I said and asked questions multiple times.

Last night DH and I laughed about my behavior while in recovery. I was amused to find out that not only did I keep asking DH how many eggs they retrieved, apparently when the RE came in and told me, he turned right back around and asked me if I knew how many he got and I gave him a glazed look! LOL

DH also told me that after the procedure, the RE woke me and told me to move over on the cart to wheel me back to recovery. He said that he could see that my brain was thinking what I needed to do, but my arms and legs weren't doing it. RE and nurse had to help me. LOL

Do you have any funny stories to tell?

3 failed fresh IVFs, 1 failed FET
Surprise BFP in 12/10 after acupuncture & herbs!!
1 beautiful, perfect daughterl!

August 26th, 2009, 03:07 PM
Veteran
THAT is funny! I woke up and said, "I am so out of it, did I drunk dial Brad Pitt?"
September 29th, 2009, 10:19 AM
Bayamount
oh boy those scare me!!! i was told by the doc that dh will be assisting to keep from dancing on the table... embarassing :s
December 6th, 2009, 11:28 PM
Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy's Avatar Proud mom of Leiland
Send a message via AIM to Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy
lol the dr told me i will start to get sleepy in a few minutes and it wasn't even 20 seconds later i was out. Then when I came in the recovery room, I rolled over onto my side and curled up to be comfortable.

December 7th, 2009, 02:45 AM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't think I have any funny stories from retrieval, I guess the meds just don't affect me in the same way - I'm out pretty quickly and then I fight to wake up afterwards because I want info. lol

However, when I went in for my first laparoscopy I was laying in the pre-op area for the longest time, waiting. DH was with me. When they came to wheel me to the OR they put something in my IV, but it wasn't the stuff that knocks you out cold right away. They warned me I would start to feel loopy, and oh boy did I! As they're wheeling me down the hall in the hospital, everything floaty and happy and the hall is moving past me really funny and I said, "WHEEEEEEEEE!!!!" The nurses and my DH cracked up!

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search