November/December IVF

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC by IVF LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 15th, 2009, 04:13 PM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
Decided to get a thread going for us. I was supposed to be having December IVF but since AF came a bit early I think it will be happening in late November instead. I am on CD4. I have done two gonal-F injections and had one ultrasound so far. I get another ultrasound and some bloodwork tomorrow. I am assuming that I will be getting this E2 level I keep hearing about. So far all I have had checked was my FSH levels.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
November 15th, 2009, 07:19 PM
adamsgirl
My retrieval and transfer isn't until the week of Dec. 13, but it's my first time, so having somebody to talk to about things would be awesome!

When are your retrieval and transfer scheduled for?

I am going for my FSH level check on Tuesday. I am PRAYING I don't get any more bad news and this IVF cycle can go smoothly. However, so far in ttc NOTHING has been smooth so I don't expect anything other than rocks and bumps. I think I will be starting Lupron injections on Thanksgiving and that will be the official start of my IVF cycle.
November 16th, 2009, 07:45 AM
Well it looks like I am not going to be having my IVF until next cycle. Today's ultrasound didn't go well. I have to take bcp for the next few 18 days and then hopefully I will get to have IVF my next cycle in December. I think mine will be a week after yours if all goes according to plan. I guess I will have to wait and see.

I am glad to have some other girls going through this for the first time with me.

November 16th, 2009, 06:13 PM
adamsgirl
sorry about the cycle getting canceled I'm sure with the holidays coming up it will fly by though and you'll be starting before you know it!

I hope everything goes well and Dec. is both of our lucky months!!

I got my bloodwork done today and started BCP today. I'm not sure what my body's gonna think of that since it's CD 2 for me and now I'm telling it to stop what it's doing. I was on BCP for like 8 years and never had any problems, so hopefully my body will pick up and do what the BCP want it to do. I go 11/27 for my mock transfer and get instructions on how to do the injections. We also have to pick donor sperm in time to have it shipped to the clinic by Dec. 4 which doesn't give us much time at all, esp. since the nurse didn't email me the donor websites to start looking through yet. We have like 2 weeks with Thanksgiving thrown in there, I don't want the donor decision to be a last minute thing!!

It feels like this is all happening so fast, even though we've been trying for 13 months now, LOL!
November 19th, 2009, 05:12 PM
Hi All....
I will be starting my stim. injections tomorrow. I'm new to this but wanted to drop a line and say hello.
November 19th, 2009, 05:20 PM
Hey, glad to have another gal in our thread. How exciting! I am still waiting to finish up my bcp so I have at least a couple more weeks.

November 20th, 2009, 06:34 AM
adamsgirl
Hi KapielazLuv!

I am also on BCP right now, I have a mock transfer scheduled for next Friday and will be starting injections that day. Good luck to you and I'm glad to have you here!

Patty, do you know when your last BCP will be?
November 20th, 2009, 06:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Just wanted to pop in and wish all of you good luck! I hope we have lots of December and January BFPs in here!!

September 2009 IVF - BFN; November IVF -Ec topic Pregnancy; May 2010- IVF cycle- BFN,
July 2010 IVF cycle: BFP - m/c induced at 8 weeks because of no heartbeat
March 2011 IVF: BFP!!!
November 20th, 2009, 08:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamsgirl View Post
Hi KapielazLuv!

I am also on BCP right now, I have a mock transfer scheduled for next Friday and will be starting injections that day. Good luck to you and I'm glad to have you here!

Patty, do you know when your last BCP will be?
I will take my last bcp on Dec 3. I am really nervous that AF won't show in time or that something will happen and I will get halfway through my cycle and it will have to be canceled. They take some time off for the Christmas holiday so I know I am cutting it close to be able to get things done in December. I am going to have a big talk with them before I get started to see how close I am cutting it. If there is a risk of my cycle being canceled I would rather just wait. This whole process is just making me anxious.

November 20th, 2009, 09:49 AM
adamsgirl
I know how you feel! I was on BCP for like 8 years and when I got married went off of them. Everything was normal then, I had no delays on AF or O, but I am terrified that this time it will take like 3 weeks for AF to come or something!! The last week in Dec. my Dr. does IVF is the 13th which is the week I am scheduled for. So, my body had better listen to the Dr. and do what it's supposed to. I've already met my deductible for my insurance so IVF will be about $1500 cheaper doing it in Dec. than if we wait until Jan. Which is why we are rushing to get in last minute.

Thanks Addie for the BFP wishes! I hope to hear about yours in couple weeks!!
November 21st, 2009, 08:04 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Even if AF doesn't show after coming off bcp, the main thing they are looking for is that your E2 has been properly suppresed. So my RE said that even if AF didn't show, they take your blood work and you can still be in the clear to start a cycle. Both times for me, AF didn't show, got the blood work giving me the all clear, and then the next day AF showed.

Best of luck to you guys!

