Waiting for 2nd cycle for IVF and cautious.....

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC by IVF LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 25th, 2010, 06:46 AM
I am waiting to start my 2nd stims for my IVF after being devastated hat my first was canceled due to poor response.
I am very cautious about taking supplements. I ahve started on Prenatals and was about to start taking Potassium Gluconate 550 mg. I am kinda scared, please advice me .....
August 25th, 2010, 08:14 AM
Super Mommy
Hi! We all understand how you feel. I did my first round of IVF responded great, got pg and then m/c. Started my second round of IVF a couple of weeks ago and it was a rollarcoaster - my RE wanted to cancel & salvage it with an IUI b/c of poor response as well. To make a long story short - I did not like the odds w/the IUI, went against the doctor & had my retrieval. Anyway - I don't take any supplements - only prenatals and levothyroxin (for my thyroid). I would talk to your doctor prior to taking any supplements b/c they may or may not affect any meds you are on. Good luck and I hope that helps Best of luck!

August 25th, 2010, 08:28 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom_of2 View Post
I would talk to your doctor prior to taking any supplements b/c they may or may not affect any meds you are on.
I would talk with your RE about what you are thinking about taking. Some stuff they'd rather you leave out of your regiment if it's going to change the way the drugs work.

Good luck with everything! I hope second time's a charm!

Yet another wonderful siggy by HeatherW.... thank you so much!!!

August 25th, 2010, 08:58 AM
Thank you. I just have not started my Stims yet. I see here that with IVF there is no guarantee..
August 25th, 2010, 09:44 AM
Super Mommy
I went from having my older son naturally, my second we tried for 2 years and finally had to use clomid...now we are trying again and had to jump to IVF after 3 years of trying and using clomid. There is no guarantee with anything...but there is hope

August 25th, 2010, 03:51 PM
Much luck to you, momof2... I am real anxious awaiting my menses.

Always in God's Hands!!!
August 25th, 2010, 05:22 PM
Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy's Avatar Proud mom of Leiland
Send a message via AIM to Sarah:Marie:IVF:Mommy
there aren't guarantees but they sure can better your chances.

August 31st, 2010, 05:09 PM
Hi Everyone,
I also just went through my first IVF and we received the call that we had a positive test result but it was a LOW postive. We received a call two days later (after another blood test) and it seems as though I lost it. Trying to deal with that phone call and my nurse also mentioned that the Dr. would like me to take the supplement DHEA 3x a day. I have read up online about this supplement and am really worried about taking it. It seems as though there are some really positive success stories but MAJOR side effects. Have no idea what to do!!!
September 1st, 2010, 01:21 PM
~Lynda~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
tek, i took DHEA for about a year and the side effects weren't bad. there have been some great studies done about it. if you haven't googled it, you should. everyone is different, but i wouldn't stress too much about the side effects. I am so sorry for your loss!!! i've gone through 4 of them myself! hugs

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search