Devastated....

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC by IVF LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 28th, 2010, 07:15 AM
Super Mommy
I haven't posted on here in a couple of weeks - just dealing with alot of my emotions from the last round of IVF and mc...but I don't know how else to express myself. My sister in law who I love dearly just called to tell me she is pg. I tried to be happy and excited for her but I am sitting here bawling my eyes out. While I know she is a great mother to my two nephews there are somethings in her life that are not positive and my dh and I feel that the relationship she is in (her ex-husbands best friend) is not the greatest (he just left rehab and has not been doing well). I know I sound like a horrible person but I just felt all the hurt I have tried work though come flooding back. Why is this so hard??!!!!

May 28th, 2010, 07:31 AM
Sacred Silence's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lorie,
I'm so sorry that you're dealing with this. And that you have to face pregnancy news on top of it all. (((HUGS)))

May 28th, 2010, 10:45 AM
TTCMA Cheer Captain
You do NOT sound like a horrible person! What you are feeling is totally normal and healthy and just goes along with the unfairness of infertility. My sister (who is a wonderful Mom in a wonderful marriage) announced 2 pregnancies while we were TTC. I bawled for days each time, not because I wasn't happy for her, but because it was so hard to watch them fill their house with children while we sat here in our silent, lonely house waiting for a BFP. I'm so sorry that you are having to deal with this on top of everything else...it stinks and it is completely not fair.
May 28th, 2010, 11:48 AM
pianogirl's Avatar Veteran
Lorie, I'm so sorry you are going through this. I mc when both me and my friend were pregnant at the same time and she is due in a couple weeks and it's a constant reminder of what should've been. We all understand what you are feeling and I hope you start to feel a tiny bit better as time goes by.
TTC#2 since June 2008
Did Puregon and IUI from June 2008 - Dec.2008
Began process of testing and getting ready for IVF w/ICSI Feb.2009
Did first IVF w/ICSI in May. MC June 2009
Did IVF with FET Oct 2009 and had CP
Begin taking BCP on May 7 for IVF
Lupron injections on May 15
Gonal-F & Menupor on May 28
Retrieval on June 7, 5 day transfer w/2 embryo's on June 12
June 21-4 weeks pregnant!! Praying for heartbeat at 7 week ultrasound
July 12-We are having twins! Two strong heartbeats. Thank you God.
Jan 13,2011-Marcus and Caleb were born.

May 28th, 2010, 12:59 PM
AllisonC's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry you're going through this. You're feelings are completely normal. I also went through a similar situation with my best friend and several cousins getting pg and delivering babies in the past 3 years we've been ttc. It's a very difficult time in your life and having thoughs feelings are completely normal. Infertility is so unfair.
May 29th, 2010, 06:20 AM
Yankee Girl's Avatar Member
Lorie,
Hang in there! I understand how much the feeling of "unfair" hurts! Been through it too, and leaves me wanting to flip out. Stay positive and think happy thoughts! I am a firm believer in staying strong for what you want!
June 4- showed 19 follies
June 5- trigger shots
June 7- 5 eggs retrieved (much less than they saw)
June 8- 3 eggs were mature, all 3 fertilized
June 10- transfered 2 grade A 8 cell embies!!!!
June 21- PG test
May 29th, 2010, 07:07 PM
Super Mommy
Thank you ladies...I think I just lost it...I was getting myself on track and ready to start another round of IVF when I got the news. It just hurt when she told me since she is early on she wanted to let me know in case something happens since I already knew what that was like - no kidding her exact words and they hurt like hell. You are all strong and wonderful women and I wish you all the best Thank you again.

July 6th, 2010, 12:36 PM
~Lynda~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
hugs to you, i'm new to this subforum, but have had 4 miscarriages. You are not a horrible person. We all feel the same way you do. It just simply hurts!!! HUGS

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search