September 2009 IVF - BFN; November IVF -Ec topic Pregnancy; May 2010- IVF cycle- BFN,
July 2010 IVF cycle: BFP - m/c induced at 8 weeks because of no heartbeat
March 2011 IVF: BFP!!!
November 28th, 2009, 11:49 PM
Hey ladies...just wanted to drop a line to say hello...haven't been on here for awhile. I'm actually gonna be dong my HCG shot tonight in about an hour, DH is gettin' a little nervous bout it but what else can he say...lol. I have my retrival on monday morning, so we'll see how things turn out. I'll keep you updated!!
November 29th, 2009, 07:34 AM
adamsgirl
Good luck with your retrieval, I hope things go great!!

AFM... My mock transfer went really well, they thanked me like 3 times for coming with a full bladder LOL! I got the instructions on how to do the injections and my calendar. I take my last BCP Dec. 1, so Patty we will be just 2 days apart for all of this!! I also found out when I have to go for b/w and u/s's and I am starting to feel overwhelmed with all of this! I got my injections on Sat and I was expecting a cute little box, but the box was HUGE! So I go Dec. 2 for my baseline u/s and b/w and start injections on the 4th. Which is next Friday It's hard to believe it's here already!
November 30th, 2009, 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yarngirl View Post
Even if AF doesn't show after coming off bcp, the main thing they are looking for is that your E2 has been properly suppresed. So my RE said that even if AF didn't show, they take your blood work and you can still be in the clear to start a cycle. Both times for me, AF didn't show, got the blood work giving me the all clear, and then the next day AF showed.

Best of luck to you guys!
That is really good to know. I have 3 more days of bcp. I am hoping I can get started right away.

November 30th, 2009, 08:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamsgirl View Post
Good luck with your retrieval, I hope things go great!!

AFM... My mock transfer went really well, they thanked me like 3 times for coming with a full bladder LOL! I got the instructions on how to do the injections and my calendar. I take my last BCP Dec. 1, so Patty we will be just 2 days apart for all of this!! I also found out when I have to go for b/w and u/s's and I am starting to feel overwhelmed with all of this! I got my injections on Sat and I was expecting a cute little box, but the box was HUGE! So I go Dec. 2 for my baseline u/s and b/w and start injections on the 4th. Which is next Friday It's hard to believe it's here already!
I had the mock transfer already. It was not with a full bladder because we kind of rushed things to get me on the December schedule.

I am so happy that we will be doing this so close together. I hope we will anyway. I am still really nervous that my cycle is going to end up canceled again. Good luck with everything. I can't wait to hear how your ultrasound goes.

December 1st, 2009, 04:41 PM
adamsgirl
I took my last BCP tonight!!! IVF here we come!!
December 2nd, 2009, 12:26 PM
I called the nurse this morning after having a horrible horrible migraine and asked if I could stop taking the birth control pills. I only had two left to take. She said that was fine. I go in tomorrow for an ultrasound. Please say a prayer that it goes well. I am very nervous about my cycle being canceled again.

I told her that I was worried about my cycle being canceled due to the holidays and told her that I would rather wait if there was a chance it would be canceled. She said that that was why I needed to get in for my ultrasound tomorrow so we could get started and that I should be fine. I sure hope she is right. I am not sure when I will start my meds. I don't know how this is going to work. My appt is tomorrow at 9:30 so I will let you all know how it goes tomorrow.

December 2nd, 2009, 01:56 PM
Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy's Avatar Proud mom of Leiland
Send a message via AIM to Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy
I am guessing this is more or less the thread I should be in, oops. I have my retrevial on Sunday and I am so excited

December 3rd, 2009, 08:53 AM
Good luck at your retrieval! I think you can post in either thread. I hope everything goes well!!!

Aimee - How did your appt go today? Have you had it yet? I just got back from mine. My ultrasound went well. My lining looks good. AF hasn't started but I guess that doesn't matter. I am not sure how that works and whether or not she will start.

I start Gonal F injections on Saturday. Then I go back for bloodwork and another ultrasound on Monday. I paid for everything today so I guess we are committed now. We are going to be doing IVF with ICSI. Apparently, dh is not good at understanding messages. He thought we didn't need the ICSI but I talked to the nurse today and she told me his numbers (I can't remember what they are now). But anyway, his sperm count is low so they recommend the ICSI.

I will keep you gals posted.

December 3rd, 2009, 12:07 PM
adamsgirl
Patty- yay! for a good appt!! I haven't started AF yet either, but the nurse told me I would soon that my lining was starting to break down, she said it would prob be pretty light though. My ultrasound is always kinda hard, they have to search to find my right ovary, when I got my appendix removed they clipped my right ovary and it's pretty small now I guess. So, lots of pushing and prodding, but I'm getting used to it lol! I start lupron tomorrow and then gonal-F on either Sat. or Sun. They're going to call and let me know for sure. We are doing ICSI also, but thats because our problem is all with DH, we have a 50/50 chance he will even have sperm when we go into the retrieval, so we have donor as backup.

DooDah- good luck with the retrieval!! I hope it goes great!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search