My AF is still here do you think that will mess up my IVF cycle

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC by IVF LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 24th, 2009, 05:56 AM
pattyandthemoos's Avatar Administrator
I am on cd 13 and AF is still around. I thought she finally ended yesterday because I hadn't seen her all day just to wake up this morning with a light bright red flow. I am starting to worry that AF isn't going to show next cycle or that my lining is going to be not good again. I have 10 more days to go on the pill.

For the girls that have taken the pill, did AF start right after your stopped the active pills? Also, does AF have to start in order for you to start your cycle?

I am worried about two things. One that I won't be able to start in time to do it this cycle because AF isn't going to show on time and/or my lining is going to be messed up again.

They take a break for Christmas so you have to do the retrieval and transfer I think by a certain time. I am also worried about how I will respond to the medications. I don't want to be cutting things so close that they end up cancelling on me mid cycle.

I hope I am just worrying too much.

Missing my Mommy Weightloss & Fitness girls. You're the best!
November 24th, 2009, 08:29 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
As much time, effort, money, and emotion as we have to put into these things, I think it would be impossible not to worry. I think it is completely normal!

I don't see shy a really long AF would mess anything up. I always get AF about 3 days after the last pill. Your lining should be okay...it sounds like your body is really cleaning itself out so it can build a nice, healthy lining for your IVF cycle. You will have so much estrogen in your system from the stims that lining usually isn't a problem for anyone going thru IVF.

You might ask her, but I don't think Brandi started AF before her IVF cycles. She was on day 103 or something crazy like that when she started her cycles...they wanted to give her more time to grow her lining since that has been an issue for her in the past.

I'm not sure if that helps any...IVF gives us so many things to worry about! You are in my thoughts and prayers, and I am hoping that you'll be ringing in the New Year with a BFP!

Melissa & DH
IVF babies Claire (3), Abigail (1) and George (1)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search