Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr/May IVF

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC by IVF LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 17th, 2009, 05:03 AM
Super Mommy
Who is going to start off the new year by getting pregnant?!!

3 failed fresh IVFs, 1 failed FET
Surprise BFP in 12/10 after acupuncture & herbs!!
1 beautiful, perfect daughterl!

Last edited by ttb1105; March 30th, 2010 at 09:19 AM.
November 17th, 2009, 06:47 AM
~*Jackie*~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am hoping that I will be!! I'll know for sure in a few weeks after our Orientation and after I see how DH reacts to all of the information thrown at him!

Thank you brie_91 for this fabulous siggy!!
Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.
March 2011- February 2012: On BCP due to endometriosis.

March 2012- taking a few months off of BCP and we are TTC naturally.
We will re-evaluate another IVF w/FET try in 2013.

November 17th, 2009, 07:18 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm hoping I won't be joining you guys ( ) but I'll check in and root you guys along!!! I hope we have a lot of January BFPs!

September 2009 IVF - BFN; November IVF -Ec topic Pregnancy; May 2010- IVF cycle- BFN,
July 2010 IVF cycle: BFP - m/c induced at 8 weeks because of no heartbeat
March 2011 IVF: BFP!!!
November 18th, 2009, 11:23 AM
Bebo's Avatar Veteran
~lurker~

Just wanted to pop in and wish you ladies the very best!

May you ALL be blessed with BFPs in the New Year!!

We may be cycling in the Summer so you will have one excited cheerleader on the sidelines here

Blessings.
Dx with MFI 2007
Looking into IVF 2011
November 18th, 2009, 12:57 PM
I love the support of this board! I'm excited and nervous all rolled into one, but very anxious!! Tracey- any idea why you are starting your next cycle?

Our TTC journey: 6 cycles Clomid, lap surgery/ D&C, IUI, 2 x IVF; 33 cycles- BFN.
IVF#1 (March 2010) Transferred two 8-cell grade A (perfect) embies- BFN and heartbroken.

IVF#2/FET#1 (Jan/Feb 2011):Transferred two (7&8 cell) grade A (PERFECT) embies- BFN again.

November 19th, 2009, 05:05 AM
Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*Jackie*~ View Post
I love the support of this board! I'm excited and nervous all rolled into one, but very anxious!! Tracey- any idea why you are starting your next cycle?
I, too, love the support of the board. I am thinking you meant *when* instead of why. We go see RE on Dec 2. I had canceled my follow-up to my previous failed IVF because it was just too much for me to process. This will be our follow-up from that and we will talk about moving forward. I think that I ask to get on bcp to control my cycle, so that I will be ready for lupron when I return from my Christmas vacation on Jan 3.

November 19th, 2009, 07:20 AM
Sorry, Tracey! I certainly did mean "when"!!

Well, I randomly got a call from the IVF Coordinator at my RE's office today. Weird timing as today is cycle day 1 and she was just seriously randomly calling me. Since my last cycle day 3 b/w and u/s was done in April, we are going to get that done on Saturday so it's up to date and ready to go. She will call me with the results on Monday, and if we are all clear, we are going to move forward with the next required step- a sonohistogram- to check my uterus and make sure that there's nothing in the way of implantation (even though I just had everything cleaned out in my surgery in August!). I'm getting nervous and so excited all rolled into one! This may actually be happening!!!

Since my next cycle will start a little before Christmas, it will be a little too soon (and bad timing!) to start that cycle, so we *should* be starting in mid/late January if all tests come back clear!

November 21st, 2009, 12:51 PM
Well I am done with my cycle day 3 b/w and u/s that my RE wanted updated. I'll get the results Monday!! If all clear, we'll talk about when I need to go in for the sonohistogram!

November 22nd, 2009, 10:52 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Yay... another group of girls to stalk!!!!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

November 29th, 2009, 09:10 AM
Well, I am going to pick up my antibiotic today that I take through Friday or Saturday. My sonohysterogram is on Wednesday (yuck), but Tracey- isn't that the day of your RE appointment??? Maybe we'll both have some good news about moving along for this cycle by mid-week! One week from tomorrow is our IVF Orientation, and DH is excited to go- which makes me even MORE anxious if that is possible!

I did ask my RE about going on BCP, and he said that their IVF group doesn't do controlled groups since they are staffed 7 days a week! That means that whenever NEXT cycle ends (my Dec/Jan cycle), we may be starting all of the important stuff for this already!

November 29th, 2009, 09:41 AM
Hey ladies can I join? We will be having IVF in Jan. I should start my bcp's in about 1 1/2 weeks. My dh & I have 3 kids. a 13 year old dd & 11 year old boy/girl twins. We had no fertility issues & the twins were conceived naturally. After the twins were born we made the decision for dh to have a vasectomy. I started talking to dh about reversing it when the twins were 2! We finally had it reversed in 06. We tried naturally for a year before moving onto IUI. We had 6 and none worked for us. Dr's feel we are dealing with sperm antibodies. So here we are finally ready for IVF with ICSI. The Dr feels like we should be succesful since it's a sperm issue. I'm still nervous none the less. I'm currently working but will be quitting at the end of Dec. I'm really excited to get to know others going through the same journey.

