First round of IVF

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC by IVF LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 23rd, 2009, 08:17 AM
Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy's Avatar Proud mom of Leiland
Send a message via AIM to Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy
HI there everyone, I haven't been on this board in a very log time because I just couldn't keep talking about not being pregnant. But we have decided to do a couple cycles of IVF, with hopes of not needing that second round.

I started my first shots on cd3 which was Friday. It all happened a little fast because of my period coming a week early.

I am really very exciting and SO nervous. I like statistics which is wh we went with IVF. I did an IUI back in January wiht no luck. This dr told me an IUI was a 17% chance and IVF was a 50% chance. We chose the odds. We are also going to pay he extra to do the ICSI. Anyone know statistics with ICSI? I am curious how mch better the chances are with it.

Anyway, just came here because I really hope to find more suport here then other sites I have been on.

Thanks for reading.

November 23rd, 2009, 10:42 AM
Kellica's Avatar Super Mommy
Hi Sarah, welcome back. I'm Gail and I'm right in the middle of my 2ww from IVF. This was my 3rd and final attempt. I'm in the October/November sub-forum. I don't know any stats on ICSI. My RE does this automatically. I do know that is does help though. I hope things go the right way this time for you. Good Luck!
November 23rd, 2009, 12:13 PM
oh wow three rounds, I am scared because these two are all we can afford for now.

what meds did you take and how much?
How many embrios did you get each time?
And was there something you knew was wrong?

November 23rd, 2009, 01:08 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Welcome! You'll find a lot of support here, and answers to your questions. Your doctors statistics seem really high, but I obviously don't know your individual diagnosis or issues. At this site, you can see a clinic's live birth rates and other information: Fertility Clinic Reports What you want to focus on is the live birth rate.

National stats are available her: National Summary With the highest live birth rate at 45% for the less than 35 age group.

You may also find that questions get answered quicker on the main board as a lot of girls who have already done IVF still post on the main board.

Best of luck!

September 2009 IVF - BFN; November IVF -Ec topic Pregnancy; May 2010- IVF cycle- BFN,
July 2010 IVF cycle: BFP - m/c induced at 8 weeks because of no heartbeat
March 2011 IVF: BFP!!!
November 23rd, 2009, 02:43 PM
oh thank you, I am off to look at those stats.

We don't really have a known cause for infertility. I mean I have a MILD form of PCOS, but I have regular periods. I have low egg count and know I will go into menapause early. DH is fine. I also have a LP problem, but we are doing progesterone shots this time, so I hope it helps.

November 23rd, 2009, 04:20 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Please don't take this the wrong way, I just want to be helpful and supportive. With a low follicle count, I don't see how your doctor could tell you that you have a 50% chance of conceiving with IVF. It's just my opinion, but I would be cautious of a doctor who is overly optomistic. You are paying a lot of money to do this, and you want your doctor to be honest about what your age, follicle count, infertility causes, etc. mean in terms of probability.

I'm 34, with no explained causes, a great antral follicle count, etc. and my doctor said I had about a 30% chance per embryo transferred at the high end.

Again, I say all this to be supportive.

September 2009 IVF - BFN; November IVF -Ec topic Pregnancy; May 2010- IVF cycle- BFN,
July 2010 IVF cycle: BFP - m/c induced at 8 weeks because of no heartbeat
March 2011 IVF: BFP!!!
November 24th, 2009, 10:04 PM
I completely appreciate honesty. My dr took a lok at my overies and said he thinks he can get about 15 eggs this cycle. Also, the last time we took meds we were at 112.5 iu and he upped it to 300 iu this cycle. So I am hoping to get better results this time around. We will know a lot more next week when we go bak in for another ultrasound.

He is more confident he said beause I have been pregnant twice now, but miscarried both times. The first was at 16 weeks with no "reason" found for a loss, and the next one was beause of my hormone levels. Both with my hubby. He thinks the progesterone will make a huge difference. I have no issues with my tubes, uterus, and he said I had a good lining when he did the ultrasound. Again this is our first round, but reguardless of the % he gave us, we are giving this two months because its what we have.

He also said, he would only put in 3 embrios the first time because of chance for multiples, and he thinks because I am only 24 he doesn't want to over do it. But if it doesn't work, he will be more vigerous the next cycle.

Tags
icsi , ivf

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search