Tomorrow...

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC by IVF LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 3rd, 2010, 05:20 PM
Lissa here. I am new to this group. Is it too late to join? I tried two rounds of clomid with no response. I have started Follistem 7 times, had to stop twice because my hormones crashed and one other time I got too many follicles. I had 4 failed IUI's. I was ready to give up and my spouse convinced me to do IVF. So, everything was shaky since I started the injections of Menopur and Follistem. Things went crazy and I started Ganirelix on the 4th day of injections. Gave Ovidrel last night and we go tomorrow for the egg retrieval. I am really nervous because I've heard that it hurts. Can anyone comment on this? Also, I find it highly amusing that my husband and I were having sex every other day during this whole process because that's what we thought we were supposed to do. Guess not... we were not supposed to be intimate because it could cause multiple pregnancies. I am trying to be very positive this time. So, drinking lots of gatorade today, peeing and getting rest for tomorrow. Not really sure how to feel other than anxious. I want to just be pregnant already! One other thing... I haven't ever joined a group before and I have trouble reading what people say because I don't know what the letters stand for. I did figure out AF means Aunt Flo! Thanks! Where does everyone live?
Lissa
July 3rd, 2010, 05:45 PM
pianogirl's Avatar Veteran
Hi there, My name is Michelle. I finished IVF and currently am almost 6 weeks pregnant. We are waiting for the ultrasound at 7 weeks which will hopefully confirm a heartbeat. My short story is that we were TTC#2 (trying to conceive) for 2 years. With our DS (dear son) it took 2 1/2 years and we were finally successful with injections and IUI, but after failed attempts with that for a second child we moved to IVF last May. We got pregnant and unfortunately at the 7 week u/s there was no heartbeat and I had a mc(miscarriage). Then we did a FET (frozen embryo transfer) in October and it ended with a CP(chemical pregnancy). So we did a 2nd round of IVF this May again and like I said we are waiting for July 12 as that will be the u/s to confirm a heartbeat.

The egg retrieval is probably different for everyone. Partly depends on your pain tolerance. I didn't find it horrible. There is definite discomfort and a small amount of pain but they typically give you a drug by intravenous methods and it makes things a whole lot better. The procedure is fairly quick and after they had me just lay down for a bit until I felt ok to get up. For me I just took extra strength tylenol and then went home and slept and rest the whole day.

For where we live it will say typically in the top right hand side of our post. How long have you guys been TTC?

Good luck tomorrow and you can keep us posted either on the regular IVF board or even go into the forum that says June/July/Aug/Sept IVF. That was a bunch of ladies who are/were doing IVF during these times. Most of the June ones are already done but I'm sure there will be more to follow.
TTC#2 since June 2008
Did Puregon and IUI from June 2008 - Dec.2008
Began process of testing and getting ready for IVF w/ICSI Feb.2009
Did first IVF w/ICSI in May. MC June 2009
Did IVF with FET Oct 2009 and had CP
Begin taking BCP on May 7 for IVF
Lupron injections on May 15
Gonal-F & Menupor on May 28
Retrieval on June 7, 5 day transfer w/2 embryo's on June 12
June 21-4 weeks pregnant!! Praying for heartbeat at 7 week ultrasound
July 12-We are having twins! Two strong heartbeats. Thank you God.
Jan 13,2011-Marcus and Caleb were born.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search