Last edited by Rockin_Robin; November 29th, 2009 at 10:07 AM.
November 30th, 2009, 07:35 AM
Hi! I'm sorry your journey has brought you here, but we'd love to have you!

I'm Jackie (28), my DH is Jon (29) and we've been trying for our first baby for almost 2 years (next month). I was diagnosed with severe endometriosis, so IVF is our best option at this time. We're starting all of the pre-IVF testing and getting it out of the way in hopes of starting our one and only IVF cycle towards the end of January!

It may be a little quiet in here until the time gets closer, but feel free to jump right in!!

November 30th, 2009, 08:26 AM
Super Mommy
Jackie - Yes, RE appointment is Weds. I am anxious to hear what they say! I am also anxious to get on bcp so that I can control when I start AF. We are traveling for 1.5 weeks at Christmas and I wanted to be "drug-free" for the holidays! Good luck with the sonohysterogram. Will you find out the results immediately? And keep us posted on how the IVF consultation goes next week!

Welcome Robin! I look forward to following your journey!

November 30th, 2009, 09:30 AM
I think I will find out my results right away- my RE should be the one doing it from what I understand. Since I just had the surgery clearing all of that out in there, I don't imagine that they will find anything, but with endo, you never know!! I'm so excited to hear about your appointment! Don't forget to update!

December 3rd, 2009, 06:03 AM
Super Mommy
My RE appointment went good! It was mostly a follow-up to our previously failed IVF attempt. I couldn't bring myself to going in for that appointment earlier.

RE thought that I was suppressed too much with the bcp and lupron. Because of this, I took stims for 15 days. My estrogen level started to peak and he ordered the ovidrel when he needed to, but felt like my body could have stood to wait a little longer. For my retrieval, I had 4-20s, 5-19s, and the rest were right around 16s. He had wished that I had some larger ones.

For the next attempt, he wants me to get on bcp, but no lupron. He will start my stims out at the higher dosage and see how I progess along. If my eggs start growing at a slow rate (similar to the last cycle), we will either cancel the cycle or move forward with an IUI. This pleased DH and me. Since we are paying for this out of our own pocket, we appreciate this.

We decided that I won't get on bcp to control my next period because I will start on my own around Jan 6. My RE will be on vaca thru Jan 8. A regular cycle (without bcp) will work out perfectly with his vacation. And really, waiting another week is no big deal in the whole scheme of things!

December 3rd, 2009, 08:15 AM
Sounds like a great appointment!!! That's awesome that your RE is working with you in case the cycle doesn't go as planned-- I would appreciate that too!

I posted my update on the board! I am completely done with the pre-IVF testing, and DH just has his bloodwork to do. Orientation is Monday afternoon and I can't wait!

December 16th, 2009, 12:21 PM
Anything going on in here?

I have my last RE appointment of the year next Wednesday afternoon-- I will get my IVF Protocol then. DH had his bloodwork done last weekend, so we are all ready to roll. I will also get my injectable information/class next week. DH and I will then sit down and discuss a "yes" or "no" to IVF. I am hoping he will say yes. I am also hoping that my RE will not need us to do ICSI, which will save us another $1200, and make it a tiny bit easier for DH to say yes. I'm going to start calling for pricing for meds next week after my appointment- through the following week. We'd now (by choice) be looking at a mid-February start date.

December 17th, 2009, 07:49 AM
Super Mommy
Jackie, sounds like you are moving right along! How exciting!

My nurse is faxing in my prescriptions for all of the IVF meds. We will be out of town Dec 23-Jan 3, so I will call on Jan 4 to have the meds shipped.

I am nervous as heck about starting the emotional rollercoaster in January. I know how low I was after the previous failed attempt. I don't EVER want to feel like that again. I think part of the reason for my uneasiness is I have 2 friends who are going through IVF at the moment. One friend just completed her IVF and got a BFN from her Beta late last week. I rehashed all of those emotions last week after I heard her news. The other friend just had her retrieval on Tuesday...they retrieved a great number, but not many fetilized. I reminded her that it only takes one! But again, I am re-living the emotions in my head.

December 17th, 2009, 10:09 AM
That is totally understandable, Tracey! We can only give a fresh cycle one shot (and perhaps ONE FET if we have frosties), so if it's a BFN, well... I'll lose it. I know it's a chance I'm taking, and I'm scared out of my wits. That's where DH isn't 100% ready yet... just such a huge chance.

I'm glad you'll be getting started soon!! I'm looking forward to going through this process with you, although it looks like I'll be a little behind.

December 22nd, 2009, 10:56 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Well, I really don't want to be here at all..... But, that said, I'm glad it's with you guys (although, wait, I wish you guys weren't here either....) I'm going to meet with my new RE on January 25, and I'm hoping to start my third IVF cycle in February. A lot will depend on how my body responds to the methotrexate for the ectopic, and we may need to wait until March, but for now, I thought I'd pop in here and cheer everyone along.

September 2009 IVF - BFN; November IVF -Ec topic Pregnancy; May 2010- IVF cycle- BFN,
July 2010 IVF cycle: BFP - m/c induced at 8 weeks because of no heartbeat
March 2011 IVF: BFP!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search